3.5E - Shattered Suns [RP]

Krefarus

SHATTERED SUNS

Year 10.422 AE

The light of dusk fades away.
====-----<<>>-----====

“Hear me now, Ancestors, from where I sit, beneath this ancient, hallowed temple. I shall return to the seat of our line, bearing with me Imperial banner and naked blade. The day shall come, in answer to my call, that Imperial men, both proud and tall, shall rally one and all. Beneath our banner, bold, righteous and determined, we shall drive the Foe from our lands, and from the Starcast Throne. At the height of that dias, I shall plant my standard and raise the noble cry;

Revenge for Ran-ji!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Events

THE SIEGE OF NAHKI
“The people will sing songs of your glory, Lord. They will praise your name.” “Is that so, San-var?”
_fCkHc2GztyA_DAmIZMVgUzWDMVyqzp6p18zgVdQTu-K6xDr0mvbUccuo8zhY16QsNKHzWcWARXBWKfGY-lpbOo2benrpd5HITO64fxgX82UOGWAMKRIoz40nYQzIl9C7YWdEvDP

[Atuan Infantry battle in the streets of Mo’an-tal against Colonial forces]

Atu-an’s war against the Colonial Remnants continues. With much of the capital world having been captured in the fighting last year, Colonial forces have regrouped around the worlds’ largest city Mo’an-tal. Since the Atuan’s first assault against the city late last year, the fighting has only intensified to levels not seen since The Collapse. 

Mo’an-tal’s defenders fiercely hold the city against the invaders, forcing Atuan command to pay dearly for each foot of ground. Operations on the ground have continued with mounting losses as the Atuans battle their way through the massive city. In light of the siege’s intensity, the Heavenly Emperor has authorized the deployment of three more legions to the planets surface, in order to crush the Colonials once and for all.

Perhaps the only hope for the defenders are the Ground to Orbit arrays, which have successfully kept the skies clear of any meaningful Atuan air support. Still, resources and manpower continue to dwindle, but the colonials hold regardless - praying for relief.

Across the rest of Nahki, Atuan rule is further cemented as hundreds of administrators are flown in from off-world, various infrastructure projects begin, and most importantly, the Atuan military cracks down on insurgent activity tenfold.

====-----<<>>-----====

A TRAIL OF CHAOS

"It was a shame to lose so many slaves, but you must admit! They made excellent candles! The best I've ever seen!"w1IV2JrzCvxfMRXxo5ZSMsYUsGDqIrkGBkwAOOIpqPVF4h5rv1ETSVBs9-rxXap81mTq6gowk0IrDnYAUKTefR79HbYbY5IqSrSWNBkeEUt8Tb6flZddlKNNu6zRauSAaN5Hh7r7

[Aokigahar’s fleet descends on the mining colony]

The Pirate King’s fleet burns east, falling upon a small mining colony as it does. With the local Warlord, Artorian, having his fleet on the other side of the territory, Aokigahara falls upon it without mercy, or fear of reprisal. Over the course of two weeks every inch of the colony is torched and looted, with widespread atrocities being reported by the survivors. Before the Pirate King’s fleet departs, Aokigahara orders the city glassed, which it is in short order.

Reports from Artorian’s government estimate as many as half a billion citizens were killed in the glassing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Fal’s World

Long forgotten.

United Vennendal

There is much to be done.

The Grand Duchy of Alamar

Another year passes. Another year of the Hui-Ariki’s machinations. 

The House of Rewi

The Order of the Crescent accepts the opportunity to better and more easily communicate with its neighbors. The Rewi diplomats are received and given permanent accommodations within a small temple on the Crescent’s Homeworld.

Greater Altaire

The team contracted to investigate Altaire’s easternmost battlefield has an extensive report on the Admiralty’s desk by the end of the year. The system was the site of a larger than average fleet engagement, and thus is littered with scattered wrecks. The crews locate a single Dreadnought hull which could be salvaged as well as a pair of Armored Cruisers.

