On Safety

Llir

8 hours ago, JustMeMorgan said:

show all the evidence 

This is just straight up a bad idea, as it allows the abusers to identify who reported them and who didn't, depending on the severity of the individual who got banned can lead to stuff like doxxing and blackmailing off the server grounds and other horrible shit.

8 hours ago, Venomous_Pup said:

This is just straight up a bad idea, as it allows the abusers to identify who reported them and who didn't, depending on the severity of the individual who got banned can lead to stuff like doxxing and blackmailing off the server grounds and other horrible shit.

True for the first point but for the second point why does it matter? Any player who has an active enough vendetta can go out of their way to doxx a player, however that is a crime players are not endorsed to go out of their way to do this. As long as staff anonymise any details that could be used for harassment (e.g. phone numbers etc) then there should be no issue.

Secondly I should probably clarify when I say all evidence I mean at least a form of list. if a player is banned from the server for pedophilia chances are they'll be forum banned and IP banned too so it'd be hard to identify who reported it keeping the victim safe.

37 minutes ago, JustMeMorgan said:

Any player who has an active enough vendetta can go out of their way to doxx a player, however that is a crime players are not endorsed to go out of their way to do this.

Doxxing, sadly, is not a crime everywhere. Even if it were, it wouldn't help anyone. The people who get banned for grooming are obviously prepared to break laws, as grooming isn't exactly legal either.

1 hour ago, Polysemic said:

Doxxing, sadly, is not a crime everywhere. Even if it were, it wouldn't help anyone. The people who get banned for grooming are obviously prepared to break laws, as grooming isn't exactly legal either.

I meant that more for the blackmailing part*

And as you said people who are banned for literally being degenerate members of society are breaking laws. Irl when someone is outted as a pedo they end up having to go door-to-door telling everyone they're a sex offender, why the **** does LotC always hide up the fact they have groomers??

Why do we keep this weird veil over the dark side of LotC? Like they're ******* predators why don't we make alerts about the player, tell the playerbase "Hi this is offender x, they were banned for x after reports of (x), logs were validified and it is confirmed that this player has done this actions and therefore has been permanently removed from the server with no appeal for the safety of the community" ?? Why don't we have stuff like this rather than these quiet bans and removals of players where the only reason why it gets out is player-made forum posts or leaks

Just going to be honest here. I stopped rping on here after a dear friend of mine, who was the victim to ERP it was very sudden and he was kind of thrown into it, was made the villain by the perpetrator. And was easily seen as the villain as he was male and the perpetrator was female, and part of the junior staff team. Because of this he was banned from 5 other roleplay servers as the girl harrassed him. He tried his best to gather all the evidence about how he was not the villain and was realy the victim. And it was very good evidence. Even had one clearly showing the girl admitting to her instigating the ERP and lying about her age to my friend. But when he tried to show it to the staff they dismissed it as "Already dealt with" and "not worth their time" Reading this announcement has me deeply upset. If you constitute your Safety Policies to be "fair" then why did this happen to him? Seriously. Get your guy's priorities straight. If you say you view each case "fairly" Why did none of you care to even look through the evidence he and several others had gathered to plead his case. Not only that but you disregared any of his inquiries to how the case was going. Let alone did your staff promise to talk to others yet didn't do that till he had reminded your staff multiple times. Ban me and delete this for all you want. But I believe that you should really consider remaking your safety policies and actually training your staff on how to fairly deal with cases. Not just let them be staff because their applications looked good.

Now i've said my peace. But seriously. Get your heads out of the clouds and start acting like true adults when dealing with cases.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, JustMeMorgan said:

Any player who has an active enough vendetta can go out of their way to doxx a player, however that is a crime players are not endorsed to go out of their way to do this.

I've heard many stories of players getting dossed, doxxed or sent disturbing images, and these were done entirely by the people to get their way on what happened with their MC RP mineman character or nation/group. Even with the suggestion of anonymizing details from evidence that could be used for harassment I'd assume the abuser would still have access to it, and I don't think it is exactly hard to get around an IP ban, I think maybe having a listing somewhere that just shows if a player is ToSed or not would be good, most of the time the community finds out about it one way or another. Either way, when it comes to making suggestions to these kinds of situations we have to assume the utter worse could happen, so we can better prevent it and stop it before it spirals further.

37 minutes ago, Venomous_Pup said:

I've heard many stories of players getting dossed, doxxed or sent disturbing images, and these were done entirely by the people to get their way on what happened with their MC RP mineman character or nation/group. Even with the suggestion of anonymizing details from evidence that could be used for harassment I'd assume the abuser would still have access to it, and I don't think it is exactly hard to get around an IP ban, I think maybe having a listing somewhere that just shows if a player is ToSed or not would be good, most of the time the community finds out about it one way or another. Either way, when it comes to making suggestions to these kinds of situations we have to assume the utter worse could happen, so we can better prevent it and stop it before it spirals further.

You also have to remember the deterrent element of this though. Predators wouldn't enjoy having the fact of what they've done to be disclosed so they should be deterred from doing it, if a player that digusting decides to groom a minor I'd say it's worth the risk of "oh nooo someone found their real name!"

In all serious matters, grooming is a crime, this is universal. What the player had done, if given to authorities can be used to give them a record. I think it's worth the risk of ohhh doxxing time.

You have to realise that I'm talking about predators, people who prey on those too trustful, those too young, the shit these despicable people do can leave mental health issues.

I think if the risk is oh no their details got leaked because player n had that massive of a rage boner, when the person had groomed a literal child.

I'd think it's ******* worth it. 

7 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Hey, who's unsurprised to see that the Admins are already backtracking on this and unbanning abusers? 

name and shame mr burnsider

4 minutes ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

name and shame mr burnsider

You know, in a sad bit of irony given this thread, I'm nervous about possible admin reprisal.