The 'ame of flowers and frogs

_mady07

Time was never on her side.

Melawen's fingers ran over the bone staff known as Queen of hearts. A true beauty she'd found from her late haelun after her passing. The 'ame looked tired, the years had done damage to the girl who once danced the square with flowers decorating her hair and a bright gleaming smile. She looked not old but worn out. Flowers filled her hair of a different shade, one that blended into the auburn strands seeming a natural beauty within the 'ame still stood
"Haelun.. I know naer still here with me.."
Melawen looked over to where she sat, in a field of grass the wind a calm breeze brushing against her sun-kissed tan her hand moved up to touch the few necklaces tied around her, one with a small golden ring and the other a bright blue. Her gaze panned over. Everything she'd brought with her was layed out. A small dagger she'd had since childhood caught her emerald gaze 
"Perhaps I.. Will always be a Beloun'ii." 
 A small chuckle left her lips and then a sigh as she fiddled with the golden ring. thoughts of her late siblings passed in her mind. Followed by the worries that kept building in her mind. Her past haunted her future, The mistakes she'd made and the people she left behind.
Is this the right choice? What will this make me? Where will I go? Who will I be?
The small noises of chirping sounded the area around her. Melawen's thoughts were interrupted and a small frog with skin as dark as the night and beady little eyes stared up at the conflicted Mali.
"Ahernan llir I forget you never leave my side." The small frog was followed by a creature with a letter. As Melawen examined its contents and began to write out the response a small smile was found on her face the awnser to her questions, though there were many this solved one and that was enough. Melawen began to write more and more, after her first addressed letter she sent it back with the creature and continued with her writing. Every letter starting with the same beginning 
"Dear.. The people.. The Mali and those I care so dearly about. Its time I write you all explaining my recent absents. I Melawen Taliame'onn Silma Mongwau, am taking a leave.. To find myself once again in the trees and the woods, The flowers and frogs call my name and I have ignored their cries for too long. So formally I'm llun, for making you all wait tirelessly for my return.. Its going to be some time but know I'm well. Know I'm keeping you in though and remember I've always loved you all dearly. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me for the sudden disappearance, I must find the smile I had when i was fifteen again. By the time your reading this I will be gone, far into the woods and the tree's returning to my roots to find what it is that all Mali seek, to find peace and to find myself again."
After composing the many letters the closed her eyes and layed on the ground basking in the light of day for a moment in silence.

I find myself at a cross road.. I can hear the tree's.. I feel them calling me.. To come forward and to be happy within their care. And then I remember who I leave behind.. There are so many..
"Nailo.. Maln.. Agis.. Ulfrennallar.. Fillia.. Timothy.. Air, Amaesil.. Veronna, Edvard, Nemea, Irvandril, Solus, Ehrendil, Arle, Tahlia...." A sad smile filled her face and a small look of hope took over after that, The list would go on for hours but Melawen knew time was never on her side. She stood up collecting her things and letting out a breath as she offered a hand out to the jet black frog who'd been by her side since the first day.  

Melawen's feet carried her away that day. No one knew exactly where the 'ame would go, but with flowers pinned in her hair and a soft smile the girl would stop at nothing to ensure someday she would find her smile again.

Melawen.thumb.jpg.9b45980e189b691e7960e30538c04064.jpg

Spoiler

Hey hey! Just wanted to write this and give us all a little closure on Melawen, this isn't forever goodbye just shelving for the moment I loved playing her and couldn't be more thankful for the people and communities I've become involved in because of her! So thanks everyone and I hope you all have an amazing day!

She was gone.

These words caught in Amaesil's head. He had received the letter shortly after his meeting with Solus in the Warden Keep. He now sat in silence in the underground meeting chamber as he starred through the open archway to the western horizon. The moon illuminated the trees in the far distance.

Is this how it feels to lose a child? he thought. No. She is away, but she is not gone. I will see her again someday. I know this. Amaesil rose from his seat and sauntered toward the archway. He rested a forearm against the wall and stood there for some time in deep, deep thought. Then, he finally penned a short letter to Melawen: in hopes she was not too far away just yet.

My dear beloun'ii:

There are fewer moments of greater sorrow and pride in my life than right now. I wish you the best on this journey, and I hope you know that I will always be within reach should you need it. Aspects guide you. I will see you soon, little one.

