To Pledge Oneself to GOD

KaiserJacobII

Spoiler

aYqGPox7rpXZ4qKd7qfUQll1BcLsj9nEHomxf2dqK80RQh-UCCB9-f-VY-WdCysyjp7fj_JGk_aE1L2yDJVIU27IL2sQD1dscHA5TiHm48w7Dmq9ocD7OJIGgU3kkPDjr5Xzo2T4

♰ To Pledge Oneself to GOD ♰

5d_VI6uTI9GY2IbIiLYBjBg_sr1y11BC52GyQhurIc9HZKsrYYYHREbT7XXYb96RTiifzFy5DP9EXiBJm94jXgZWQtjuXDiwth9sEo1YVwnQBHQkjV3RWD3XU5BkqIIKnGjjOVO7

A devout Canonist receiving the rite of Ordination, circa 1850 | 403 ES

dbnvjoOJ9OA4u0cHslYJAOyA6rkfdHuD1SR8CJIk_Q8z3rAbuoRUgA4IxHH_H_Mbpd1x3inWYN9t40NIYESyHABG-f2M3QTe25lGYj04h5BOmCvWM4rb2r9CxGL8NrVRDOHIwL0l

“To commit yourself entirely to God is to live according to His virtue in its entirety. Forsaking the pleasures that God has granted for a simpler life, of both hardships and struggles. To serve God is to promulgate His virtue through deeds and dialogue. As a servant of God, it is your responsibility to preserve the integrity of the flock.”

-  Venerable Cardinal Anders,

former Prelate of the Clergy

There is no calling more virtuous than pledging oneself to GOD and embracing His love and virtue. Each Canonist has their way to show devotion to GOD. The Holy Knight fights for his faith against those who threaten to destroy it. The humble farmer works diligently to feed his children. The Priest preaches and shares the love of GOD.

Of those ways to show one’s devotion, the one this letter concerns is the Priest. Our Priests of the Canon are successors to the ancient Priests of Owyn. those virtuous Harrenite freemen and the modern Priest may have little in common, but they share a deep love for GOD and His word. When Owyn anointed the brothers Evaristus and Clement as bearers of the laurel of Horen, he made a promise to Humanity. A promise that there will always be a Church, and there will always be a Keeper of the Canon. 

I do not take this promise lightly, nor will I stop protecting the promise made by Owyn so many centuries ago. We priests of the Canon bear a great burden: the burden of our flock, the burden of our promise, the burden of our faith. I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

Now, I will not say otherwise: the job of a Priest is not an easy one. It requires deep devotion and constant humility. There are times you question why you got ordained, and your faith will falter at times. But, it is also a deeply rewarding, deeply spiritual calling. 

So I ask of you: does that sound like something you want? Is that the path GOD has put you on? Be you Human or Orc, male or female, there is a place for you in the Clergy.

Francis Cardinal Albarosa, 

Archbishop of Albarosa, Prelate of the Clergy

6th of Tobias’ Bounty, 1850

IYD__0-roTUgnKoiPFfcgFNFK1LQwCdAmfUoHHsst27Nh5FwAhBGZ_CvsGkZvgO-ryDTW1-1q_7qXnWbRIoGJ_sNQUyUw4a7jNOuvIePX07nIu-etUUJmfuKATeZq1EYvv2tgqkT

You push open the large, wooden door to your local Church and step into the foyer. Murals and stained glass windows line the sides of the room, breathing colour into every corner. Most of the individuals portrayed in the Murals you recognize: the Exalted, High Pontiff Saint Daniel I, Saint Jude, Saint Julia, Saint Catherine, and many more. Those devout Canonists you’ve looked up to all your life. You know this is the right decision. 

As you approach the desk, the middle-aged lady sitting at it offers you a kind and warm smile. One of the first female Priests. “Do you want to join our Church?” She asks, hope in her eyes. You offer a nod and she cracks a big, bright smile. “Wonderful,” she exclaims. The Priest takes out a piece of paper and pen, and then she looks up to you with big, happy eyes. “I’ll ask you a few questions, dear,” she chimes, before starting:

Alright, what is your Baptismal name?

(Your answer)

Ah, a truly beautiful name. And, how old are you?

(Your answer)

I know you are right in front of me, but for the record, what is your Race?

(Your answer)

Once again, for the record, are you male or female?

(Your answer)

Do you have any family, dear?

(Your answer)

Hmm, and how do you wish to serve GOD?

(Your answer)

Where do you wish to be assigned?

