Jump to content

On Safety


Llir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Flash over to the fact I actively mention to the staff team of a case that was simply dismissed 3 years ago of which the player could have been outright permabanned for pedophilic and predatory behaviour :/

 

d9b72347b466c942094d133ebab97da9.pngb61db6e5aa356baca71dfbcce1f5ab4b.png

 

(Cropped the msg to hide the player's name)

One of the reasons I went on my Hiatus is because I was sick of the fact I was ACTIVELY trying to bring attention to someone who literally admitted to the fact they wish that it was allowed to **** Children on the server, had Predatory behaviour towards players, harassed and trolled and caused many issues to the point that when it came around to reporting the first issue (the fact the player literally said they wished it was allowed to **** kids on the server) I had a Swarm of PM's from other players asking to join in as they have all been affected, some on a sexual basis.

 

If there is Safety, then ******* present it. Release a list of known players who have commit sexual offenses, give clarity. If a player has been banned for Pedophilia make it ******* clear? make a subtopic on permanently banned players and why, if they're a predator make it ******* clear, show all the evidence and make it so the whole playerbase can see the information.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JustMeMorgan said:

 show all the evidence 

This is just straight up a bad idea, as it allows the abusers to identify who reported them and who didn't, depending on the severity of the individual who got banned can lead to stuff like doxxing and blackmailing off the server grounds and other horrible shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Venomous_Pup said:

This is just straight up a bad idea, as it allows the abusers to identify who reported them and who didn't, depending on the severity of the individual who got banned can lead to stuff like doxxing and blackmailing off the server grounds and other horrible shit.

 

True for the first point but for the second point why does it matter? Any player who has an active enough vendetta can go out of their way to doxx a player, however that is a crime players are not endorsed to go out of their way to do this. As long as staff anonymise any details that could be used for harassment (e.g. phone numbers etc) then there should be no issue.

 

Secondly I should probably clarify when I say all evidence I mean at least a form of list. if a player is banned from the server for pedophilia chances are they'll be forum banned and IP banned too so it'd be hard to identify who reported it keeping the victim safe.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, JustMeMorgan said:

Any player who has an active enough vendetta can go out of their way to doxx a player, however that is a crime players are not endorsed to go out of their way to do this.

Doxxing, sadly, is not a crime everywhere. Even if it were, it wouldn't help anyone. The people who get banned for grooming are obviously prepared to break laws, as grooming isn't exactly legal either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Polysemic said:

Doxxing, sadly, is not a crime everywhere. Even if it were, it wouldn't help anyone. The people who get banned for grooming are obviously prepared to break laws, as grooming isn't exactly legal either.

 

I meant that more for the blackmailing part*

 

And as you said people who are banned for literally being degenerate members of society are breaking laws. Irl when someone is outted as a pedo they end up having to go door-to-door telling everyone they're a sex offender, why the **** does LotC always hide up the fact they have groomers??

 

 

Why do we keep this weird veil over the dark side of LotC? Like they're ******* predators why don't we make alerts about the player, tell the playerbase "Hi this is offender x, they were banned for x after reports of (x), logs were validified and it is confirmed that this player has done this actions and therefore has been permanently removed from the server with no appeal for the safety of the community" ?? Why don't we have stuff like this rather than these quiet bans and removals of players where the only reason why it gets out is player-made forum posts or leaks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going to be honest here. I stopped rping on here after a dear friend of mine, who was the victim to ERP it was very sudden and he was kind of thrown into it, was made the villain by the perpetrator. And was easily seen as the villain as he was male and the perpetrator was female, and part of the junior staff team. Because of this he was banned from 5 other roleplay servers as the girl harrassed him. He tried his best to gather all the evidence about how he was not the villain and was realy the victim. And it was very good evidence. Even had one clearly showing the girl admitting to her instigating the ERP and lying about her age to my friend. But when he tried to show it to the staff they dismissed it as "Already dealt with" and "not worth their time" Reading this announcement has me deeply upset. If you constitute your Safety Policies to be "fair" then why did this happen to him? Seriously. Get your guy's priorities straight. If you say you view each case "fairly" Why did none of you care to even look through the evidence he and several others had gathered to plead his case. Not only that but you disregared any of his inquiries to how the case was going. Let alone did your staff promise to talk to others yet didn't do that till he had reminded your staff multiple times. Ban me and delete this for all you want. But I believe that you should really consider remaking your safety policies and actually training your staff on how to fairly deal with cases. Not just let them be staff because their applications looked good.

Now i've said my peace. But seriously. Get your heads out of the clouds and start acting like true adults when dealing with cases.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, JustMeMorgan said:

Any player who has an active enough vendetta can go out of their way to doxx a player, however that is a crime players are not endorsed to go out of their way to do this.

I've heard many stories of players getting dossed, doxxed or sent disturbing images, and these were done entirely by the people to get their way on what happened with their MC RP mineman character or nation/group. Even with the suggestion of anonymizing details from evidence that could be used for harassment I'd assume the abuser would still have access to it, and I don't think it is exactly hard to get around an IP ban, I think maybe having a listing somewhere that just shows if a player is ToSed or not would be good, most of the time the community finds out about it one way or another. Either way, when it comes to making suggestions to these kinds of situations we have to assume the utter worse could happen, so we can better prevent it and stop it before it spirals further.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Venomous_Pup said:

I've heard many stories of players getting dossed, doxxed or sent disturbing images, and these were done entirely by the people to get their way on what happened with their MC RP mineman character or nation/group. Even with the suggestion of anonymizing details from evidence that could be used for harassment I'd assume the abuser would still have access to it, and I don't think it is exactly hard to get around an IP ban, I think maybe having a listing somewhere that just shows if a player is ToSed or not would be good, most of the time the community finds out about it one way or another. Either way, when it comes to making suggestions to these kinds of situations we have to assume the utter worse could happen, so we can better prevent it and stop it before it spirals further.

 

You also have to remember the deterrent element of this though. Predators wouldn't enjoy having the fact of what they've done to be disclosed so they should be deterred from doing it, if a player that digusting decides to groom a minor I'd say it's worth the risk of "oh nooo someone found their real name!"

 

In all serious matters, grooming is a crime, this is universal. What the player had done, if given to authorities can be used to give them a record. I think it's worth the risk of ohhh doxxing time.

 

You have to realise that I'm talking about predators, people who prey on those too trustful, those too young, the shit these despicable people do can leave mental health issues.

 

I think if the risk is oh no their details got leaked because player n had that massive of a rage boner, when the person had groomed a literal child.

 

I'd think it's ******* worth it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

name and shame mr burnsider

 

You know, in a sad bit of irony given this thread, I'm nervous about possible admin reprisal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...