Player Suggestion Collaboration Project

Disheartened

1 minute ago, Telanir said:

I'm not so sure tags have the power you imply. I can brand myself whatever you like, "technical administrator" and all, or "potato planter" (fitting for farmer billy)

Inconsequential change for example, would be adding a new rule or paperwork lol

Sorry, still laboring under the delusion that you are the head administrator, chairman, or whatever. In that case, why not promote someone who's already on the team to Lead Administrator, and give them a tiebreaking vote? Treshure quit unfortunately, but I'm sure someone with the ability to break the perpetual admin deadlock would work wonders for the server in the consequential change department. 

9 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

Sorry, still laboring under the delusion that you are the head administrator, chairman, or whatever. In that case, why not promote someone who's already on the team to Lead Administrator, and give them a tiebreaking vote? Treshure quit unfortunately, but I'm sure someone with the ability to break the perpetual admin deadlock would work wonders for the server in the consequential change department. 

Administration doesn't work under leads and hasn't for a very long time, literally nothing that is 'part' of this somehow admin deadlock that's passed around idly. Hilariously, Telanir is probably one of the few people who do not deserve the constant barraging and scapegoating, what has he done? Dude sounds like a robot sometimes and that's his fatal flaw

23 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

Unfortunately for us he's busy surfing up those beaches (lucky bastard) though were it a contest for popularity he'd certainly have long been it

That said…I've never actually been lead admin, people just sort of assumed I was (worst was chairman era since the unfortunate name made it look like i was ascending rather than stepping back)

Our main problem is not getting things done or not…we don't have admin deadlocks, in the last six years we've had barely a fistful of admin level changes we couldn't agree on. It's just that the things that admin predecessors do seem to pull in various directions and often "the next admin" cancels out the work of the last. Not to get anyone's hopes up but we did agree recently on a direction, i.e. a mission statement, and I hope we can give it life

Sorry to derail this thread Disheartened!

5 minutes ago, Telanir said:

Our main problem is not getting things done or not

Out of morbid curiosity, what would you say the main problem is?

9 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Out of morbid curiosity, what would you say the main problem is?

we (as in, the staff) get an unfortunate amount of busywork done all the time, that question probably will need a whole thread of my own though …

Just now, Telanir said:

we get an unfortunate amount of busywork done all the time, that question probably will need a whole thread of my own though …

transperancy goes a long way!

First off, it seems like you're an excellent moderator. Love to see this kind of stuff. I'm an old Aegis player just returning and many of the ideas I personally have for the server relate to that experience. 

I really miss a free play area. I made a post about here: 

I also see a restless and displeased community at times. This may just be my assumption from just not being around for too long but it really seems like a lot of players want more interaction with the main story. Back in Aegis, I can remember a huge battle across a plane of ice where free build we enabled so through the course of the back people built structures to meet their ultimate goal. We had the Wandering Wizard who would just randomly show up and provide roleplay. It felt like you were part of the story. Again, I haven't been around much so the Event Team could already be doing things like this. 

This can't be fixed now but I can't overstate how great of a roleplay promoter the King's Road was in Aegis. It was one road which housed the various branches towards settlements of the descendants and one could easily reach their home or that of another quickly. It may sound simplistic but this is a video game RP world which needs to house many races who find greate enjoyment through interacting with one another. Not to mention, this closeness almost forces the playerbase to act as a community thus bringing us closer... hopefully. Even a nice circle road would be sufficient. 

I love LoTC and honestly hope I can find more time to be a part of this community because I really want the best for it so always thinking of ways to make this server engaging. Would love to talk!

Sorry I already made my cool suggestions to Tech Team.. I just hope they don't make it a vip perk for Bedrock n shit cause they already get enough cool perks! Make it at least diamond vip that way it encourages more gold vip people to upgrade to the next rank, and because I'd like to be able to use my idea if it's ever implemented.. the higher vip ranks already get enough cool perks.

When you're sitting at gold vip and see a really cool perk just sitting there.. one more rank away.. just fifty more bucks.. it's more likely that more players will spend the $50 to upgrade to diamond than the number of players willing to jump up two vip ranks.

I believe if the staff team were more transparent, they could deal with the most obvious reason for staff hate. I also believe this is not something that you can do on your own but just working with transparency would change a lot from the player's perspective. Even though you can't change the server policy about how the staff handles issues, you can at least be more transparent on your own and I believe that would help the players.

Another thing is an easily accessible warning-ban sheet for players. It would be better if we could get to see our warning sheets without asking an available mod. If I am not mistaken, every player has a sheet so why not share them so we can check and contact mods when we don't understand or know when or why we got hit with a warning.