As the young elfess sat upon the hill of the burnt lands of Ando Alur, sitting under a very certain druid tree of her mothers past, Nailo received the missive, moving the books she was currently reading for her task to the side, taking a long moment reading it over, a small frown forming upon her features.

“Marlari’onn.. I do wish for your safe return..” Nailo let out with a sigh, looking upon the lands of the fallen city, remembering the memories of her with her aunt “I cannot lose another one so close to me, Aspects.. Guide her back to me soon enough. Do not be haelun marlari’onn, she would not want that for the both of us.”

The elfess rose to her feet, slinging the bo staff around her back, rolling the missive up as she moved off, back to training.

"Three, three, three..."

The slowly maddening 'ame repeated to himself almost like a chant. A single hand clasped to the side of his head, squeezing somewhat tightly.

"First Ulfrennallar, then Vunlea... and now... Mel."

The mali furiously punches the wall closest to him, not in rage but frustration? Or was it something else? Many emotions flooded through the mans mind upon receiving this letter - whether he was stable enough to handle such news was for the future to decide. It was loud in his head... the many mistakes and regrets playing through his mind like a broken record player. Torturing him throughout the duration of the night.

"I failed another one... I know this... please..."

He'd plead, his voice fading. The voices getting louder... and louder... and louder... prevent the man from falling asleep. He wept, he cried, he went through many different emotions that night and we can only pity the neighbors that may have heard him. Just when they thought his cries were finished he let out one more set of words

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! DAMNIT! I KNOW I'M A FAILURE ALREADY!"

With that his voice quieted, whether the voices had finally stopped or maybe he had tired himself out was undetermined. The man slowly slipped into slumber either way.

Edited by Air

A similar auburn haired ‘ame watches on from somewhere beyond the mortal realm. A small smile comes over her features as she watches her daughter with pride. 

“Aspects guide you little flower. I will be with you all the way.” 

Spoiler

Briar watching Elvenesse be attacked from purgatory: 

B6F60B8A-FB3B-4B3C-9CCE-651BC58F0909.thumb.webp.7f81ea882dbdefb8253469f9e3b0cf37.webp

Edited by briarthorn

Galan Brylynn had gotten wind of Melawen's leave, and looked to the rocky and rough mountains of the Rimveld from his horse. Then, turning his head, to the lush and green forests of the west. He had lost Briar, and now he felt the same pain as before. Yet he had taught her to fight and to tame birds of the wild. While it was not much, he knew for sure that these skills would help her in the end of it all. 

"Melawen, I wish you find happiness in your travels, as I did in mine. You are one of the strongest of the next generation of elven kind. May your ancestors, as well as your mother, guide your travels for the better."

As Oracle Wood smoke gently rises from his pipe and circles to the ceiling, the eyes of Timothy Newton fall upon the glass frog terrarium in the sitting room. He shifts the pipe back and forth in his mouth a few times as a slight frown forms upon his features. "Where is Melawen?" He asks the silence, without reply.

A certain Silver Eyed Elf, emerged from his tent at night, amidst the woods, looking down in confusion to the black frog that croaked before him, muttering lightly a single simple name.
"Clem?"
He proceded to pick up the old age friend with a caring smile and placing her atop his head, letting her ruffle lightly on his hair, like it did so many other times, before reading the missive sent to him...
"..."
A few long quiet moments passed as his heart sank to his stomach upon reading the back part of the letter...
"Mel... The things i want to say... Aren't nice... But... Nor are they hateful..."
A short quiet moment as a sigh escaped his mouth, his eyes tearless unlike years of yore...
"Ayla luck, Blue Salvia... If only circumstances were different... I'd be departing with nae..."
The Elf started to fold the letter, frowning lightly but relenting to let go of the crushing feeling, placing a gentle hand atop Clem's head to pat it with a tender touch, before inevitably seeing her leave...

"Van'ayla llir, nae always were ayla at tracking me down..."

The Elf let out in a melancholic tone in regard to the frog, reminiscing of old memories and times, making him give a soft smirk as she hopped away, leaving him on the dark night, to his own choices and life.

"Van'ayla... Dearest Blue Salvia... I did love nae..."

A closing comment as he returned back to his tent.