-= The Passing of the Axe =-

D3F4LT

The passing of the Axe

MB16rmqIbl5fb_ne8e7jhmPDoPBKof57fHeYTFQTxc0zU4_qbuJTVmDsrFhKP5WcnDa6fLCVQBqOm-YWQ9Jl3m-WZA7sBEYjvv4IGtaETsd3lGANF_kvYQqYneCu6-nFkN480mDI

[!] several letters were posted across the Captial of Dwed.

“The anvil is hard so that it can help shape the blade. If life were easy,

we would all be soft and misshapen shards of metal, tossed into a bin.” 

“This letter goes to all Grandaxes that reside within the lands of Urguan.

My name is Thumbrindal, clan elder of the Grandaxe of the line of Blackaxes.

The moment I returned from my travels. I met our clan mother Brynaelda, she was tired in her eyes,

of her years leading the clan she talked about how great the clan was under her rule.

But these warm years came to an end. She has decided to step down,

which leaves our Clan without a representative. By now we have been scattered thin,

yet, we have sent our ravens in hopes to unite our clan once more...

Months have passed, few ravens returned.

Too few to those that wish to take up the Axe and rebuild our Clan that is left astray.

I am writing this to announce myself as a candidate to the position of Clan Father.

For I believe our own actions have led to this stagnation.

We all are to blame, but this does not mark our end.

For even in the darkest hour in our clan history, we stood strong. 

Once I become clan father, my first act will be reforming the trials back to old.

The old ways were what kept us going strong and steadfast.

The trial of honor that Dhaen introduced is not supposed to be a trial, but a duty that every Grandaxe should abide. 

Aside from that, I plan to rekindle the true meaning of what it means to be a part of an elder clan.

It's not just a group you are joining. It's a family, we are sons and daughters of Bogrin Grandaxe.

We are warriors, we are brewers, we are the line of many kings that shaped Urguan!

A wise Grandaxe once said, “alone we are a pebble, but with many we form a mountain!”

Our paths are uncertain in these uncertain times,

but I can assure you that as your clan father I will give my all to restore our clan back to its former glory,

to teach them how to brew and fight and prepare the beardlings for what it means to be part of an elder clan,

what it means to be a Grandaxe.”

“I call upon all Grandaxes to take their time and think! The future of our clan is at stake here!

Vote for me and I assure our clan will return to its former self, no matter how hard times are, I will give it my all!”

Narvok oz Kathaikaz!

MB16rmqIbl5fb_ne8e7jhmPDoPBKof57fHeYTFQTxc0zU4_qbuJTVmDsrFhKP5WcnDa6fLCVQBqOm-YWQ9Jl3m-WZA7sBEYjvv4IGtaETsd3lGANF_kvYQqYneCu6-nFkN480mDI

lg_hb2w8Yd-H2mHDZmmnCg7BJf2rsvMT02luxyYkfzn-P3nmTOmxYpFA3Sl1bof7XAvpNHLbnEySHx0zdbSOq5uom8C9yWl8-aCir1ugQnb7udwQPazeCBBLrQ5Cq9810Y3ntsnw

[!] the letter contains a seal on the bottom of the content. 

Signed by 

Thumbrindal Grandaxe

XcyARehmC7nbBEskAXsTfXQcZpl7Yun6qKmn4cnntWnUe4npuN3YITFHhrC3qq4n3qqy9PGI6s41EUMdd5TYogjKFTh8lIrWbKoUAX1yUFcr-4RpS6y-Wu5bQ2f02wXmSJAZ3pN1

Levian'Tol Grandaxe eases back in his chair etched with "Grand Retiree" and reads through the missive that flew to him. He smiles down at the letter before returning to disembowel a [REDACTED]. "Aye, T'umbrindal es long overeh due es toime ta take up teh Clan Fat'eh mantel." He tosses some guts over his shoulder. "Eh as been a foine leader en teh shadows fer decades, et es toime fer em ta be brought ta teh loight." Soon a bright golden light fills his dwelling as a crow with bright glowing gold eyes flies out to seek the old Blackaxe.

-x-

Dhaen Grandaxe, once a self-proclaimed connoisseur of leading campaigns, reclines back on an overly large, rather decayed chaise lounge chair as she skims, "The Passing of The Axe". She rasps in  a voice that flirts with lung cancer on a daily basis and a cheap cigarette dripping smoke from her lips.

"Damn. I don't remember enacting any new trials in my time, but 'ppreciate the thought."

The paper is tossed aside in favor of a nap. 

"Good to see 'im taking charge again. Was always a pleasure to work with."

-x-

Spoiler

"Aye t'ere ya go lad, yer'll do a foine job." Fimlin would say, examining the letter.