Player Suggestion Collaboration Project

Disheartened

18 minutes ago, Telanir said:

You're mixing me up with the mod admin at the time Lithium, I've never cared which side wins (though a few other admins at the time were positively electrified watching it all happen). As for the second part…no. I don't influence/control NL's, this sounds one of those 2019 hare-brained conspiracies

You absolutely did have a part in the debacle that came at the end of the War of 2 Emperors. What Lithium is talking about is how you enforced a treaty that would be OOCly backed, instead of giving us the conquest we were owed, and then promptly forgot all about that and let the other side of the war of 2 emperors go and coup stuff up.

30 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

You were the one who explicitly denied conquest to Renatus after it had won a conquest warclaim in defense, and approved of the war rules being changed mid-war, forcing Renatus to go on a lengthy counter-attack of three field battles and a siege despite its own capital having been insta-sieged in the aforementioned warclaim. The treaty that resulted from this war was meant to be staff-enforced and unbreakable as a safeguard for Renatus from its target simply rebelling again because they weren't allowed to be conquered; said treaty was inexplicably lifted so the vassal in question could - you guessed it - rebel under the leadership of this predator against the Renatian successor state. He succeeded seizing PRO of it eventually. You know what I'm talking about - it's been brought up to your attention countless times since 2019.

Yeah I recall moderation admin went behind our back at some point and allowed one side to perform conquest—something which was not allowed in the rules at the time. I hope we can remove as much admin/mod involvement in rp affairs as we can, those days were awful. The toxicity in that war got to such a bad degree that staff were ready to end the war at any and all costs and people were begging me to help and stop it—I did what I thought was necessary but I don't think I had proper foresight at the time

As for the RP situation…I vaguely recall a rebellion? But…I'm pretty sure my hands were full with the entire tech team quitting and three admins who were sick of being attacked and quit. Since oct. 2019 I made a fairly radical change to the way we handle predatory behavior and have been able to ban quickly and permanently almost every single case that was brought to us. It really isn't a 'fair' process anymore but the consequences of missing a predator far outweighs one or two wrongful bans

How come BOTH of my posts were removed? I don't recall being vocally critical of a key member of the administration being against the rules.

>inb4 b-b-but you're being inflammatory

Now this is what I like to see

@DisheartenedI appreciate you putting in the effort of hearing the community out. Though personally I think in depth conflict is lacking on the server and results in people feeling there is nothing happening on the server. I'd like to see good war rules come out, where you can war nations and not have big mod involvement, I'd like wars to have different options and avenues players can do to win a conflict, Warclaims, Warzones, the ability to blockade certain roads to a nation, burn their food fields therefore lowing the saturation of food you get from that nation, ability to do a siege from the sea etc. I want the ability to bandit without having to start a raid back, I want bandits to be able to make roleplay fun and not have to sit on a road and hope they can copy-paste their emotes fast enough to halt a person. Perhaps adding bandit forts that bandits have to stem from that nations can raid at any time. I'd also like to see raids to come back fully, and for groups to have options when they raid, 10 man raids = Minimal CD, 15 man raids = Medium CD, 20-30 man raids = Max CD (Week). Allow raids to bring more RP to the table, maybe have different type of raids, a pillage raid where raiders can pillage some  buildings and burn crops. Or a mina raid where you can steal from shops/chests but only have a chance to be successful. Lastly I'd like to see the server try out something new. People not needing RO permission to do minor or even medium damage to a city, it would bring in dynamic RP and offer a more important role to guards as well.

To end it all off I'd like to say I want conflict back as the server has been without conflict or genuine war, for too long. And I'd like it fully brought back with the ability to craft cool narratives and RP and not just be Raids nation > Kills people > Raid ends > CD is put down > People go about their day. I think genuine and cool RP could come on conflict. 

Edited by Elite_Snipes_

1 hour ago, Elite_Snipes_ said:

@DisheartenedI appreciate you putting in the effort of hearing the community out. Though personally I think in depth conflict is lacking on the server and results in people feeling there is nothing happening on the server. I'd like to see good war rules come out, where you can war nations and not have big mod involvement, I'd like wars to have different options and avenues players can do to win a conflict, Warclaims, Warzones, the ability to blockade certain roads to a nation, burn their food fields therefore lowing the saturation of food you get from that nation, ability to do a siege from the sea etc. I want the ability to bandit without having to start a raid back, I want bandits to be able to make roleplay fun and not have to sit on a road and hope they can copy-paste their emotes fast enough to halt a person. Perhaps adding bandit forts that bandits have to stem from that nations can raid at any time. I'd also like to see raids to come back fully, and for groups to have options when they raid, 10 man raids = Minimal CD, 15 man raids = Medium CD, 20-30 man raids = Max CD (Week). Allow raids to bring more RP to the table, maybe have different type of raids, a pillage raid where raiders can pillage some  buildings and burn crops. Or a mina raid where you can steal from shops/chests but only have a chance to be successful. Lastly I'd like to see the server try out something new. People not needing RO permission to do minor or even medium damage to a city, it would bring in dynamic RP and offer a more important role to guards as well.

