The Solidification of an Unwanted Union

An Announcement from the desk of His 

Royal Highness, the Duke of Alban.

Penned on the 20th of the Amber Cold, 400 E.S

e29QXq1ytdIOatC18BsmecV0howW6Y9Yoa5vdvfIfiSpUSraGlXYAfMOvhW0CLUZdmHA8ZP7p-ece6ejMTB0BA1NQF2o8MM9SkjQYtinAbOLSeci5SOc8Tn4KOF93Az_L3UjW07C

Du2sjuMFQ7Zbg395oJDv34Yma6oMg1zl5NvHrZ61i0wp5CghmOKZTL90bE61jewgIFt8H8wnsvtRt0nMHqhinwbZiL29lu4KwNJdcwp6FmRGOwuD0aWYy7b4S-UAISQAliBxWZxx

[!] Princess Henrietta Theresé pictured with 

her newly born son, Matyas Isaak.

C8j0TnUiVI0yuptOM1SUCtjg0mwq45PvSGnU7Vt_ICFQDG8GsHLzBQhC5rWuPc0jzVpGlrwVNRSBPnUSkjupCc7PSUJ0ysQC0DizI2Zenn5c8HxRynHOJNgg0FNyTXYxQgVEe95S

To the loyal citizens of Haenseti-Ruska, 

The newlywed couple of Prince Marus Aklesandr and his bride, Princess Henrietta Theresé are ecstatic to declare the delivery of their first child. The Princess's labour began in the early hours of the morning, with their baby, a healthy son, being born just as the sun started to set, and dusk befell Hanseti-Ruska. Their son, whom the royal couple have named 'Matyas Isaak' @FlemishSupremacy, is reported to resemble his father just as he did at birth, the only difference being he inherited the fiery locks (and temperament, given the baby has not settled nor stopped crying since his first intake of breath!) of his mother. The new parents extend their gratitude to the diligent Lady Eugénie Baruch, who was the midwife of the Princess during her pregnancy.

The Prince and Princess ask the citizens of Hanseti-Ruska to keep them, and their newly-born son, in their prayers. It is common knowledge that the circumstances surrounding their union were frightful, their engagement contested and reviled. They merely wish that their son, Matyas, need not face the abuse that his parents did. They are grateful to have such a supportive community surrounding them now, and in the same breath, ask Sir Flemius and TRH, Dame Eliza Wittenbach to be the godfather and godmother of their son, respectively.

C8j0TnUiVI0yuptOM1SUCtjg0mwq45PvSGnU7Vt_ICFQDG8GsHLzBQhC5rWuPc0jzVpGlrwVNRSBPnUSkjupCc7PSUJ0ysQC0DizI2Zenn5c8HxRynHOJNgg0FNyTXYxQgVEe95S

Signed,

His Royal Highness, Marus Aleksandr

Duke of Alban

Her Royal Highness, Henrietta Theresé

Duchess-Consort of Alban

Laury somehow got into possession of this knowledge. Her face turned pale - and instead of the joy she should have felt for her oldest sister, the young Helvets could not help but to weep bitterly upon having gotten the knowledge that her dearest Etta would not return home.

... On the other hand, a certain Duchess celebrated the birth of her first grandchild in the seven skies. Leopoldine could not help to feel guilty, however, for not being there for her beloved child during her pregnancy or for her first and currently only grandson. However - soon after Leopoldine had Henrietta, she had prepared herself for what should happen, should the Etta have children when Leopoldine is no longer alive. 

Thus - a few days after Matyas' birth, a package alongside a letter arrived - penned 23 years ago:

Spoiler

((dont metagame this - private information!)

"To my dearest little Etta

Should you get this letter now, you have had your first child without me being there. I am deeply sorry, my dearest girl - and I wish I could be there with you.

It has only been a month since you've been born and I already know that you are the most beautiful creature I will ever set my eyes upon. I am certain you feel the same way about your daughter or your son. I wonder now who you will grow up to be. What kind of person you are going to be. How you'll look, how you'll speak and how you'll behave. I am sure you feel the same way about your little treasure. 

I hope to give you a happy childhood, my love. A good upbringing - something you may look back on fondly. And I hope you will give the same to your child.

I want you to know that I love you very much so - and I hope you'll tell your little baby that I love him or her just as much as I love you.

With love,

Your Mama"

Within the package that came with the letter was a hand-made teddy bear. It looked rather classic, with brown fur and big button eyes. The only difference was  small stitching on the back of the teddy - which reads:

"From your Grandmama Leo - May GOD protect you and guide you on your path through life."

A Elderly Hieromonk smiles upon hearing the new "I shall add my Hauch-Hauch Nephew to my prayers, I must return to haense sometime to meet him" he'd exclaim

HRH Marus Aleksandr had been missing for some months now, but with news of the child, he strapped his boot laces tight and ventured back to the City of Crows. Uttering, "Epae oevar vyuf va jeresk me," he hoped that Henrietta bearing child would have strayed her mind away from an incident he had procured.

Daphne stared off into space, a tragic way she had been spending the last few months of life. Only did the cries of her youngest sister broke her out of her trance - staring at Laury now. Unsure about what the girl was feeling now, but she’d decide it was because Laury had big feelings. It was probably the wind…

Nikoleta Barbara cheered happily for her new sister! Deciding to invite her over for tea soon and find a few items for the baby. “Maybe flowers” she pondered out loud to her husband

"... what abuse? I simply protested Hein looking down on people she doesn't know." Abraham grunt, before beginning to chuckle as he rubbed his chin. "Marus hasn't been abused, if anything he's been abusing people since he was a toddler.. he kicked Lord Yvo below the belt for marrying Petra, and then stole my crutches while I was walking." Abraham grimaced ad he recalls hitting the cold, hard bricks of the square.

"I only hope they don't pass their victim mentality to the baby." Abraham shook his head, grunting to himself as he continues to set aside more minae.

Josephine Aleksandra lit a candle at the shrine of Saint Judith of Czena, the spires of Woldzmir casting long shadows across her face. The soft candlelight illuminated her as she offered up a silent prayer of gratitude for the health of Henrietta and her child. For all the hardships she had endured these past few years, Josephine had thought complications during childbirth would surely arise. God, in all his mercy, had spared Henrietta from yet another heartache. Josephine prayed the rest of her future would be bright.