(Your answer)

She smiles as she shakes your hand. “I am sure we will hear back quite soon, dear,” she assures you. You exit the Church with nervous excitement. A new chapter of your life is about to begin.

cYN9xDYceFarVFB1P4xom7rUb2Q6s-NM3Abeb7aDsHBIZGmp4D_Xy1qyG3dYzK3_355lk3_9WlI-pmGae02tMYnK6pDbn_Nf-cX1pjr1xrDMnz5Md0e1ojLsyzx3Y8lKMmlTsaa5

[OOC]

Please contact me on Discord at Kaiser Jacob II#1965 or in-game regarding your application after posting it here. Thanks!

Omari.

Sixteen.

Human.

Male.

None.

Monk.

The Kingdom of Haense.

36 minutes ago, Crevel said:

Omari.

Sixteen.

Human.

Male.

None.

Monk.

The Kingdom of Haense.

A copy of the above application is forwarded to the Patriarch of Jorenus, along with a letter @LightTheTrainer

Your Eminence, the Vice-chancellor and Patriarch of Jorenus,

I hope this finds you well. I have received an application from a young man named Omari, who wishes to serve within the Kingdom of Haense as a monk. I hope you can reach out to the boy, and guide him on the monastic path. If you are not able to, I can reach out to him myself.

GOD bless,

Francis Cardinal Albarosa

-Al2y_tes4m2-mW7CyHL_dlr7cT68WvaMEuV9mUEvqyNueWUCFHrxTXLV1j13_xjc0IbduFLJ3nDBccqavXb6Qr9Ax1LMTajWu6AgRwcMQ7lcgmU7otuXk5srylSBDdKblfA37E9

Jeonathan Martino III

Heartlander

God has graced me with phallic purpose!

Sadly far away

Deacon!

The great capital of Providence!

50 minutes ago, DrHope said:

Jeonathan Martino III

Heartlander

God has graced me with phallic purpose!

Sadly far away

Deacon!

The great capital of Providence!

A copy of the above application is forwarded to Her Eminence, Cardinal August, along with a letter @frankdh

Your Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia,

I have received word from a man by the name of Jeonathan who wishes to become a Deacon in Providentia. I do hope you can take him under your wing, and guide him on his path. If you are unable to, I can oversee his training myself.

GOD bless,

-Al2y_tes4m2-mW7CyHL_dlr7cT68WvaMEuV9mUEvqyNueWUCFHrxTXLV1j13_xjc0IbduFLJ3nDBccqavXb6Qr9Ax1LMTajWu6AgRwcMQ7lcgmU7otuXk5srylSBDdKblfA37E9

Juliet of providence

40s to 50s

Mali'ker/Aheral (dark elf/high elf)

Female

None

Any way i can barring violence, i detest it

Providence

Yevgency Bogdanovich Krestyanik

25 Years of Age

Human, a Highlander of Ruskan descent

Male

No immediate surviving family

Parish Priest of the village of Valwyck, and perhaps, Godan-willing, one day the Bishop of Valwyck. 

Valwyck, in the Kingdom of Haense

I have talked to Father Katerina about becoming an Acolyte and received copies of our Holy Texts from them. I have also penned a thesis here

3 hours ago, twinwolf1 said:

Juliet of providence

40s to 50s

Mali'ker/Aheral (dark elf/high elf)

Female

None

Any way i can barring violence, i detest it

Providence

A copy of the above application is forwarded to Her Eminence, Cardinal August, along with a letter @frankdh

Your Eminence, the Metropolitan of Providentia,

I have received word from a daughter of Malin by the name of Juliet who wishes to serve in Providentia. I do hope you can take her under your wing, and guide her on her path. If you are unable to, I can oversee her training myself.

GOD bless,

2 hours ago, Arbiterhark said:

Yevgency Bogdanovich Krestyanik

25 Years of Age

Human, a Highlander of Ruskan descent

Male

No immediate surviving family

Parish Priest of the village of Valwyck, and perhaps, Godan-willing, one day the Bishop of Valwyck. 

Valwyck, in the Kingdom of Haense

I have talked to Father Katerina about becoming an Acolyte and received copies of our Holy Texts from them. I have also penned a thesis here

A copy of the above application is forwarded to His Eminence, Cardinal Jordan, along with a letter @LightTheTrainer

Your Eminence, the Patriarch of Jorenus,

I have received word from a Ruskan man by the name of Yevgency who wishes to serve in Jorenus, specifically Valwyck. I do hope you can take him under your wing, and guide him on his path. If you are unable to, I can oversee his training myself.

GOD bless,