Player Suggestion Collaboration Project

Disheartened

please, PLEASE for the love of god, dip your toes into the vast pool that is conflict on LOTC, and I don't just mean warclaims or raids

for example

unknown.png

why. why is this a rule? if the concern is players performing these major altercations purely because of OOC spite, is it not within the moderation team's ability to moderate the roleplay and build up to these types of major alterations, or to be informed on what is and isn't genuine roleplay? why do ROs and NLs have this level of OOC power to the point where they can quite literally say "no" to these types of attacks and be done with it, as opposed to being forced to tackle a problem through actual roleplay? 

and this is just one branch of the absolute cesspool that is players having this much control over their nation on an OOC level

also,
here's something I recently made a post on that got a lot of support and is very easy to tackle from a moderation standpoint: 

8 minutes ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

why. why is this a rule?

That one I understand and likely won't alter. Due to all the complications with builds, regions, PRO system etc etc etc it's hard to do large scale damage to things constantly (and trust me, it would be constant without any barrier in place), plus people put tons of work into our builds on server.... BUT.

What if we made a bit of a compromise to see if we can add it as a heist feature? People would have to make apps and it would still be controlled, but it would add more leeway to be able to do that with valid RP. That's something I'd be willing to bring up.

As for your other part, I remember seeing that post and it should be a pretty easy fix and something I'm happy to work on. Someone already brought it up in mod chat so I'll need to check and see if we ever took steps to put anything in place.

20 minutes ago, Disheartened said:

That one I understand and likely won't alter. Due to all the complications with builds, regions, PRO system etc etc etc it's hard to do large scale damage to things constantly (and trust me, it would be constant without any barrier in place), plus people put tons of work into our builds on server.... BUT.

What if we made a bit of a compromise to see if we can add it as a heist feature? People would have to make apps and it would still be controlled, but it would add more leeway to be able to do that with valid RP. That's something I'd be willing to bring up.

As for your other part, I remember seeing that post and it should be a pretty easy fix and something I'm happy to work on. Someone already brought it up in mod chat so I'll need to check and see if we ever took steps to put anything in place.

>staff solicit ideas from players

>player suggests very obvious idea, like removing a rule that makes no sense

>"no we can't do that, it would be too much work + unfair to PROs"

3 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

>staff solicit ideas from players

>player suggests very obvious idea, like removing a rule that makes no sense

>"no we can't do that, it would be too much work + unfair to PROs"

Did you read my whole response and see that I'm helping or are you just gonna go with the typical "Staff evil" mindset

9 minutes ago, Disheartened said:

Did you read my whole response and see that I'm helping or are you just gonna go with the typical "Staff evil" mindset

Is it more typical than the GM refrain "we can't allow this kind of player conflict, but we could make a gated system to allow you to do it within 30 business days of a properly filed application?"

Of course I read your post. It was three paragraphs long. It also suggests creating an entirely new application for just about the most ridiculous thing imaginable - lighting something on fire in RP - which would require scores of hours writing applications, reading, reviewing them, all for something that could be done in three emotes of RP and a couple right clicks with a flint & steel

Whatever idea @Caelria pitches, please do it.

7 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

Is it more typical than the GM refrain "we can't allow this kind of player conflict, but we could make a gated system to allow you to do it within 30 business days of a properly filed application?"

Of course I read your post. It was three paragraphs long. It also suggests creating an entirely new application for just about the most ridiculous thing imaginable - lighting something on fire in RP - which would require hours of time writing applications, reading, reviewing them, all for something that could be done in three emotes of RP 

Nah, it's not an "entirely new" anything. It's an already existent heist app.

I think we need some clarification here. I'm one mod. It's very hard to get things done as one mod who says "let's open the door to let players do absolutely anything they want with no restrictions" Rule changes go by moderation, then every single admin needs to agree to get it implemented.

I was handed a suggested rule change and modified it within reason to suit their demand and to make it something that might be accepted.

Please consult the list of Player Enjoyment and Nice Interactions Syndicate approved postings.

21 minutes ago, Disheartened said:

Nah, it's not an "entirely new" anything. It's an already existant heist app.

I think we need some clarification here. I'm one mod. It's very hard to get things done as one mod who says "let's open the door to let players do absolutely anything they want with no restrictions" Rule changes go by moderation, then every single admin needs to agree to get it implemented.

I was handed a suggested rule change and modified it within reason to suit their demand and to make it something that might be accepted.

I love that this minecraft roleplay server works exactly like the Democratic Party. Unilaterally popular common sense proposals are completely untenable because they would have to go through House + Senate approval, but billions of dollars in funding for Israel (Oren) get approved without resistance.

"let's open the door to let players do absolutely anything they want with no restrictions" is also a based way to run a minecraft server, barring openly objectionable things like ERP and out-of-character misbehavior. Role-play one of the very few mediums where players really are limited only by their imagination, which is what makes Lord of the Craft so frustrating.

Anyways, best of luck with your project! It seems like you're a real hard worker, which is cool because this is a Minecraft server that a couple hundred people play for fun. But based on what I know about this server you will never be compensated or recognized for any of it. Don't take it like I'm trying to come at you for your initiative, and I hope you find something constructive to work on that also won't change anything fundamentally about the server is run. 

16 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

~monkeypoacher things~

Genuinely happy seeing staff dare to make consequential change and I hope more follow in her footsteps. I see your critique but I think it's not targeted at her—or this. I know we're all to blame up here in leadership, but that's not my point. Best of luck indeed

1 minute ago, Telanir said:

Genuinely happy seeing staff dare to make consequential change and I hope more follow in her footsteps. I see your critique but I think it's not targeted at her—or this. I know we're all to blame up here in leadership, but that's not the point. Best of luck indeed

Once you've gotten to the point where the niche video game hobby you do in your spare time needs "consequential change" you have lost all hope. The single most consequential change you could make do would require no effort whatsoever. If you want to see radical, meaningful change on the state of the server can I suggest you just return to being a technical administrator?

54 minutes ago, Disheartened said:

As someone who builds a fair bit for the server, people who get angry at their builds being destroyed shouldn't build for LOTC. The concept of every build being perfect, impeccable, unmodifiable things sculpted during 100 hours of creative prebuilding is a recent phenomenon. I personally think it's better to have a world that can be impacted by players than a world that can't be modified because it just "looks too good to destroy" or whatever. I build stuff for my community and when it gets destroyed I just move onto the next thing, and I think that's a healthy mentality for builders on LOTC to have.

With this in mind we should view the problem not as "how can we modify the concept of roleplay destruction to fit regions, PRO systems, and build complications", but rather "how can we modify regions, PRO systems, and build complications to fit the reality of dynamic roleplay and destruction".

1 minute ago, monkeypoacher said:

Once you've gotten to the point where the niche video game hobby you do in your spare time needs "consequential change" you have lost all hope. The single most consequential change you could make do would require no effort whatsoever. If you want to see radical, meaningful change on the state of the server can I suggest you just return to being a technical administrator?

I'm not so sure tags have the power you imply. I can brand myself whatever you like, "technical administrator" and all, or "potato planter" (fitting for farmer billy)

Inconsequential change for example, would be adding a new rule or paperwork lol