On Safety

Llir

My sources say a discord was just deleted. Crazy.

It's honestly a reasonable response,

3 minutes ago, Shady Tales said:

yeah it's scuffed KP becomes problematic after it's been known for half a decade for out of role play gain and not genuine protection for the kids. He should have been gone when his alleged victims were still here.

then again, so is this.

Edited by Tiresiam

I appreciate the response from the Administration Team and your honesty, but I also want to express my honesty If you all do not mind:

48 minutes ago, Llir said:

Why didn’t we a year ago? I don’t know, to be honest.

When I read this sentence my mind just blew away. The fact that the Administration knew of all this and did nothing and that you all did not keep yourselves accountable for this negligence is simply beyond my comprehension.

You are all of you (the Staff), of course, volunteers, and most of you do your best for our community and our server, but don't you think that if there was really such a negligence in a situation you guys should keep yourselves accountable and, if necessary, resign from your current positions and let others assume such responsibilities?

3 minutes ago, TDubs said:

My sources say a discord was just deleted. Crazy.

Yeah, think it's messed up somebody would leak information pertaining to a private safety report written by a few members in that chat would be leaked so that you guys could have a couple of laughs at Grimreaper's expense. That's not fair to the victim for whom my friends wrote the report, and not kind to Reaper whose quote is being used out of context to badger him right as justice was finally delivered by the Administration.

4 minutes ago, breeni said:

why did players in Oren continue to rp with KP and give him a platform for years ? 

I get the critique but you also need to realize that is very easy to say because he was literally the heir to Oren and eventually the Emperor and, as such, he was a very relevant character in the roleplay. 

2 minutes ago, EXCITED said:

Yeah, think it's messed up somebody would leak information pertaining to a private safety report written by a few members in that chat would be leaked so that you guys could have a couple of laughs at Grimreaper's expense. That's not fair to the victim for whom my friends wrote the report, and not kind to Reaper whose quote is being used out of context to badger him right as justice was finally delivered by the Administration.

But isn't in Suspicious that The discord server that Held the information. Suddenly Up and went. And strange that you say the quotes are "Out of context" and that "Justice was finally delivered" Justice should have been delivered YEARS ago.

1 minute ago, EXCITED said:

Why wasn't justice delivered a year ago? In the end i'm here to watch the burning fire that is this server every two months, I stop playing on Lotc a while ago. Situations like this are precisely why. Why support a server that protects people who really shouldn't be protected?

1 minute ago, sergisala said:

I get the critique but you also need to realize that is very easy to say because he was literally the heir to Oren and eventually the Emperor and, as such, he was a very relevant character in the roleplay. 

okay? If people knew he was a creep for years why did they give him the character? 

1 minute ago, starman1235 said:

But isn't in Suspicious that The discord server that Held the information. Suddenly Up and went. And strange that you say the quotes are "Out of context" and that "Justice was finally delivered" Justice should have been delivered YEARS ago.

Just now, TDubs said:

Why wasn't justice delivered a year ago? In the end i'm here to watch the burning fire that is this server every two months, I stop playing on Lotc a while ago. Situations like this are precisely why. Why support a server that protects people who really shouldn't be protected?

This is my private friend chat where we played games and ****. It's where me, Pundi, and the other writers who made the thread that launched yesterday spoke and then coordinated the thread to bring attention to the problem over the course of the last four days. Treshure was in there too, lmfao.

Keep reaching though.

1 minute ago, breeni said:

okay? If people knew he was a creep for years why did they give him the character? 

That is a question for those who gave him that character, not for the playerbase of Oren who do not decide such things

3 minutes ago, sergisala said:

Sorry, but relevant to roleplay stops when someone is grooming people oocly. **** that noise.

2 minutes ago, TheBigBubbles said:

Sorry, but relevant to roleplay stops when someone is grooming people oocly. **** that noise.

yeah but what do you do in that situation, plan a coup like the playerbase just did yesterday? Like, I do not think that the playerbase can be blamed for this. If anything, those to blame would be the Orenian leaders who gave him the character and who allowed him to continue doing all this sh*t during all this time

Will be interesting see the excuses pile up from within the Orenian community. Hold EVERYONE responsible accountable.

Tbh, I didn't know about it, why would I? I might not RP in Oren but I don't know shit about who is a weirdo and who not when it happened a while ago. Now that it is brought to attention, something else. 

In short, don't blame the Oren playerbase for ignorance, can't know everything about everyone before giving a char.