LotC Lift thread

Salvo

While we start sweating because about the war, let's switch the topic over to MANLIER stuff, mainly Lifting! A few questions, if you want to take the time to answer.

• Do you go to the gym / do you lift? If not, why?
  • Favorite lift or exercise?
  • What personal goals would you like to attain in the near future?

If you want to share tips, or ask for them, this is also the place. Thank you.

pumping iron (ingots).

17 minutes ago, Salvo said:

Do you go to the gym / do you lift? If not, why?

i was very religiously working out at the gym up until the last month or two, when i was hit with a very demanding work wave. i still occasionally attend the gym though, and have desperately been trying to get back into my groove.

Favorite lift or exercise?

i like to do incline dumbbell chest flys in supersets as often as not. was working on my hamstrings a bit ago so i'd also get into the habit of barbell romanian dls in 4x10 routines also (workout stolen from @KBR).

• What personal goals would you like to attain in the near future?

my present goal i've been working towards like crazy is being able to squat 300. i was just recently able to squat 275 (granted, just barely [still killed me]) which i've been proud of but i've admittedly been in a bit of a rut ever since.

36 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

pumping iron (ingots).

i was very religiously working out at the gym up until the last month or two, when i was hit with a very demanding work wave. i still occasionally attend the gym though, and have desperately been trying to get back into my groove.

i like to do incline dumbbell chest flys in supersets as often as not. was working on my hamstrings a bit ago so i'd also get into the habit of barbell romanian dls in 4x10 routines also (workout stolen from @KBR).

my present goal i've been working towards like crazy is being able to squat 300. i was just recently able to squat 275 (granted, just barely [still killed me]) which i've been proud of but i've admittedly been in a bit of a rut ever since.

Based. Keep at it lad.

havent gone gym in ages but yesterday i bicep curled my housemate if that counts

idk how much the avg woman weighs but must be a fair bit

1 minute ago, argonian said:

havent gone gym in ages but yesterday i bicep curled my housemate if that counts

idk how much the avg woman weighs but must be a fair bit

Based but also cringe because you 100% used poor form.

Just now, Salvo said:

Based but also cringe because you 100% used poor form.

yh dont think it'd even be possible to do it perfect form

unless u were some freak of nature

4 minutes ago, argonian said:

yh dont think it'd even be possible to do it perfect form

unless u were some freak of nature

Abandon all humanity james

I lift food into my mouf 

11 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

I lift food into my mouf 

UNBASED AND CRINGE.

OUT

Started going to the gym and lifting a few months ago, but was put into hospital in October and advised to stop for a long while. Really wasn't my thing but a PT helped get my technique up to snuff and it actually started being pretty satisfying. Might go back when im well again

Favourite is bench because you really feel like a chad when you get a PB

34 minutes ago, mmat said:

Started going to the gym and lifting a few months ago, but was put into hospital in October and advised to stop for a long while. Really wasn't my thing but a PT helped get my technique up to snuff and it actually started being pretty satisfying. Might go back when im well again

Favourite is bench because you really feel like a chad when you get a PB

Damn, hope you get better my dude. Do focus on form when you go back, ego lifts will just have you injure yourself again.

Take care lad.

used to go to the gym with my co worker semi regularly but then i broke my wrist pretty bad in july , had to have plates and screws put in it and i havnt been back to the gym since, wrist still doesnt quite work the way it used to

8 minutes ago, HurferDurfer1 said:

used to go to the gym with my co worker semi regularly but then i broke my wrist pretty bad in july , had to have plates and screws put in it and i havnt been back to the gym since, wrist still doesnt quite work the way it used to

What do the docs say? Can you workout?

I'd try out squats, shouldn't put too much strain on your wrists.

Do you know any good alternatives to overhead presses btw? They make my left elbow click really weirdly and I'm afraid of ******* the joint.

2 minutes ago, argonian said:

Do you know any good alternatives to overhead presses btw? They make my left elbow click really weirdly and I'm afraid of ******* the joint.

That's probably your tendon string brushing against the bone... do you stretch / warm up before workout? 

Either way, unfortunately there's only so many variations...

You could try doing side raises with dumbbells, that will work out your deltoids... do you use a barbell or dumbbells for the press?