[World Team] BD's Immersion Project

BDanecker

BD's Personal WT Project

IyyzdLUkmnOi4iy9NrcryeHrOJZHlC-TbI-LNl4-stlErpMVtwuFRyxISVamNTK9WdAavf3QNJDAblOczltScAmLF-3plShoVo4q3Z8GYpR_QUEgutOCHHCCyARY-ORIfQ9Fy_KF

Hello bozos,

Today I have an announcement as my drive as a new World Team member! This project will be the Immersion Project. What this project entails is filling our large world with things that will increase immersion in the avenue that World Team is able to pursue. The two primary means of this is through Region Greetings, Greeting Titles and Map Art. Greeting Titles are the large text strings that appear when you enter most nations. Region Greetings are a set of sentences that appear in your chatbox, such as the one you may see entering the Voidal Hollow. Lastly, Map Art are minecraft maps charted based on image files that we are able to place into lotc. From my short tenure so far as World Team, I have had a blast creating these so far, and so many people do not know that they are an option. Because of this, I offer my writing skills and my WT abilities to putting region greetings, titles, or map art wherever needed! 

Map art: 100 minas! 

Maximum Map Art size: 3x3

Examples of Region Greetings I have made so far

vq8hEzYjJuVg8tdZwaMa2UoNXBWD28_u9O3iY-L5jHXnNj2PGmRc-29YOjrVKNw4Bzmb1U7c2ZEFiChpfJzNhLEsv0jVM5-SfL0fPoZBmA6ofiU1TD20rzNwmWZXaR9-GBXSmyXA

1VCPYJLgNhPt3MJuaOF8XGRoK4C7CUoHONE8eXyhvu6F--cvtZbV8dhTphLmtrc4DCcdYObzK8YxhJATSiNj5uD-ZfS8QXjySUYVR8tn5WqYNdPHvxxln0gJ1kWot3WPxKDjCXst

Examples of Map Art I have made

OmHaLmPth5nYkRwS2x2MAxfZmu0O3JY1JG8hdi-ZfgajvXBRx9F_Uz17TGiIqLbDfz24vEqkXkDqLG3auwkan1ynypvcncJLkayQcZnJTBoYKcuKdgvqH9PjG6iNPmUNPqiTA_1R

WNWn02Gf0Cj8_iNlsaY4xrEfM6T3fH6y_OYR9aixHfhegWNNb_66mTU0ejQK5_bIzZJ9cMTy9aChfRne8K0689cViLrhMgss-j71kBmnGGsTNPRSkxCCPr341mA3y7I7N4cDFkpE

Feel free to reach out in-game at BDanecker, make a /wreq or shoot me a message on discord at BDanecker#1120 if you'd like to brainstorm!

There is no magic in Lubba Keep

20 minutes ago, Lojo613 said:

This is awesome

No, this is there is no magic in Lubba keep

important thing for map art imo is to make sure the image isn't too bright or saturated, otherwise it's kind of redundant to try to use map art for the sake of immersion immersion when it doesn't match the vanilla atmosphere of MC. slight desaturation and lowering brightness does wonders to make pictures look more natural if it's being inserted into a different setting

Everything else is p pog tho

Make this map art
red-among-us-png.png

bet you don't have the courage

sad that map art is limited to 3x3, but to make it more immersive would be to add more things around the map and roads

I think removing landscars and evicting regions that were sposed to be evicted already would probably help with immersion
I flew through a region the other day that had a greeting of "This was supposed to be evicted months ago" or the sort

Awesome! More initiative to do stuff like this will be a step to make the world feel just a little more alive.