EVERARD VI 'THE SCHEMER'

Nectorist

“It behooves the flock of the faithful to restore righteousness to its sheep. It was Pontiff Everard who crowned my mother, the first Apostolic Queen of Sutica, and it was he who crowned my own father-in-law, the Prince of Savoy. He was, without a man, a doubt with unbridling virtue. How could he turn so wretchedly upon us, his leal audience, when it was he who was entasked to promulgate the word of GOTT?” Thought  the Princess of Savoy as she was genuflected before Michael I, flanking her own husband as the Ashford crown was lain upon his head. At that moment, all worries dissipated from the mind of that Barclay scion. Michael I was a man who would not be swayed by foreign devices. He was good, temperate, and above all divine. 

The tumult which consumed Il Palazzo Aggrade suddenly stilled and a bright light clouded Catherine’s heart and filled her soul. 

“With faith, the great fire of humanity is restored.”

"Rally the faithful," muttered Empress Anastasia to several women of her court. 

Edited by Eryane

Peter d'Arkent looked to his tutors with surprise at the missive, wondering what to say. He simply repeated what he has said all along, "any man who believes we should conspire for war on our own kind is dangerous." His tutors nodded and then swiftly returned to lecturing him on the importance of domestic economic development and foreign imports. The young duke just wished he could be a boy again.

As he makes his preparations for army enlistment, William Trissingham comes across the missive. Sighing with shock and disbelief. "How could the vicar of God betray us?"

Spoiler

"Heathens and sympathizers have no place within the Holy See." Vaileia commented within the Church, signing the cross of Lorraine. 

“On this date Our Lord God have served us faithfully, we shall move forth in a new era of unity amongst those faithful,” declared Michael I, the newly enthroned Pontifex Maximus of the Church, “If only Haense would discuss with us to unite all nations of God.”

Olivier II feels vindicated after growing up underneath the threat of clerical meddling in the affairs of Savoy.

"all I know is that as soon as this new guy sat on his fancy chair he started saying a whole lotta things. Lot's of folk say a lot, but he's saying a damned lot."

1 minute ago, MCVDK said:

“On this date Our Lord God have served us faithfully, we shall move forth in a new era of unity amongst those faithful,” declared Michael I, the newly enthroned Pontifex Maximus of the Church, “If only Haense would discuss with us to unite all nations of God.”

Ser Reinhardt Barclay applies his whetstone to his claymore, honing it’s edge to a razor. “Beg for forgiveness, traitor, Gott will nicht forgive du for this injustice” he murmured as prepared he war gear.

“This ones more full o’ shite than the last one eh? They breed ‘em more stupid each generation in oren, the incest finally seems to be catch in’ up eh? Hehehe.” Andrik Jan Baruch would remark to his kin, Eirik. @Gusano

"When I was told about the treachery of Everard VI I could not believe it. To think that a man who two saints days ago coronated His Imperial Majesty and his consort now conspired to forge an unholy alliance against the Holy Orenian Empire? Truly a shame...Anyway, long live His Holiness Michael I!" Sir Charles Galbraith remarked, still clearly confused of the situation that he just witnessed in Savoy.

"'is own papej is murdered within the Saint's Day'ae 'im bein' proclaimed 'eir in Savoy, ye' 'e calls anothah a schemah," Ser Viktor 'THE BEAST' Baruch grumbled to himself as he sharpened his blade against a grindstone. "Mus' be somethin' in those wigs."

"Woah. What has gotten into the world the past 3 months?" Ponders loudly Caelan, pondering what the truth of the events was- is this the truth? Is this forged truth, made in good intent? Was this forged truth for the bad? Was this straight lies? He wondered what to believe. With the events that had been transpiring- he new naught what to believe.

"Perhaps it's time for a proper coalition to thwart the Savoyard, and their false Emperor." Sigmar Baruch would add. "In the light of Godan, there will be justice to these traitors who corrupt the whole of canonism." 

Elsewhere Ruathar Indoren would be smiling fondly as the budding new Empire made more and more enemies. "A global war is brewing." He muttered in his clanhall