First Payment of Svarlgeld

_pr0fit

First Payment of Svarlgeld

[!]

The northern morning mist half obscured the corpse of Sortsvinaer Styrbjorn, his body tied to a stake that had once been used to crucify a Northguard soldier. Sortsvinaer’s body glinted in the dawning sun, gold had encased his upper body, unevenly spread out about his chest and shoulders and the entirety of his head. A note is stabbed into Sortsvinaer’s body, the handwriting neat and ordered, but dark, as if the person writing it had pressed down hard as they wrote.

To the Great Jarl Zharrtýr Rykhässon,

I apologize for sending this letter far later than requested, it brings great dishonor to my name in front of the All-Father to do so. I have prayed and privately deliberated on how to rectify this shame, and so I have decided to pay the Svarlgeld, the first installment of which has been presented to what is considered to be the border of your patrolling territory.

I admit, I believed your people to be barbaric and savage, nothing more than tribal warriors playing in a world just a little to large for them, but the burning of the Heisiric landing of Hjoldenskarven has given me a new perspective into the conflict between our peoples, a new will to keep my people safe from unnecessary conflict. Never let it be said that a Freysson does not pay his debts, and I look forward to paying the next installment soon.

Signed,

Vane Freysson, King of Norland, Duke of Varhelm, Protector of Highlanders

YZhy-MxH_IcmFtqLXttSoi6BD9PWI1EVXE5dpVdL5YHM_Y7Js67MvWv6khNOapD_Qv_xGJK-iN100xuk8p2PirLK3XgySneOOxqh7L1cbaTws2_iaE_SUiXKAqAm86wmFu1txnaE

Looks over the scene, he chuckles at the events that occurred.

"Fine work, King Vane."

Vikne read over the missive that had been pinned to the corpse once it had been delivered. "Your antics are most tiring." She simply remarked.