To end it all off I'd like to say I want conflict back as the server has been without conflict or genuine war, for too long. And I'd like it fully brought back with the ability to craft cool narratives and RP and not just be Raids nation > Kills people > Raid ends > CD is put down > People go about their day. I think genuine and cool RP could come on conflict. 

Good conflict will never come from a server with four hubs to selectively avoid bandits at and large safe zones to help you selectively walk around them. Almaris map design is garbage

9 hours ago, Werew0lf said:

You've clearly misunderstood the thread.

"Something in the scope of Moderation." I do not see why you are suggesting a collaborative project with the moderation-team on story-team matters. The moderation-team does not construct narratives, and it is neither the purpose of the story-team to provide a big main antagonist (unless if joel wants to go crazy ig). 

don't summon joel

On another note it would be nice if we could appeal forum warning points, I know that on one incident, I was punished according to rules that weren't even live yet. Some forum warning points have been on accident, and I always go and fix the issue, but it would be nice to be able to revoke that warning point for cooperating on something that may have been an honest mistake. Clicking my profile to immediately see my warning points is rather quite depressing some days, especially when a couple of them have been honest mistakes, or shouldn't be there.

I would like to see some more effort put into player retention. A new player was asking in the wandering soul chat about how to create a new soul, with four other community team members online. He recieved no response, unless it was done through /msg, which I cannot see. If this is the case, disregard my concern here.
2021-11-17_14_04_37.png.4d468300909830cfa96013c7fc498b57.png2021-11-17_14_04_43.thumb.png.d06e51b093d9d55e04fe49097070ac91.png
Note also the fact Savoy is still called Sutica. I checked, it warps you to Savoy. This should be corrected to be more accurate to the current state of the server.

You could try using Disboard to try and reach out to more potential players, as well as updating our vote links to accurately represent what map we are on, and maybe provide more detail about what LOTC is and what you can actually do. For example, there is advertising about being a mage. And while, yes, you can be a mage, it is a difficult process and shouldn't be advertised like it's something you can simply start off with. This is bad faith advertising.

The promotional trailer linked in the minecraft vote-links are related to Atlas, and should be corrected to fit Almaris. Why advertise a 4 year old map that is no longer in use? In addition, the imgur link to various screenshots is also outdated: https://imgur.com/a/ua6Jv

Fresh blood and new ideas are what make the wheels turn forward,  so player retention should be prioritized over all other things. Staff run initiatives should be improved upon and/or expanded, as well as the efforts of nations. Nations are the main conduit of roleplay, and as such should feel obligated and responsible for this undertaking as well.

As a related topic, I believe that making the vast lore LOTC more user-friendly and readable for new players is a good idea. An idea I thought of was having nations give historical summaries of their histories, brushing over maybe 2-3 major events per map which affected their kingdom, and forming it into a timeline. This could provide a good first step into the pool of lore we have accumulated over the years.  General lore management would be nice as well. 

@Caelria is smart btw, you should listen to them!

Edited by TryaxReck

8 hours ago, Telanir said:

Yeah I recall moderation admin went behind our back at some point and allowed one side to perform conquest—something which was not allowed in the rules at the time. I hope we can remove as much admin/mod involvement in rp affairs as we can, those days were awful. The toxicity in that war got to such a bad degree that staff were ready to end the war at any and all costs and people were begging me to help and stop it—I did what I thought was necessary but I don't think I had proper foresight at the time

As for the RP situation…I vaguely recall a rebellion? But…I'm pretty sure my hands were full with the entire tech team quitting and three admins who were sick of being attacked and quit. Since oct. 2019 I made a fairly radical change to the way we handle predatory behavior and have been able to ban quickly and permanently almost every single case that was brought to us. It really isn't a 'fair' process anymore but the consequences of missing a predator far outweighs one or two wrongful bans

no **** off

i was involved in that war, on the orenian-haeseni side, and there was no need for any admin cockblocking

was there toxicity? yes ofc, as there is in any conflict where there are high stakes. was it exceptional or serious? no. i maintained friendships and continued chatting to ppl on both sides all throughout the war, and the only real OOC hostility was between people who went looking for it. other than that, it was an exciting and interesting war, that was changing the shape of arcas and the server, and i was excited by it even as it developed to my detriment.

yet you had to jump in at the very end to cockblock any real change because... uh... something about dwarves? it was like you'd never played on the server ever before. which, tbf, wouldn't be too far off because i dont think you actually have since early anthos. and yet still you have to stick your oar in to prevent dynamic and interesting roleplay.