12 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

I love that this minecraft roleplay server works exactly like the Democratic Party. Unilaterally popular common sense proposals are completely untenable because they would have to go through House + Senate approval, but billions of dollars in funding for Israel (Oren) get approved without resistance.

"let's open the door to let players do absolutely anything they want with no restrictions" is also a based way to run a minecraft server, barring openly objectionable things like ERP and out-of-character misbehavior. Role-play one of the very few mediums where players really are limited only by their imagination, which is what makes Lord of the Craft so frustrating.

Anyways, best of luck with your project! It seems like you're a real hard worker, which is cool because this is a Minecraft server that a couple hundred people play for fun. But based on what I know about this server you will never be compensated or recognized for any of it. Don't take it like I'm trying to come at you for your initiative, and I hope you find something constructive to work on that also won't change anything fundamentally about the server is run. 

Wow dude, you're a piece of work. This person is trying to make something they love better by listening to its playerbase and you're trying to bring them down. I see you trying it in each post and it just tells me the kind of person you are. You're the guy comparing a minecraft server to a political party. I don't know what "right" you think you have as a player on this server but of cause there is gonna be a heirarchy each decision needs to go through. Check yourself dude. You rude as hell.

1 hour ago, Arcean said:

I believe if the staff team were more transparent, they could deal with the most obvious reason for staff hate. I also believe this is not something that you can do on your own but just working with transparency would change a lot from the player's perspective. Even though you can't change the server policy about how the staff handles issues, you can at least be more transparent on your own and I believe that would help the players.

Another thing is an easily accessible warning-ban sheet for players. It would be better if we could get to see our warning sheets without asking an available mod. If I am not mistaken, every player has a sheet so why not share them so we can check and contact mods when we don't understand or know when or why we got hit with a warning.

Not every player has a sheet - every player is in a mega doc where we program it to bring up a history log when we type your UUID. I always share that info with players if they ask but I can understand the push for the information to be available. 

20 minutes ago, Nathaniel Calding said:

From my point of view, the only thing that's an issue right now is that there's no common enemy for the whole server

Like if there was a 'front line' of sorts against the Inferi, or Azdrazi, or whatever, that would provide some real nice RP, while engaging the server and actually giving Almaris a direction

You've clearly misunderstood the thread.

"Something in the scope of Moderation." I do not see why you are suggesting a collaborative project with the moderation-team on story-team matters. The moderation-team does not construct narratives, and it is neither the purpose of the story-team to provide a big main antagonist (unless if joel wants to go crazy ig). 

6 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Administration doesn't work under leads and hasn't for a very long time, literally nothing that is 'part' of this somehow admin deadlock that's passed around idly. Hilariously, Telanir is probably one of the few people who do not deserve the constant barraging and scapegoating, what has he done? Dude sounds like a robot sometimes and that's his fatal flaw

For a start - he stonewalled one of the largest wars on LotC ever once it became obvious the "wrong" side would win, and then set in motion a sequence that allowed a literal predator to gain complete and undisputed control over the largest nation on LotC

2 hours ago, LithiumSedai said:

For a start - he stonewalled one of the largest wars on LotC ever once it became obvious the "wrong" side would win, and then set in motion a sequence that allowed a literal predator to gain complete and undisputed control over the largest nation on LotC

You're mixing me up with the mod admin at the time Lithium, I've never cared which side wins (though a few other admins at the time were positively electrified watching it all happen). As for the second part…no. I don't influence/control NL's, this sounds one of those 2019 hare-brained conspiracies

10 minutes ago, Telanir said:

You're mixing me up with the mod admin at the time Lithium, I've never cared which side wins (though a few other admins at the time were positively electrified watching it all happen). As for the second part…no. I don't influence/control NL's, this sounds one of those 2019 hare-brained conspiracies

You were the one who explicitly denied conquest to Renatus after it had won a conquest warclaim in defense, and approved of the war rules being changed mid-war, forcing Renatus to go on a lengthy counter-attack of three field battles and a siege despite its own capital having been insta-sieged in the aforementioned warclaim. The treaty that resulted from this war was meant to be staff-enforced and unbreakable as a safeguard for Renatus from its target simply rebelling again because they weren't allowed to be conquered; said treaty was inexplicably lifted by you so the vassal in question could - you guessed it - rebel under the leadership of this predator against the Renatian successor state. He succeeded seizing PRO of it eventually. You know what I'm talking about - it's been brought up to your attention countless times since 2019.