ABA Results (Finals - Week 5 - Season 1)

CharmingCavalier

xNDEGCg.png

THE ALMARIS BUCKETBALL ASSOCIATION

3C2808C.png

GAME RESULTS

Finals - Week 5

Season 1

xNDEGCg.png

THE FINAL GAME!

(THIS WEEK'S ANTHEM)

Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for picking up another edition of Almaris Bucketball. I am, as always, your dutiful commentator and author Martie Lickman. This week is the final week of the ABA's inaugural season. Really, we have to look back at this year's crazy moments and imagine where this all came from. We've lost some people along the way, but the first season made it in the end. All thirty-plus weeks were systematically detailed for your viewing pleasure. Now, I don't know about you, but I am exhausted. My wife has been begging me to spend time with her, or something like that. I don't know what my wife wants! Anyways, enough about me, let's give a big round of applause for you: the fans. You guys have been here through it all. Through the wins and the losses. The season may be over, but I think we've learned that out of the bad stuff from the Almaris, we can extract a single good thread of pure fun: beating each other up over a ball that we can arbitrarily throw into a bucket. Now, if that isn't pure friendship, I don't know what is! But without further adieu, the final game of the first season of the Almaris Bucketball Association...
or is it?

(ABA OPENING POST LINKED HERE)

xNDEGCg.png

Fakhr Dunes - San Luciano Saints

The day started with a bit of an irregularity. A pink-haired guard came to the ABA official in San Luciano and informed them that the stadium was undergoing significant repairs from a recent riot following the other week's loss. Having no other option but to dismiss these valid circumstances, the ABA moved the final game outside of San Luciano, somewhere atop the cliffs between the Oasis and Savoy's capital.

With that small administrative note out of the way, the stage was set. The stands teemed with vivid excitement. Hakim and Herakles shook hands at the initial tip-off of the last ABA game for this season. And with a gush of wind behind the ball, pushing it skyward, the two leaped. For the next thirty minutes, the two teams dripped with sweat. Azzam stuck to Herakles like a fly on spoiled food, but Amadea Barclay kept Qamar Al-Nabeel in continuous suppression throughout the field's obstacles. By half-time, the score was tied at forty-five.

Head Coach Joseph Brandt of the Saints took his players into the locker room, which doubled as the arena's outhouse, and gave them a rousing speech on the importance of winning. He reminded them that they would kill some tribesmen off the court as payback for such a defeat even if they lost. Meanwhile, in the Dune's locker room, Murad Al-Hamad praised his player's undying courage and let them know that win or lose, they were still the Eastern Conference champions!

The heat was back on with the post-half-time tip-off going to Istvan and Zaina. Herakles managed to get away from Azzam multiple times, but Zaina made herself known, pulling the Dunes ahead by two for most of the final half. However, with a slip-up by Qamar Al-Nabeel and a quick reaction from Obasi, the score was evened up. With seconds remaining in the game, the ball was in the hands of Hakim 'Brickwall' Al-Hattan. With a concise leap right inside the arch line, the ball flew upwards and towards the bucket. The score was 81 to 81. As the ball approached the bucket, it slowly sank in, and the monks blew the game's whistles. Hakim looked to his coach with a bright smile, but abruptly the earth sundered between them, and walls of stone and searing flame surrounded both teams on the court...

xNDEGCg.png

IT ISN'T OVER... YET!

QsFsTNb.png

A litany of repulsive and hideous liches and spooks emerged from the broken ground, their drab garb clinging to what skin they had left. Among them stood a pink-haired woman laughing maniacally. The ball slowly rolled to their feet, and the tallest of the liches, who wore a crown of tarnished gold, picked up the sphere and held it in one hand. "You did not impress us this season. Now let's see if you can really ball!"

The unconscious monks laid silent on the floor, and the coaches and fans could be heard gasping and shouting from the other side of the fiery impediments. The pink-haired girl walked to the tip-off line as both teams stood in shock and awe. She turned to them and hissed, "Well, come on then, lads, get to your positions! We may be undying, but that doesn't mean I have all day."

Hakim and Herakles looked to one another before nodding, knowing what needed to be done.

A battle for bucketball itself commenced.......

Spoiler

LRNGjqx.png

(The above image is not in role-play. All of the Hoopster's players are wearing masks and non-revealing clothing. DO NOT meta this information.)

xNDEGCg.png

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT IF BUCKETBALL CAN BE SAVED?!
Also, check out our discord below! You'll need it to prepare yourself for season two!

https://discord.gg/UbdSZNrTFT

xNDEGCg.png

The Prophet in Red dribbles a skull. Who shall challenge him at ball?

Aedan would frown behind his porcelain mask. 

"Mera? Get the ball. The aurum one."

vampire space jam i see. based.