[✗] [Magic Lore] [Shamanism Addition] Spiritual Trinkets

Liv

Shamans, speakers to the Spirits. They hold the simple ability which allows them to speak to spirits, beings of immense power. What they ask and what they do normally depends on the Spirit's motive whether they are willing to aid or not. Due to this simple fact, shamans themselves could bless items to bestow upon others. Maybe to spread awareness of a Spirit? Perhaps to empower them by using a cursed item to torment a soul? The possibilities are endless due to the open nature of shamans and Spirits. One but needs to ask and plead, there is always a chance a spirit will answer, or not. Who knows? But the result can be items of Spiritual power that spreads wonder to the realm.

Shamanism: Witch Doctor

The Witches Cursed Trinkets

As a Witch Doctor tends to create their curses into elixir or upon the soul itself. It is common practice or at least, once upon a time, for the good Witch Doctor to not inflict people or potions, but that of an item for whoever is unlucky enough to wear it. If they perform their ritual and curse an item such as jewellery. The curse takes its effect upon the jewellery and will linger until taken off.

Mechanics

- Follows the same mechanics of a witch doctor's ritual, requiring 5 emotes, 3 being in Old Blah and 3 emotes with physical actions followed by a roll. 3 different reagents are required for the ritual.

- The cursed item must be made at the shrine of the related Spirit.

Redlines

- Requires a physical item that is ST signed.

- Curses (spells) within the witch doctor's lore are the only cures that can be cursed to an item.

- The item is required to inform what the curse will do alongside reference towards the lore and the Spirit cursed upon it.

- This follows all mechanics of the Witch Doctors Ritual.

- All cursed trinkets are required to have only one negative effect (bane).

- Cursed healing and positive effects cannot be bestowed upon an item.

Shamanism: Farseer

The Blessed Trinket

The Farseer, a shaman of blessings and wisdom. One able to bless creatures and plant life, but also items such as trinkets. Already able to create these “holy tools,” however, these tools hold sentimental value. They hold the ability to ask the Spirits, as all shamans can, to ask them to bless what they hold.

Mechanics

- Follows the mechanics of Shamanism Farseer's blessings. Requires at least 4 emotes to bless an item. 3 of which must contain Old Blah.

- The item itself will be one of the blessings from the collection of blessing spells farseers hold in their respected lore.

- The blessed item must be made at the shrine to the related Spirit

Redlines

- Requires a physical ST item that is signed.

- This follows all mechanics of the Farseer Blessing of Empowerment.

- The item is required to inform what the blessing will do alongside reference towards the lore and the Spirit blessed upon it.

- This follows all the redlines and guidelines of Farseer's blessing, however. Upon an item.

- Blessed healing cannot be bestowed upon an item.

Shamanism: Lutaumancy

The Ancestral Blessing

The Lutaumen, being the shamans of the ancestors, hold a unique ability that grants them a voice to those who have passed in the Stargush’stroh. These voices tend to go unheard for there must be a Lutauman present. A Lutauman can request the voice of an ancestor if the spirit in question is to give their voice. The item inflicted can be used as a means of communication with certain ancestors.

Mechanics

- Follows the mechanics of Lutauman’s lore of Kor’s blessing. Requires at least 4 emotes total, 3 of which require Old Blah chants.

- The item itself is required to be a physical link to that ancestor. Bones, blood, hair, etc.

- The blessing of Kor will be directed towards the trinket to bless rather than taking to the Stargush'Stroh. The effects of the blessing will be applied.

- The item should be made at the shrine related to the Ancestral Spirit or Kor.

- Using the trinket requires a roll out of 10. Anything above 5 and the trinket can be used normally. Anything below, and the Ancestral will not show up.

Redlines

- The item will ONLY create a voice that the ancestral will inhibit.

- The ancestral is not trapped to this trinket and can choose not to respond.

- The ancestral will not be within the item during times of conflict (CRP/PVP).

- The item is required to describe how the Ancestral will generally be. In simple, easy personality traits.

- Anything other than an Ancestral speech blessed upon these Lutaumen trinkets, requires a MArt to be made.

- Cannot have a trinket to speak to Krug or Greater Ancestors. They are too powerful.

- OOC proof of consent can be used instead of the roleplay bones, blood, hair, etc. 

General Redlines

- Once these items are removed from the person who is inflicted with them. So does the curse/blessing upon them. They are bound to the trinket. Not those who wear them.

- All curses/blessings cannot be used as a combative edge unless the related curse/blessing lore states otherwise. If so, following the guidelines and redlines of the related Witch Doctor Curse, or Farseer blessing is a MUST.

- Creative blessings/Curses. Require the use of the MArt system to get all the mechanics and redlines and what it does in detail. For both, the players and the lovely lore team.

- Elemental maledictions and blessings are not allowed, these require MArt applications.

- Shrines do not have to be ST approved.

- A floral blessing/curse. Will be useless to a descendant that isn’t a plant matter based creature.

- Can only curse or bless one item per OOC day, regardless of tier.

- Items must be able to be held or worn, thus no items above handheld or wearable clothes.

- Blessed trinkets and Lutauman trinkets will not respond/work to those who are not of the spiritualist faith

Spoiler

The reason I want this to be implemented is due to most of the Spiritual curses + Blessings being generally emotion-based rather than anything else. So, instead of blessing and cursing people over and over. Only then require a MArt when I just want the curse/blessing to be a ring or a necklace that the lore has stated I can do. Just write an addition to at least allow it to be, with some requirements and a covering of all types of shamanism. Fun Stuff that should be allowed but due to it not being written. Isn’t. Sad times

Congrats to Astro for correcting my collection of nonsense to make sense. So based. So redpilled. Credit goes to him too.

Hope to hear feedback and a review soon - Livviez 

Spoiler

Edit Log

- Blessed trinkets and Lutauman trinkets will not respond/work to those who are not of the spiritualist faith

- OOC proof of consent can be used instead of the roleplay bones, blood, hair, etc. 

this looks like it could be really interesting and very well has a +1 from me 

but the wording is a little weird and I think some things need a double check?

For the farseer blessings, those are temporary (lasting 24 hours with 4 shaman all passing their rolls) how would the time of the blessing of empowerment work on these items?

and for the lutauman, the blessing of kor is specifically to succ ghosts, I think you're more wanting this to match the mechanics of the auditory and visual resonance since you're talking about the voice/appearance of someone residing in stargush'stroh appearing.

needing this to be linked to blood or bone or ect will make things a bit difficult except for recently dead player characters that've chosen to go to stargush'stroh. It may work better to have screenshot approval from the player-ancestors atleast for their 'voice' to be in this item, and to reflect that the Lutuaman has gone into stargush'stroh to forge this connection. But sounds like a cute aesthetic item to see/hear someone again.

19 minutes ago, OhDeerLord said:

this looks like it could be really interesting and very well has a +1 from me 

but the wording is a little weird and I think some things need a double check?

For the farseer blessings, those are temporary (lasting 24 hours with 4 shaman all passing their rolls) how would the time of the blessing of empowerment work on these items?

and for the lutauman, the blessing of kor is specifically to succ ghosts, I think you're more wanting this to match the mechanics of the auditory and visual resonance since you're talking about the voice/appearance of someone residing in stargush'stroh appearing.

needing this to be linked to blood or bone or ect will make things a bit difficult except for recently dead player characters that've chosen to go to stargush'stroh. It may work better to have screenshot approval from the player-ancestors atleast for their 'voice' to be in this item, and to reflect that the Lutuaman has gone into stargush'stroh to forge this connection. But sounds like a cute aesthetic item to see/hear someone again.

If you know your lore. To do these blessings you just ask the Spirit for them. The basic idea of shamanism is the communication with the Spirit. You ask, you get. The lore blessings are just for mechanical values of emote counts and old blah.

Pretty sure I stated they work the same way mechanically to make. But the effects are just the blessings/curses. The Lutauman one, is legit asking Kor for something which is sucking up a ghost. Why not ask them to stick a dead relative upon an item. A proper Lutauman anyways should have their dead relatives around for its their cultural job to maintain them when they pass. Maybe burnt into an Urn or the bones somewhere. It's not suppose to be easy. Suppose to be a reward for those who actively are creative enough to think.

If I can ask a Spirit for this blessing. Whats stopping me to bless this, but the blessings and curses are just permanently upon the items due to the blessings are not really major things for a combative edge. 

TLDR

Just uses the concepts of shamanism as a whole, covered by the ritual roleplay of the mechanical value of certain spells/blessings/curses

EDIT NOTE

Forgot to address. I most likely will express that it is the roleplay mechanics and that the items are just forever lasting, unless destroyed like any typical item would be. Alongside if most feel like it maybe hard to collect the physical roleplay remains of a fallen to be either this, or a screenshot of OOC consent 

This lore has been denied. User TOSd.