Saevel's Delusion

Nozgoth

Spoiler

oV0vcfBNv1Z3ooJ-sTuvMJt_FOnAAioZLyOot4PHrvJ0F8qfLO7VkYyriEKQOuO-qOP_yBSVU_WBhwznLzLLh0mWKdY54L0jBbZqwtKsUMhEu0zxrY6GPF-zlbhE1SUOQSXzoLII

“Trapped. Stretched thin as I vye to escape the shadow which beckons.”

Saevel’s Delusion

The world as it was had not yet been disturbed, nor stirred from its slumber. For every bird’s chirp, there was a dormant heart, beating-still. For every footstep, it sounded. For each rustle of leaves, it was there. And it did not relent. This monotonous operation existed too in the minds of men, and there it persisted especially. For perhaps the mind acted as a conduit; a gateway of sorts into what etheric avenues lay just beyond the reach of one’s eye. And if one were to answer the ever-thumping heart, they might just find what they were in search of. Or maybe they wouldn’t - maybe it was all just an illusion, a construct of the mind itself. Perhaps there was nothing beyond. Perhaps there were no eldritch truths beyond the veil, nor in the stars, nor the symbols and signs which the world was wrought of. Regardless, there would be no whole truth in the perspective of one man; for no one man could realize what took one-million minds to create. 

And thus spawned the delusion.

Enlightenment is a fickle thing, a thing no mortal can possess so-long as they are even semi-unconscious of themselves. It is true realization; the ascension beyond oneself so that they are a man no longer. And yet one mind possessed it, or at least he had convinced himself of it, and as such, convinced the world’s beating heart of it. Such that men gathered under the moon’s shine and watched as miracles were made, systems were broken, and true magic was unintentionally performed. The true magic would not be realized until later, for it was only in his delusion that he birthed it, and the combined delusion of many who fueled it. The world would be deluded under false promises and systems which did not truly exist. What alchemy? What magic? What eldritch truths were there?

Had it all been a dream?

The heart was sick. It skipped a beat. It throbbed and hobbled until it could thump nevermore. The veil was then lifted. It all just was. It all just is. It is the All, and the Nothing. The veil is lifted. But even here we experience the delusion. One can never claim to be free of it, lest they get sucked back in within an instant. It is a paradox. A construct which my sick and twisted mind fabricated. A gruesome machination. I claim to be deceived and yet I deceive myself! But why? It puts a pit in my stomach!

The question is why?

I pry at the bars, but they only grow thicker. I cry to the stars, but they only snicker! Why has my own mind ensnared me? Why does it suffocate me in its all-encompassing odium? Please, oh please! Free me from this eternal torment!

I don't know how much longer I can run.

Signed,

Levaes

Spoiler

No, I am not back. Stop saying I'm back you monsters. Just felt like doing some writing.

oh hi noz can't believe you're back omg I'm so glad you're back hi hello will I come back too now that you're back maybe I will omg!

O_o