Map of Almaris

Ryloth

Spoiler

EDIT: Dynamap was finally updated after this post and the requests in status updates! Thank you Admins.

THE MAP OF ALMARIS

VM276.png

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE

PLAYER ENJOYMENT & NICE

INTERACTIONS SYNDICATE

Almaris ... such a lovely world to roleplay in. So much land to conquer, so much land to destroy. So much land to caretake, and so much land to corrupt. Here in Almaris, the world at your fingertips is yours to shape into your heart's desires -- so long you perform the roleplay. Except ... it isn't.

You come home from school, eager for the nice, savory moment you can sink your fingers into your keyboard on your first day of Thanksgiving break. You even pre-ordered some Dominos original hot wings, and you've a glass of cold Cola by the monitor. It's gamer time. Nothing can stop you now. You boot up Minecraft Java Edition, and your poor little Google Chromebook beaten to cinders running this game the past five years coughs out a cloud of dust as the one remaining cooling fan weakly spins to life. Your laptop's processor begins to enter its safety shutdown range as the empty yet titanic Cloud Temple generates at a snail's pace around you, but unlucky for your computer, you disabled the safety ranges in the BIOS because you just ordered a new $20 cooling pad from Walmart.

GrX2qed8tjTal4EVH6_2jxF58_GOjFP6miYU1LF06DqGXd6gr8pvIi7tY5IPfjR_QbdGjrG4JErOEctQs8WJWq3wGZ6iGvRND3ivJ5J3T0HsjoDvDmqgSYXI-r-qMn4qu6BO3rhTYou click the first warp sign: East Hub. The new Voidal Hallow got pasted, and you're so damn hungry to explore it. So hungry, you almost knock the Dominos delivery man out when you hand him the tip of a few pennies. You probably shouldn't have bought Dominos after all -- you're broke after buying Ender VIP for your favorite Minecraft roleplaying server. Sliding back into your chair, your computer is practically glowing and spitting embers of melted metal because your processor erupted through the keyboard in a spray of melted plastic. Why? Well, the new Voidal Hallow had so many particle effects spinning in the air, your laptop lacking a GPU couldn't handle the processing load. Your computer broke.

What a catastrophe.

OYEBWGzaE3eMhznSfGcik3DhZCnE4xtxOlRo0hHQC91i1Rfcx4MWkpLsvIuLtPMU3HUqQ4MWDAKk591f_IKR4uMOw5dYBcRz8h5YmoNFHJrsdg1t_KXORpKETaXVZ8CYW-gleybD

If only there was a Dynamap to save you from that desire to just glimpse a new location. Well, there is -- it's on the top of the website right here! Just scroll up! It's just out-dated, so far so that Yong Ping's new build isn't represented, Haelun'or's Voidal Hallow isn't there, old Ando Alur is still there, Sutica is still there, Savoy isn't there, Rozania isn't there, and neither is Elysium. In fact, it's so old that Old Elysium is still there.

Well, have I got a gift for you. Behold: the most current map of Almaris.

• If it's hard to read this map, it's because the image of the map I produced had to be 7k x 8k pixels to produce an image at all, and Imgur refused to take the image file because it was so gosh-darned big -- so I had to compress it to a very pixelated JPEG. That's probably a sign that Almaris is way too large!
  • I've added a DropBox below it so you can actually zoom in. There's a few gaps in the map since I haven't walked every block of the world.

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/rrG6rCv

rrG6rCv.jpg

• Let the below link load fully before zooming. It's a large image file given the map size, so it may take a bit on slow connections or mobile data.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmr06g93zlo6ql1/2021-11-21_21.21.05_Lord~of~the~Craft_minecraft~overworld_topo.png?dl=0

Aah, yes, I'm sure you're wondering: what are all of the red pieces of text supposed to mean? Well, those are locations -- just about every little nation-related manor, fort, keep, village, town, city, and capital I could possibly locate in my travels, excluding lore-related lairs unless within a nation's boundaries. In addition, I have added an activity level beneath the location, which is based upon the average level of activity I have noticed from these locations over a week-long period. This information has been gathered completely by counting who's there when I visit. This is not to insult a nation's activity levels, but to help players both new and old looking for RP. Can't find it? You probably aren't visiting the right places.

• To meet high or extreme, you must have the number of players listed in your city every day for several hours, not for an individual event. The time these groups of players spend for hours at a time, and days at a time, matter a lot to the total I've given.

Here is the key range below:

0-2 NONE

3-5 LOW

6-12 MEDIUM

12-20 HIGH

21+ EXTREME (none met this)

If you would like a normal map of Almaris, this map is provided below, compatible with various map mods:

Spoiler

p.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1ko1tm0038e793/2021-11-21_21.13.12_Lord~of~the~Craft_minecraft~overworld_day.png?dl=0

How to add as a Journeymap Map:

1. Download the entire "day" folder from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gvzhcgle5zvnlub/AAASL08F1Q-0pJ23lBmJH_XOa?dl=0
  2. Log into LotC main server with the Journeymap mod installed.
  3. Press J to populate the map
  4. Click the "day" icon
  5. Log out
  6. Replace the "day" folder with the folder above in your .minecraft > journeymap > data > mp > Lord~of~the~Craft > overworld File Explorer pathway
  7. Log in & play

Recommended:

** I will not provide coordinate markers that I own as these would reveal nodes, bases, etc. Please don't ask.

Above all, I think none of these would be issues if we had a new, smaller map. Don't you?

** Note: The new voidal hollow is sick. It's just really crippling to computers that could otherwise view it with a nice, handy Dynamap!

Edited by Ryloth
EDIT: Dynamap was finally updated after this post and the requests in status updates! Thank you Admins.

Rest In Peace accurate Dynamap, time to go to the savage ages!

Edit : Finally it is updated!

Interesting to say the least I will admit

Just now, ScreamingDingo said:

didnt-ask-dont-care.gif

seems to be the response from every staff member that is capable of updating the dynamap. curious

Just now, SteppeNomad said:

Not bad for the nomad camps... considering well.... 🏇

nomad camps get surprising activity levels, and actually unironically beat many vassals

Staff will read this post, post a witty reply like they owned you, and go back to their failcopter. Soisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoi

GOSH the Player Enjoyment & Nice Interactions Syndicate makes good, true, and high effort posts. Just one banger after another. I wonder who could be the genius behind that project...

I wonder why all these small independent settlements get no activity though. Maybe if we brought back freebuild and built another hundred of them it'd solve the problem.

9 minutes ago, Caelria said:

Staff will read this post, post a witty reply like they owned you, and go back to their failcopter. Soisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoi

GOSH the Player Enjoyment & Interactions Syndicate makes good, true, and high effort posts. Just one banger after another. I wonder who could be the genius behind that project...

I’ve been inquiring how to join this syndicate, can you remind me?

hoping to see a few not cringe responses from people responsible for dealing with these issues

Applaud the effort that went into this, pretty neat.

4 hours ago, Ryloth said:

seems to be the response from every staff member that is capable of updating the dynamap. curious

3 hours ago, Malaise said:

hoping to see a few not cringe responses from people responsible for dealing with these issues

>implying

They may have fixed the Dynamap but have they fixed Second Elysium?

K2O3tDA.jpg

Thank you captain of the Player Enjoyment & Nice Interations Syndicate

Great effort! I for one have always thought that even though smaller maps create issues with not enough land being around for people to claim, it brings about a bigger issue of scarcity of roleplay. The map should probably correlate to the size of the current active playerbase, and if an expansion is needed - go for it.

It's great to see that community members are putting in a lot of work like this to try and back suggestions for the server c: