What do players think of Almaris and it's events from the past year?

JuztLizzy

At the start of Almaris I had patience because I was told that Vortex was unfinished. 

A few months after that and we finally received our vaults, which I got half of my stuff completely gone by a glitch and no response from the person who handled it.

Next few months later, rise in 'gooning' where I've seen people OOCly admit that they just raid for OOC laughs and for kicks.

Ruh roh! Can't do shit in an open area for a event without getting 6 people with 1 Word persona names showing up to PVP Default you and your friends! 

Oh? You're tired of nation beaucracy and just want a home in the Outback? Too bad, Wildlands are gRiEfInG.

Hope you're happy being a money source to people who you've never met giving 50% or more of what you make to them. 

2/10

I just want my Wildlands back and my resource pits, give me back Arcas, my baby.

I didn’t except much from this admin team, but I thought it would be better than this. 

9 hours ago, breeni said:

90% of the time when I do non CRP interactions players murder harmless npcs for green loot :steamsad:

That's because death has no consequence on lotc, we've talked about this

Almaris is rated PG: parental guidance is advised.

PG.png.13ba8eedd06c3857a947ce8901efec89.png

Staff are the parental guidance for what is believed to be an entire playerbase of children, incapable of handling conflict//war, incapable of facing any true loss or gain to a war in MEDIEVAL roleplay setting. I don't know about you guys but medieval times in my mind were constant hardships including excessive conflict, famine, disease and extensive war, and i've seen none of that in Almaris.

In terms of events; this whole map I've ran into zero staff events, one player-ran eventline which was real good, and one instance where a dragon popped by Elvenesse to help them remove some stuff for their rebuild.

I don't think enforced misery will fix any problems with the map.

If that were the case, we could just reimplement Vortex.

y’all choose to hate it and complain about it but still play it

1 hour ago, googoogawwa said:

y’all choose to hate it and complain about it but still play it

Lotc is on par with heroin

Didn't pay much attention, loved vortex, found it enjoyable, gave a sense of progression, trust and companionship then it got removed, then I had nothing to do. 

Everything was basically slow to a pin with nothing to do (in my opinion, don't screech at me) and frankly I feel others would agree.

Staff is making me feel uneasy, it makes a-lot of people worried, the seat being thrown around like a party chair isn't reassuring. Though, I twiddle my thumbs, from the shadows.

Frankly, things could be a-lot better, but with the resources we currently have, which- aren't many, is to be expected. 

4/10 Atleast the void hasn't consumed us.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:10 PM, NotEvilAtAll said:

The only major change in Almaris since map launch has been new settlements getting built here and there. There’s been no significant wars and no eventlines impacting any significant portion of the server at once.

At least Arcas had a real history to it, as mediocre as that map felt at times. Almaris doesn’t really have much history yet and might not get one until another year has passed.

It actually does have one, but somehow it's not communicated lol

I haven't been around in Almaris for too long, but I do like this map for the individual immersion it gives way to. It feels more realistic than the ones I've been in previous (Atlas, Arcas) because of the immense size. Large maps are quite controversial but I've always reasoned that nations shouldn't be like 1 minute away from each other because I feel as though it replicates how a world without many quick means of transport would be.

HOWEVER, in that same breath I'll acknowledge that there is a strong lack of communication between nations and settlements in Almaris that I think has really stunted how diplomacy and overall world building work this time around, thereby decreasing community immersion which I feel is more important than any personal interest I have. It isn't realistic to live in a bubble without acknowledging the existence of your neighboring states. There isn't enough want for interaction with nations outside of your own, which has led to a lot of stagnation in conflict, storytelling and the progress of new settlements. I don't believe this is entirely the fault of the world though, its based on different groups arguing about how LotC should be, with the added tragedy of a missing unifier (large-scale ST events and global engagement motivators). Without interaction, new settlements are extremely DIFFICULT to capitalize on if there isn't already a dedicated playerbase and community connected to it (something like Savoy), so we've seen very few of them rise to the occasion. Isolation isn't good for any playerbase.