28 minutes ago, argonian said:

no **** off

i was involved in that war, on the orenian-haeseni side, and there was no need for any admin cockblocking

was there toxicity? yes ofc, as there is in any conflict where there are high stakes. was it exceptional or serious? no. i maintained friendships and continued chatting to ppl on both sides all throughout the war, and the only real OOC hostility was between people who went looking for it. other than that, it was an exciting and interesting war, that was changing the shape of arcas and the server, and i was excited by it even as it developed to my detriment.

yet you had to jump in at the very end to cockblock any real change because... uh... something about dwarves? it was like you'd never played on the server ever before. which, tbf, wouldn't be too far off because i dont think you actually have since early anthos. and yet still you have to stick your oar in to prevent dynamic and interesting roleplay.

everyone was involved. of course you were too

But…there was virtually nothing that could've been about dwarves…i'm genuinely confused what that's being conflated with…that said, my understanding of player conflict has evolved in the sense that just because I see staff running around with their pants on fire—it doesn't mean there isn't a silent majority of players simply enjoying their time

If I hadn't been pressed into making an announcement at the time I wouldn't have touched it with a 10ft pole. But these days, player dynamic is a priority of mine and I hope we will have more of it as we slowly shed 10 years of bureaucracy

5 minutes ago, Telanir said:

everyone was involved. of course you were too

But…there was virtually nothing that could've been about dwarves…i'm genuinely confused what that's being conflated with…that said, my understanding of player conflict has evolved in the sense that just because I see staff running around with their pants on fire—it doesn't mean there isn't a silent majority of players simply enjoying their time

If I hadn't been pressed into making an announcement at the time I wouldn't have touched it with a 10ft pole. But these days, player dynamic is a priority of mine and I hope we will have more of it as we slowly shed 10 years of bureaucracy

Your memory's kinda shit then, because you explicitly cited the fact that Dwarven activity "had never recovered" after the whoevers killed the Frostbeards or whatever, can't remember what happened exactly. But as you'd know, if you actually paid attention to the server, that war was a high point for Dwarven activity and they'd been otherwise dead for years, so a drop in activity after the war was normal and expected, but you shit your pants over it and banned consequential war because "it ruins activity!!!" despite the fact that we'd had dozens of far more important wars which did not.

And obviously, you'd know all this if your attention to the server extended beyond brief periods where you wish to batter us for apparently ruining your CV, but alas, it doesn't.

Telanir, since we've been talking here, how does your team expect the server to run properly with no leadership? If you've come out openly and stated there is no head to the administration, how does it work? By committee? Veterancy? Who can talk the loudest?

How is this server expected to take decisive action on anything if the administration doesn't even know who they're working for beyond a vague idea of server wellness? Who is the administration beholden to when they do things that are unhealthy for the server? Who investigates administrator behavior and ensures they're maintaining a standard of excellence and activity as would befit someone in a leadership position of hundreds if not thousands of people? Who decides what an administrator should be doing to make the server better? Who decides whether an administrator is working on the right things or wasting their effort in areas that don't need attention? Who ensures teams work together? Who ensures that everyone is being transparent with one another? Are you trying to say that it's just a group of friends who police themselves?

26 minutes ago, Caelria said:

Telanir, since we've been talking here, how does your team expect the server to run properly with no leadership? If you've come out openly and stated there is no head to the administration, how does it work? By committee? Veterancy? Who can talk the loudest?

How is this server expected to take decisive action on anything if the administration doesn't even know who they're working for beyond a vague idea of server wellness? Who is the administration beholden to when they do things that are unhealthy for the server? Who investigates administrator behavior and ensures they're maintaining a standard of excellence and activity as would befit someone in a leadership position of hundreds if not thousands of people? Who decides what an administrator should be doing to make the server better? Who decides whether an administrator is working on the right things or wasting their effort in areas that don't need attention? Who ensures teams work together? Who ensures that everyone is being transparent with one another? Are you trying to say that it's just a group of friends who police themselves?

I don't think they do really anything to keep other admins "in check" when they violate their own policy or the ToS, unless it's extremely immediate they be removed for it being public information. I've submitted emails before about a now-removed Administrator with evidence and requests for investigation, and they were never answered despite assurance they would be.

1 hour ago, TryaxReck said:

Note also the fact Savoy is still called Sutica. I checked, it warps you to Savoy. This should be corrected to be more accurate to the current state of the server.

Aah yes, that reminds me.

Update Dynamap.

just make me a Mod and i'll come back, that is my suggestion!