The Lost Squire

ScoutTheWitch

The Lost Squire

m25M2o2bQhLcMU7uRlDwWsnD9RcwxBvmHo0RWseJi6ES3rp0zlTGx2vrVIwxIin0XBG3kQrkU0XSTu6shKX23GoktsDeTUcXDjrzmTyY5mCvfZiPjW6D8r51zzriq7dXHS4-rZpQ

A young squire venturing alone into the tundra.

A dolorous young girl stared down at her gauntleted hands as she looked from the steps of her family’s keep. She needed something to distinguish herself, something to prove she was not just another hopeful noble child wishing to be a knight. If she was going to achieve her greatest hopes and dreams, she would need to prove her strength and bolster her own courage in the rimy tundra beyond the stretches of civilization. She did not do this to gain others approval, but for her own, to prove to herself that she had the gallantry to overcome the hurdles before her.

Emelya Eloise Kortrevich pushed herself off the steps, turning back and offering her mentor a nod before heading towards the doors, making her way through the halls of Jerovitz and up to her room. She gazed out the windows, one facing the Attenlund where she had braved nature in her Oath Hunt, the other facing the Rimeveld, the tundra which she would have to face for far longer. She tossed her tabard emblazoned with the colors of the Order of the Crow onto her bed, her chain hauberk and chausses following, finishing with her gambeson folded on top and boots by the edge of her bed.

She moved to her desk, drawing few pieces of paper and writing down some final words before her journey, one brief which she would leave on the dining room table of Jerovitz and the other more lengthy one of which she would leave on the table of Hallasburg, the seat of the Knightly Orders.

Finishing her notes, she turned, heading out of her room, out of Jerovitz, and to beyond, the frozen tundra which would be her proving ground.

Note at Jerovitz

Spoiler

I will be gone for some time, do not worry, I am safe.

- Emelya

Note at Hallasberg

Spoiler

While I am to partake in the Trials to graduate from a Squire to a Dame soon, I have taken it upon myself to engage in a series of Trials of my own. Do not worry, for I shall be safe and checked on by the alchemist Osric Tsecsar in my sabbatical. This journey alone shall not take more than a year, I hope to be back halfway through it. I must prove to myself that I am more than just another Squire, but one worthy of the title of Dame, one who would do whatever it takes to achieve her dreams. Dravi Knights and fellow Squires, I wish you luck in your endeavors in the time when I am gone.

Sincerely,

Emelya Eloise Kortrevich

Squire Under Dame Lynette

Edited by jaymock7

Somewhere, Franz smiled with pride. He did not know why.

Nikolai Mikhail Kortrevich would walk into Jerovitz, the note catching his eye. Godani, he hoped it was a letter from Vladrik explaining he was running away.. or perhaps a note from his mother telling her she loved one of them.. Nope! Nikolai stared at the letter and laughed 

"Haha this is fine!" Everything was not fine 

The squire and to-be-duchess Marie Ludovar glances down at the note that had been merely illuminated by one of the few candles that sat atop the Knight's Table.

She sighed, scratching at her cheek as she ruminated on its contents, and wished she had stopped people from comparing herself to the younger squire.

“Dravi, fruend.” Addressed August Barclay as he learned of the situation, thereafter quickly returning to his duties as a page.

Dame Lynette Mendez steps reverently into the room of Hallasburg where the Knight's Table sits. She dips her head respectfully to the table, always in humility.

The Dame pauses when she spies a note placed close to her Knight Martial seat of the table and she steps forwards to read it.

She blinks in surprise as the message conveyed, then taking a deep breath and grimacing. She murmurs very quietly to herself, "Emelya... I never underestimated you." She clutches the crinkled piece of paper close to her breastplate for the moment. "No one thought worse of you, Squire." Speaks the Martial sagely, then bowing her head in respect to her Squire's bravery.

She says nothing more on the matter for now, placing the note back down onto the table for anyone else who wishes to see it. However she hopes and prays that night to Godan that her squire returns home safely..

Edited by CopOwl

After a simple day of befriending others and practicing her ladylike skills- The beautiful Vasilia returned home to Jerovitz- excited to speak to her sister about some ideas for their flyers. Instead the poor Lady found the note, her brows knitting slowly. She felt her body sieze up, shaking her head. 

"N-nie! P-papej went off too and he died! N-nie! Mea sestra please.." 

The poor Kortrevich wailed, fearing that she would have to grieve once more- she was terrified for her favorite sibling could end up with the same fate that their Father found.

Dead.