UNANCHORED [PK]

Mickaelhz

Jace Mareno read the ink over and over again, none of it made sense.. at least that's what he convinced himself. He clutched the pages close to his chest as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Until we meet again, Uncle."

Hearing the news, Herakles adjusted himself up from his seat in the tavern as he feels a need to see the missive for himself. Hung nearly everywhere one could grasp, Herakles took one from the marble statue nearby and skimmed the parchment. "The Marquis has gone missing." An assortment of phrases were used, but they all meant the same thing: the leader of Myrine, and the head of the family was no more. Frustrated, Herakles balled his fist gently as the paper crinkled within his grasp. His eyes were stern, and a scowl went across his face. "How frustrating, it seems the cogs have stopped. Reevaluation is inevitable, but I did not expect the old man to bite it that quickly." The man bit his gloved thumb, looking narrowly ahead as he removed the finger from his mouth and used both hands to fully ball the paper, throwing it dismissively over his shoulder as he begins to walk back to his quarters. "My acting skills will be put to the test once more." A growl lastly uttered from his mouth.

Edited by joshun_

The young Cyril Mareno woke up as the sun shined through the window of his room. He stretched out his arms and looked to the side of his bed where the Circlet of Myrine had been left by his father. A sense of confusion overtook him, and he clutched it close as he wandered out to discover what had happened. A single tear ran down his eye as he read the last words of his father over and over again. "Fine then..." he looked upon the Seawalker trident, and the Circlet of Myrine within his hands. "It's time to lead."

Olivier stood at the shores of his nation, his feet dug into the sand as the waves crashed around his ankles. His eyes locked upon the horizon. “We shall meet again friend, I shall take good care of the young Cyril for you.” Remarked the Prince.

Arsenios laments the death of his elder brother. Clasping his palms together, he gazes out over the azure waves, deep in thought.

Basiyl 'Banjo' Mareno reads over the diary his brother had left, "It all makes sense now." He says as he glances between his brother's and his own diary, he'd then flip a Mareno coin and it'd land on the ship-side, "Maybe another day I'll join you brother."

Mary of Carrington frowns, remembering fondly those days where she often wore her hair in the style crafted by the Moreno man. 

Caderina stirs, a servant of her estate heralding news of utmost importance. A lengthy sigh were had of her when its contents were revealed- but a single tear would follow. "No man were kinder, no man were stronger in my eyes. In truth i'll miss you, Cyrus Mareno. Those to come have great boots to fill yet cast now in marble with your forefather will you be, to watch over those present, and those to come after." A shakey breath were had, her speech lacerated. "From henceforth I pledge to do my best for your successor, be the best I could be, win stories and promote a future for Myrine. I'll miss you, I truly will.. and when my ship sets sail in old age and we meet again I'll be glad to buy you another drink, make sure you are ready for it."

Claudia Helane came to a halt in front of the jousting arena. She stared up at the chair that watched over the event site before a small smile came upon her face, remembering a funny memory of her husband. "Perhaps I should take weekly visits to the beach."

A faint smile grew on Primrose Gendik's face as she recalled her friendship with Cyrus. From watching him craft his beautiful gowns, to fighting alongside him in the Imperial State Army. She was thankful for his aid in caring for her children when her first husband, Arlo Cooper, was banished, her children even calling Cyrus and Jace their Uncles. 

The sound of the breeze in the wheat field outside of the
Gendik-Komnenos farmhouse stirred Prim out of her thoughts. "I wish things had gone differently. How I miss the Marenos and their friendship... Now I barely even see Jace..."

The woman rose from the rocking chair on the porch to return to the inside of the home. "Perhaps I should visit Myrine soon... I'm sure they have their own families now, after all, we're all grown up. 28 years of friendship certainly has led to a few marriages and many children. I'd like to meet their little ones sometime." Primrose finished with a nostalgic smile, shutting the door behind her to keep the cold of the approaching winter away.

She would light a candle and place a bouquet of white lilies on a windowsill, a habitual thing the woman would do when thinking of long lost family and friends. It would remain there for the rest of the year, it's candle and flowers being replaced as needed.

Amelia Hughes sat cradling her 6 month old daughter Yvonne in her arms. Her living room opened to the sea breeze driving off the waves of Henry's Warf and up into the city. In these quiet moments, she remembered her days of living down beside the water. Some fond, some not so fond memories flashed over her thoughts. Cyrus, what was he doing now? It was well over 20 years ago they had met in the army. Her first impression of him was of a cocky recruit trying to show off. Amelia let out a chuckle, oh how the times have changed. She would have hour long conversations with Cyrus, sharing her concerns over her failing marriage with Mata Leslie, and he sharing his adventures into the world of royal tailoring! For the longest time, she had assumed he had followed his dreams of becoming the official royal tailor of Haense.  Like a ghost in the night, he had slowly faded away quietly from the streets of Providence. 

Every so often, Amelia had thought of her old friend. What was he up to? where had he gone? She had seen him once, at a tournament in Haense. He was older then, haggard and aged. Such stark contrast to the bright and cheerful young gown maker she once knew. That was the last she saw of him.

In the midst of her reminiscence, the breeze rolling from the coast grew chilly but for a moment. A shiver ran down her spine as the babe in her arms awoke with a whimpering cry. There eerie sense of wrongness soon passed her mind as she set about singing Yvonne her favorite lullaby.

Spoiler

Edited by SapphirePool

Princess Petra of Haense weeps for her fashion stylist.