Swan Song

Hephaestus

A raven-haired dame's gaze is locked beyond the panes of her window. Her fingers drum 'gainst a half-written letter, unsent - as she ponders recent news.

[reserved]

Spoiler

I'll miss Vladdie so much.

IMG_6298.jpg

TO AND FRO, a juvenile Crow undulated atop a primeval pew, fissured with age, moreover aeons bygone- droning shrill whimpers with each oscillation East and West respectively. Amidst her staunch malaise, MAGDA CATALINA BARROW regarded the leagues of viridescent provinces, scrutinizing the deadened pastures idle fluctuation thence the strident flurries o’ billowing wind.

Vice- construed of besmirched predilections opting a credulous prying, eschewed only by the antediluvian patriarchs; the child hastened her quavering sojourn in the dismally sodden space. Her survey steadfast, a prodigious tree even demurred against the unremitting gales, incessant. Such a formidable phenomena, to fleetingly subjugate the grand thing. Forsooth, her reticent rationale was hindered, whence the adjacent lodging, a rancid sweat ensued- hearkening her heed and impiety. Cacophonous and morose hubbub augmented from each instant, portending a cataclysm only disjoined by that integument door she daren't egress.

Alas, her untactful serenity below was transient as the tempest afar, nor the chthonic dripping subsided. Antecedent to her foolish fortitude regained, the presaging impressions birthed a Mephistophelian culmination at the zenith of aghast wonder. A torrenting flood, by those cadavers underneath, inciting sullied water percolating under the door’s crack, inciting a caustic demise the girl was unbeknownst to.

-

‘Twas a disquiet cerementing her very iniquitous being, borne by Casanovan misdeed- a misbegotten bastard parallel to her forebearer hitherto: the wicked Lord himself. Thus, akin to the nomadic air, her careening too precipitated a discordant fragmentation. Debris, timber, betwixt her mass and the floorboards erupted and splintered: the seat’s woe ushered its suicide.

No more, was such malignance she’d never discern now. No more, was her father she’d descried shortly. During the luminous petrichor of the still terrain alongside the quietus, the daughter stood from a displaced disposition thither, sealing the rustic aperture ajar evermore. The room befell quietude, as did the Ruskan environment liberated. NONETHELESS, Magda lingered to burgeon a priviness one day

a30fdfeb75448bef91274552eac362cc.jpg

Spoiler

As far south as south can go, in the lands of eternal sand and blistering sun, a lone figure trudges through the Oasis. Whistling an ominous tune as he presses forth, he juggles a skull up and down in his left hand. His feet guide him ever forth 'till at last, he reaches a cliffside.

Craning his neck, he peers down... down and down... he stares to the abyss, and the abyss stares back. Word of Vladislav's death had made him wistful, mournful even. What was a Mad Dog without his Beast of Buron? And to perish in such auspicious, unfortunate circumstance... he was destined for so much more. The Lord Drusco tosses that skull up one last time, letting it land upright in his palm.

"Much obliged, my good friend. I thank you for teaching me how to be free."

The Hexer known as Edmond of Sava lofted himself from the rain-sodden ground upon which he had tenured a linen rag. He proceeded then to envelop it about the severed head of the Butcher of Buron, clutched by the beast-feller within his off hand by a clump of the unkempt strands of wayward black hair that had constituted motif throughout the alchemist's many forms. "May you torment no longer," he'd utter then as the cambric was lifted to slowly obscure the destitute and exanimate features of the pockmarked visage. Thick string was wrapped about the neck of the flax fabric receptacle as its straw-colored hue was soon tainted at its base with crimson.

"Let's hope your rest endures."

Edited by Quantumatics

"Sorry I was late Franz, I was doing stuff," said Vladislav.

"I'm stuff," said the pile of necromantic lifeforce amalgamating upon a table in the corner of the lab.

"Oh my God... lab materials... noo!!!!" Said Vladislav.

"Hahahaha Vladislav you are defying the will of the Creator," said Franz.

A small vasoyevi could be spotted by her friend's side, getting word of Raevir's death. The woman produced a strained grin while dropping her head once. As she saunters down the steps, she mulls over all the awful interactions she's had with such a man. "I hope he found peace. . "

From tombs long clandestine, within the twisting depths of the blighted arcades toiled a fleshless thing. A mirror, ancient and greater than any in the land cast a pallid beacon of waning sapphire light, illuminating the sunken features of a skull; hollow, and deathless. Souls passed the face of shattered glass harbored by the soothsayer, coaxing the spirits’ path. Some told of the checkered King, others whispered the sleeping Prince, familiar and alien crossed his endless sight. A particular few languished words unspoken of one kin to Carrion, of Rh’thor, One of Man returned to the eternity, absolution.

One never did cross the harrowed looking glass, for the wastes could never take a soul so black and twisted.

"Not a tear left the eyes of Saevel, for the black ballad was over now. The whispers of the water would soon drown out even the march of war and all but the crow's calling. And in the deepest recesses of the mortal mind there slept soundly a weeping, broken thing... yet he was no-longer present, how could this be? Saevel did not understand, nobody did."

Father Dima, though a man who never really understood the toil of his half-brother in his mortal life, understood the man in the immortal one. Perhaps his brother's sins were countless, but the priest knew God's mercy was eternal. As the man faded from the priest's view, whether to be sent off to the void or live as another, the priest prayed for the Lord's mercy on his brother's sins. For God was eternal and merciful, especially to those who had the worst lot in life.

"Find peace, brother. I shall love you here as I did below."

On 12/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, Hephaestus said:

“Beast-feller, do you hear that?” 

The contralto susurrations of Job sounded in the ear of the lesser Hexer — Oscar of Corazon. Drip… Drop… — like molasses, a surplus of his lifeblood saturated his breast, trickling down in many a vermillion tendrils.

“More blood soaks the soil. It feeds the evil they are in, beast-feller.”

Into Quiet, So Was the End.

kneeling-knight-jill-battaglia.jpg?&targ

For, it was not so long ago that the young boy-hexer has seen one Job of Adria meet his end. Contemplation over the days events crept into his forlorn mind as the boy had only taken the life of best before, not man, nor even witnessed the folly of life's demise. Thus, did the young boy venture into the cathedral in the center of Luciano and allowed knees to hit the ground beneath the pew he had situated himself in. He knew Job of Adria to be religious by nature and although he himself could find no GOD within his line of work, nor in his heart, for the first time he prayed, prayed for one Job of Adria, prayed into the quiet, so was the end. So did he continue to live in his own personal hell on earth, envious of Job's slumber. Envious of quiet.

Edited by _Sug