QUI TRADET DEUS

Pureimp10

The Duke of Vidaus kneeled in the Church of Blessed Dmitry, uttering prayers for the true-to-faith canonist Pontiff. His prayers however ended in those commonly spoken by those of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, deliberating on the inclining tension on Almaris. Uttering his final "Amen," Ailred then pushed himself from the blade that propped him up and prepared to travel to Karosgrad, an eager look to his face. The former Marshal twirled his sword at entry to the city, nodding at the soldier manning the gate @seannie "A pretender backed by traitors, is a traitor himself, nie?"

'Danger' Dougal MacDuff, the five-time Champion of Lallybroch and rightful Grand Champion of Karosgrad, smiled a toothless smile as he struggled to read through the missive. "Godan is good," he said, before going back to bloodying his knuckles against the head of his training dummy, the likeness of which bore a striking similarity to that of Oliver Renault.

Kaustantin was in the middle of writing his first letter to Eirik after he had resigned, yet as his daughter came into the room with this missive, he read it thoroughly and chuckled, continuing to write his letter.

“To Eirik,

My dear cousin, as much as it pains to see that you ought to lead our Nation into war during the start of your term.
Remember it is not for nothing, when a bunch of southerners rabble about uniting man, you ought to remind them about the sturdiness of the sons of Joren, whom fought the bitter cold and a harsh environment to do their bidding alone. I shall write to you more, my daughter beckons me with another missive regarding an ambitious and corrupt Barclay, attempting to grasp onto the ambition of Tylos the First yet starting so poorly. Erwin, Manfred and Wilhelm must be all laughing at the imbecile from the skies, whilst applauding you and cheering you onwards for the inevitable great crusade to hunt Imperials. I shall write more cousin, that I assure.

Sincerely yours, Kaustantin.”

"The cardinals, old and current, stand with Everard VI--the true High Pontiff of the Faith." Proclaims former-cardinal Ferdinand from his hospital bed.

"Oh ma godan..." Margot Baruch muttered as she finally arrived back home from Savoy, her horse Hamish missing, along with the scuffed heel of her shoe just about falling off. "Things are gettin' a little wild up in Almaris."

"This is a dark time for Humanity," August would murmur, the cardinal standing in the cathedral of Providence. "When the heart of Humanity, our faith, is impaled so wantonly for selfish gain, it is only a matter of time before corruption takes hold and infects the body."

From the Barony of Otistadt, one Robert Ludovar, sits in his rocking chair, creaking loudly and often as the wood could barely support his own weight. The Baron had a disgusted look on his face as he read the missive, scoffing "Of course the ******* Savoyards overthrew His Holiness. Never trust a Savoyard, I say!" he said to his son, Johann. "See why I don't like the fuckers? Do vy see Johann?? I should have kept that bastard Olivier's wig...."

One Marie Ruthern panned to the horizon, an unsheathed blade resting tight within her grasp as she stood upon the walls overseeing the Duchy of Vidaus"Godani, protect us."

"Rally the faithful to the real Pontiff, Evarard VI!" proclaimed Walton.

Edited by Basil Moroul

Aubergine copies the line "to abandon all precedent under the guise of a united Humanity," leaving it in his notes as a quote of high praise for the Emperor's inevitable hagiography. 

Jordan Cardinal Jorenus remembers the days in which the Bishop San Luciano, now the false Pontiff, was not even known to be the Bishop of his own diocese. "How strange," he thought, "Only but a few years ago did the Prince of Savoy ask that I, as according to my own wishes, be replaced as the Bishop San Luciano. How times change." He stood then, preparing his own quarters in St. Henrik's Basilica, should Everard VI wish to stay there, "Onleh 'un Pontiff fer me." He remarked to himself, fluffing the pillows. It would be good to see his old mentor.

Ser Reinhardt Barclay tests the edge of his claymore on some training dummies, readying himself for war “Only True Barclays follow Gott’s one true Vicar, Tylos I ist rolling in his tomb” 

Edited by Capt_Chief26