The Inglorious Bastard

CanadaMatt

The Inglorious Bastard

CONqF4BEfbRPIDjUfuHBNsmplll2KcPIGe6VhYrzIAQurrvmEZZNk4W6rZdmYmvbe8le0Eyt3Lq45Nzn2Z3ud0aC79SmOstq8k0hl0YuxWNni8FwUImuJ5UetqkzWJ2q12Hb2skC

hPzqKjJ9ItYzR5DJY4WqPhZSnhEMuhm-wcYX8V14QZ-JAo-N-SWVBzk9-qmsPmhFDHyfRBKTI3sVCkvusNNQCvuLvV-lYNLxbFHdvWUqBbj51mZJ-FD3ZRE0hcPucND5rFXexvpA

A man and his wolfdog in the deep woods of the north.

CONqF4BEfbRPIDjUfuHBNsmplll2KcPIGe6VhYrzIAQurrvmEZZNk4W6rZdmYmvbe8le0Eyt3Lq45Nzn2Z3ud0aC79SmOstq8k0hl0YuxWNni8FwUImuJ5UetqkzWJ2q12Hb2skC

In the northern woods just north of Karosgrad far from which he called home the man would walk the frozen grounds of the woods as the echoes from the natural surroundings fill the area with the ambience of wind and the crunch of snow as he stepped along with the wolf by his side on what will be a long a weary journey.  He would often think to himself as he wandered further into the abyss of the deep northern woods of what would come of this and why in god's name is he doing this, after all, he could be sitting in the tavern getting drunk off whisky but for not sadly he walks a path of rehabilitation and adventure for who knows what cause.  

Aleksi de Khlovko would continue along the snowy terrain which filled the forest for what felt like forever, sometimes thinking to himself if he was going in circles until he stumbled upon what seems to be a frozen pond which sat beneath a rocky path tainted in snow and ice. He would gaze upon what could be a shelter just a few meters away… A cave, and thus he would whistle for his dog to follow as sounds of the wildlife begun to fill the air in the dark snowy night.

And as Aleksi and his wolfdog got situated in the cave Aleksi would use what he gathered along his journey praying the sticks and bark dried as he began to build and light a fire with the torch of which he had traveled with. 

And as the night drew darker and aleksi more tired he would gather some berrys of which were natural of the woods, crushing it to form some kind of writing material so he could write a letter with some rolled up bark and stick to his family.  

Note to the Gendik-Komnenos

Spoiler

It's your favourite kid and sibling writing to you, and yes I know how rare that is, but I am safe just traveling in some god forsaken woods with my dog no need to worry, though I doubt you ever do… well most of you.

• Aleksi

•  

Edited by CanadaMatt

"Charles, get that out of your mouth please!" The woman cried out across the room to the 4-year-old who continually insisted on putting the crayons inside of his mouth. The bird landed on the family lounge's window sill and prompted for Primrose Gendik to take the letter from it. She read the contents before slightly frowning. 

Collecting a fountain pen and parchment paper, Prim would write a response. Tucking it into a light glass tube, she would send the letter back with the bird to deliver to Aleksi

Upon Aleksi receiving the bird, the letter would read:

"My dear son, Aleksi,

I received your bird. Interesting use of paper and ink. I wish you safe travels in the woods. I will have a winter care package of scarves and hats, tea, and warm meal ready for you upon your return. 

Aleksi, my son, you may think I don't worry about you, but there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about you. It was hard letting you be free, but I know now that you are a strong young man. I don't need to worry about you because I know you will persevere despite all odds. Just don't be gone too long, then I will worry...

Love,

Mom"