Thesis on the Accessibility to GOD

garentoft

THESIS ON THE ACCESSIBILITY TO GOD

ESc0STpOHUTMX_UkxdYhhU1RuTKhpsvE2gLKF20QPEsASUXvVn-M2WvJbgxX4HbjF8haQemMsDUVk6eIukVoC4WoFbCS8hNS72zIf2e6l3KJjf_ehSoPVfYz0vfHG4TUjYa4wzYb

The Chapel of St. Wilfriche, found by the Barony of Ghaestenwald, 390 E.S.

By Acolyte Ratibor Ruthern

Blessed be you, brothers in GOD. I am a man of Haeseni origin, a member of the House of Ruthern, raised within the keep of Vidaus, where we have the Church of Bl. Dmitry. And such comes my inspiration for this thesis. I have, after all, grown up with the Vidaus peasantry, which only get to see their Church utilised for weddings and the like.

One must only refer to the Catechism to figure out why this is an issue for the smallfolk of the Haeseni countryside, for to be a Canonist according to such one must “embrace the truth of the Holy Scrolls which were delivered by the Exalted, and the Church which was established by Exalted Owyn.” and “[follow] the laws set out for them in the Scroll of Virtue, and by obeying the Church which guards those laws, Canonists seek to honor GOD.” But for these men, there is a principal issue with the worship of the Holy Scrolls, many of them cannot read, and as such they have no way of reading the Holy Scrolls, of course, this is remedied by the fact that they may attend mass. Alas, the Churches in the countryside are seldom used for such, I cannot remember a time that a mass has ever been held in Valwyck, nor in Reinmar, nor in Vidaus. 

These men do not have a proper means to become true Canonists, they are unable to embrace the truth of the Holy Scrolls, for they do not know it, nor can they follow the laws of the Scroll of Virtue, for they do not know them. If all of this be true for these men, they are no more than Virtuous Pagans. They cannot be Canonists, not because there is something that compels them to, but because they are unable to access GOD. These men receive no baptism, they witness no masses, nor do they ever have the Scrolls read to them, not because they do not want to, but because they are unable to access these blessings of GOD.

So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not be idle, nor forget your duties in favor of sloth.”

Scroll of Virtue, 4:8

We, as the faithful, must not forget that it is our duty to make GOD accessible to all. I speak not only to the Church itself, but to the nobility, and anyone who has the option of doing so. GOD has given us the duty to spread his word amongst ourselves, and we must do so. While the brunt of the work lies upon the Canonist Church, the nobility must also partake, after all, the Third Sky is not reserved for just priests, but of all who help spread the faith.

So I say to you all, be you clergyman, noble, or burgher, be well, and remember to spread the good word of GOD, so that all may embrace the Canonist truth, not just those fortunate enough to receive it as part of their education, or spend the money to travel to a mass.

Jordan Cardinal Jorenus sat, as usual, in the high room his quarters were placed in, the room having been organized some. He read over the thesis of one of his own aspiring acolytes, finding himself thoroughly interested by the idea presented - though not epiphanic in nature, it was eloquently presented, with some unique understanding derived from such a common plight. And thus, he placed his stamp atop the document. He was sure to seek this particular acolyte out for further discussion.