Holy Hells do I Hate The Druids. A Hating of Inactivity and Magics.

VoidandNull

20 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

bring back the weed druid

He's free of this place. Let him rest.

13 minutes ago, Valkirey said:

none of this is real

it’s almost as if you could log off any time 😯

Since when can Druids control smog? That’s not in their department.

But seriously dude, I think you need to take a step back or move on. I’ve seen you shitting on Druids for a while now. You’re Lock’s friend so it’s whatever, but dude you need to chill. Hard to get into a community when you go off like this about them. Druid, void, azdrazi, necro…none of the groups appreciate rants about how non inclusive they are because someone didn’t get their way immediately. Most folks who have those Magics work at getting them for a year or more through steady rp. Do some get them from friends? Sure. I’ve seen it. But most don’t. Most do the work and put in the time. Complaining and whining in game, in discord, or on the forums though…This, this is not the way. 

This post is funny as hell, but seriously my guy go take a break. Fun as schizo posting is this is a bit of a yikes so maybe just take a week off the server and go do something else. 

3 minutes ago, OhDeerLord said:

Hey,

Big boi druid here

you know what I totally get it. Yeah we've been frustrated ourselves that the druids have had problems with activity, and we're currently working on it.

The unfortunate thing is that a lot of what you want us to do in your post

We've been told we can't.

Freeport? Our magic can't do anything for it. Druidism does nothing against what happened in Freeport. Far as I recall only Xannic stuff can do things with that, and we were told by staff that we couldn't even go in there and tear down the buildings to return the area to nature.

Ando Alur when it was floating? While that event was happening any attempts of using IC gained knowledge was blocked as being called Metagaming. We had a ST lock signs behind someone who legitimately broke in to places to investigate and break things. We were told by staff and players to leave it alone, so people could have their fun. We were blocked from doing things by being told 'It's a settlement, it falls under settlement conflict rules so you need a heist to do that' and then in the same week told 'It's a event location, you can't do that here'.

Ando Alur crater? We were mocked of 'the druids are going to mess with it, lets not let them' and in the same day of being told we can't do with it, people would message saying 'the druids aren't interacting with the site' ... because we were told by staff to not.

We finally got confirmation that, after giving people time to play around in the voidal taint then we can start fixing it.

I totally get it.

It's been really difficult to keep activity with things when we've been told 'No' and then 'Why aren't you doing anything' right after that.

We'd all love to be able to do more, and be around more but we've been rather cucked this map waiting for things to happen.

I pretty often hear about some of our druids trying to blight heal or interact with an area and get told no, because of either ST or RO things.

Trust me, dude, no one wants the druids more active than druids. I get you, I'd love to see more activity myself. But we're tired, and a lot of us are adults now with shit to do.

On another note, at least in the MC almost all of our teachers have full slots on Dedicants. We have more seekers than we do teachers.

We've got a discord, and a gatekeeper ping now to try and have people hopping on to open it up, and we're working on improvements to the grove. 

Staff is a big problem? Who knew! 

Another problem that the Druids are facing is the Activity Checks
Druids were given Nation status because we were many and mighty and it was great, but as time wore on and people got tired they didn't want to sit on a single tile.
And that's another problem is the system, we want to keep our Grove for the need to have a place to train our Druids and Dedicants and host people safely....but also Druids as a general job require us to go out and do things.

We cant sustain ourselves on Slice of Life, and as someone that tends to mill about the Grove in an attempt to keep it up and have someone there it gets honestly exhausting.

It is no longer fun, and people go away to do actual fun things. And that happens, it's happened to many settlements that dot the map left abandoned with 3 months overdue on their eviction announcement.

The Grove isn't a city, and it never was meant to be one. Going there looking for Druids is one thing, but if you dont find anyone you can always chalk it up to them actually going out and doing what Druids do.

4 minutes ago, ItsMyWorld66 said:

Another problem that the Druids are facing is the Activity Checks
Druids were given Nation status because we were many and mighty and it was great, but as time wore on and people got tired they didn't want to sit on a single tile.
And that's another problem is the system, we want to keep our Grove for the need to have a place to train our Druids and Dedicants and host people safely....but also Druids as a general job require us to go out and do things.

We cant sustain ourselves on Slice of Life, and as someone that tends to mill about the Grove in an attempt to keep it up and have someone there it gets honestly exhausting.

It is no longer fun, and people go away to do actual fun things. And that happens, it's happened to many settlements that dot the map left abandoned with 3 months overdue on their eviction announcement.

The Grove isn't a city, and it never was meant to be one. Going there looking for Druids is one thing, but if you dont find anyone you can always chalk it up to them actually going out and doing what Druids do.

i'll bite

if the grove is incapable of sustaining activity, and was never intended to do that, why have the mother grove as an independent political entity? why not join with any of the several existent wood elven states/settlements, and function as an order based out of it? that's what most orders do

2 minutes ago, Monkee said:

i'll bite

if the grove is incapable of sustaining activity, and was never intended to do that, why have the mother grove as an independent political entity? why not join with any of the several existent wood elven states/settlements, and function as an order based out of it? that's what most orders do

Hiya! This is a 

'Easier said than done' sort've thing!

There was a group of druids that lived with the major elven state of Elvenesse for a good portion of the map

Emphasis on was. Druids aren't exactly a political, governing group. We're a guild that, many many maps ago were given nation status due to their unique position and size that was seen by staff as deserving of a spot at the start of maps. 

Which was great! And worked great for years as a independent entity!

And then the activity system has gone through several changes, and now we're expected to sit at home and do Slice of Life rp that, frankly

A good portion of us don't want to spend all of our time doing.

We're meant to be going out and interacting with sites, healing, growing, ect

And we've not been allowed to. With the activity system we've been tasked with staying home. We can't do as many of the scouting missions out to check on areas as we used to, because of the dreaded advertising activity to other places.

We've had places refuse to advertise our events, because it would take activity away from their tiles!

In short, the druids can work well as allies to certain groups, neutral parties to most, but as part of a nation? Not so much.

Imagine being the king and being told someone did a ecoterrorism and they live in land that you're in control of. It'd only further neuter the druids from what people (and we) want them to be, tying them to others too strongly politically.