We Hate ZachoSnacko (year 7 edition) - AMA

Zacho

8 hours ago, Xx_BloodStalk_xX said:

@ me in that one discord im in w/ u if u want to play risk of rain 2 again sometime, miss u bro we never talk anymore
genuinely wouldnt be playing on the server to this day if u hadnt picked me up as a fledgling new player

1. your most and least favorite thing about the server
2. how has your time as a moderator changed how you view the server itself?
3. what brings you back to LOTC?
4. your favorite nation/community both in the present and back in the day?
5. how did you come to join the server?
6. your funniest RP moment (dont talk about the time we did that thing last map with izkuthii..)

For sure lol, I just keep forgetting we have that game

1. Most favorite is the ability to creatively express yourself in a way that you see fit. It's really easy to write an interesting narrative all on your own before you even play the character. My least favorite thing is the inherent inability to create something yourself or how you see fit. The lore of LOTC has been used for 11 years and each year we just get more and more specific into the lore and that causes it to take the magic out of magic and also push out new ideas that come along, not to mention that writing lore is a headache and there is lore behind the lore that we don't see, plus pauses on lore, that can make it even harder to find a way to even create what you want to. 

2. Honestly I think that being a mod has been a double edge sword in that I have seen the most disgusting and vile acts of a players and that preemtively forms my opinion of them for any interaction and overall jades me to the point of hating entire player bases (humans) but on the other end I see that there are a lot of players that genuinely just need help at times and that each scenario from the outside is totally different when you're actually involved. Perspective is everything, players suck, but also can be good and cool.
3. There is more to do each time I want to. If I want to play an insane fortune teller, then I can. If I want to play a paladin who is also socially inept and it leads him into weird situations, then I can. I think the thing that (piggybacking off answer 1) makes the server a great place to continue playing is the variation. I did say it was hard to build new niches with so overused and boring lore, but at the same time people like Zarsies and Pund always manage to build a new niche and create unique lore where it might have been hard to before. so tldr, there is always something to explore on LOTC and when there isn't, ill leave.
4. Even for how absolutely awful Sutica could be, I actually really enjoyed roleplaying in sutica. Disregard the shitty magic roleplayers and the bad roleplayers in general that it attracted and OOCly you had a really strong and fun community. I can say for certain some of the most initially fond memories were made in sutica with you and the other blood magic goons alongside people like Unwillingly and some of the now ex-ascended. Another thing I really liked about Sutica was the huge underground sewer system and how much of a no-mans land it was. I mean we hid bloodshards and stuff down there with some really weird ways of getting to them and even wanted to make the whole nightclub. 
5. >12 year old zach really into D&D and class-based games / minecraft servers
> find LOTC as a 'rpg server' and try to get into it after reading the (at the time) insanely good lore. 
>apply 3 times at SAO Kirito and get denied
>finally realize you have to play an original character and makes one
>2 weeks in get turned into a living throwing star
6. It would have to be the time in Rose- oh yeah not that. I'd say the funniest thing I've done in RP aside from that would be stealing the beacon since we were literally all in animal costumes as a test-run for the heist rules and then also the fact that there were like 3 mods there at the time who just watched us wreak havoc on the nation in animal onesies. Aside from that I used to laugh constantly when I had just gotten into the Ascended, I mean I even had my own Adunian Warcry as I entered the VC. 

18 hours ago, Zacho said:

i look like harry potter irl

Dael'ran was an elf born from a lich dad in a forest who basically brainwashed him to make him believe he was an Adunian. He didn't fit in very well so made himself conform to actual adunian culture and eventually got into alchemy, then became an ascended and got in voidal magic. Went through that, fought an undead dragon and became Silver Sage, lead a large internal library within the Ascended and fought undead. After the ascended oocly went through a bunch of rewrites, he had himself disconnected and went and became an izkuthii to pursue stealing shit and doing bad stuff, wherein he got mixed up with blood mages and became one himself, stealing bloodshards and other artifacts. After the izkuthii and blood magic were shelved he became a plain voidal mage and still is a klepto. 

Might be one of the coolest character stories yet

18 hours ago, Zacho said:

I actually don't really enjoy LOTC nearly as much without being a mod because I like having the ability to fill the space in between RP. I also do hate walking and eating food and like to build redstone in the build world too, so being staff lets me do that : D

this is the literal only reason why you ever should, well played

On 11/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, Zacho said:

Kenny because he was the first ok.

1) kenny or vi?

choose wisely

2) r u emo? (most important question)

3) why dont we rp? :(

4) am i the #1 zachosnacko fan? (i love zachosnacko)

5) was dael’ran the first and grand’s story coming to an end when he met kerry-anne the first southern stallion of the north or did u just get bored of the char/ burnt out of lotc? 

EMO2.png

I remember you when you were a noob in sutica back in axios. do u remember me buddy?

What kind of role did my character play in the larger scheme of Dael's story? Go in depth or not, entirely up to you!

On 11/29/2021 at 11:40 PM, kennyr said:

1) kenny or vi?

u

choose wisely

2) r u emo? (most important question)

no i am not

3) why dont we rp? :(

ur a frost women in a lexus

4) am i the #1 zachosnacko fan? (i love zachosnacko)

yes you were the first so you're #1

5) was dael’ran the first and grand’s story coming to an end when he met kerry-anne the first southern stallion of the north or did u just get bored of the char/ burnt out of lotc? 
Yeah tbh he was pretty much done and I only played him because the enchantry lads also were around, but after that flop I had shied away from him due to lack of playability. One day I'd like to change it, but who knows. 

EMO2.png

22 hours ago, Nathaniel Calding said:

What prevents the server from bringing you to insanity

I like the server, but I also know it a minecraft game. People get too caught up in that sometimes, and others just use the 'its minecraft' as an excuse to be a bad person. what makes me not insane is staff pex

19 hours ago, LeoRabbit99 said:

I remember you when you were a noob in sutica back in axios. do u remember me buddy?

i wasn't even a noob then, i was just an idiot... i do remember you though its okay.

13 hours ago, Luxury said:

What kind of role did my character play in the larger scheme of Dael's story? Go in depth or not, entirely up to you!

When Dael'ran was becoming an Ascended at the time I was a mediocre roleplayer who really wanted magic simply because it was cool. To put it frankly, if Ravondir hadn't brought Dael to Eliza I do not think I would've become a voidal mage since no one else wanted to teach me. Not only did you, by giving me a chance, and your character make Dael who he was, you also shaped me a little bit because you sorta opened my eyes to the fun that magic can bring vs the power that people desire. The good lessons in sand pits learning the magic and understanding how to use it really shaped how I would play Dael, and then soon my other characters who got involved in magic. Overall, I'd say a very important teacher. 

Have we met in axios before? Also what's ur favorite creature in this server (doesn't matter if it's shelved now)