BB - 125,000 C / 100 NP / 15 M / 5 T (2 turns)

CA - 30,000 C /15 NP / 5 M / 1 A (1 turn)

House Matareka

By the year’s end Mokihi’s flagship, Redemption, arrives at the site of the anomaly. Frequently reported by passing freighters and mining ships, it consists of a large, ruined, space liner which had apparently crashed on the surface of a nearby moon during the Collapse. Surprisingly, scans indicate that the ship appears to be almost untouched by scavengers - an oddity to be sure. EVAs have been prepped, awaiting Mohiki’s word. [Discord]

The Dominion

A man chooses. A slave obeys.

Orteau

A pupil with a promising future.

The Hekeati

A response eventually filters back, facilitated by a Republican psykic. Lord Taera is more than willing to face the Sample, if only he could actually reach Loyalist space!

An Ambassador is accepted. Lord Rata is more than willing to work with any true loyalists, assuming they do not intend to interfere with any of Lord Rata’s Restoration Efforts.

The ERTC is willing to construct a Dreadnought for the low price of 750,000 credits. Construction, of course, will take 3 years. Price, the ERTC representative says, is dependent on the market value of the required resources. 

The Stealth Ship counts a relatively small border fleet consisting of mostly cruisers and light ships. The world is much more well defended, equipped with Ground-to-Orbit batteries as well as Hyperspace Interdictors and an Orbital Defense Platform.

Castrillon 

A light show exclusive to Castrillon.

Dominion of Badab

Initiating Security Check… Security Check in Progress…

Security Check Completed.

Ushen

The black gold of Ushen floods the markets and fuels the galaxy.

Altaire I Guess

sBpyYqq.png

-60,000C + 30NP + 10M + 2A towards 2x Salvaged Heavy Cruisers
-80,000C + 40NP + 12M + 2A + 2T towards 2x Support Carriers
-20,000C + 8NP + 8M towards 4x fighter squadrons
-10,000C + 4NP + 4M towards 2x bomber squadrons
-60,000C + 12NP + 16M + 4A + 4T towards 4x Stealth Ships
-200,000C + 80NP + 40M towards 20x Destroyers 
-30,000C towards paying more grugs to loot old battlefields for delicious ship-bits.
-10,000C is put up as a reward for unusual, unidentified artifacts and curios. Stilicho wishes to indulge in his hobby during the quieter hours of the invasion.

The Altairean fleet stands on the border of the FWA. The invasion begins now. 

Edited by Catostrophy

F ā l ' s   W o r l d

i have an airplane to catch after work today

and a lot of work to catch up on

sorry boys

ZUtM3zn.png

1sbb_JhwLX32qKL3dlMG-lrGN1QAZLyF62oxeRrZFBJwl_JSaRkxY326HIgH2rmoFsoPjrJb_hibKUQD5nFoMDj57SoNErqMROKD5ES3HNjlPakFxnnf17MYp92wxeL70CQaMDKI

UNITED VENNENDAL

With the Stadtholder taking it upon himself to bear the full weight of his office, Lord Karel Elfering had little time for his children. Yet he couldn’t be in two places at once, and would rarely delegate tasks to one or another. This was one such case. His children were often in no such position to deny his requests. Two brothers; Julius and Cornelius, lounged in the corner booth of a local Voorstian officers’ bar, the Bootstrap.

“Though I didn’t like it, It’s done. Vennendal will have her fleet.” said Julius, speaking over dinner.

“We all have to make sacrifices, dear brother.” Cornelius replied, uninterested in his meal, as he lit a cigarette taking a drag. "You did good."

As Cornelius’s smoke drifted across the table, Julius coughed. The Navy-man spent much time aboard sterile and climate-controlled environments, so that slight exposure to these pollutants elicit a response from him.

Cornelius glanced at his brother, realizing. “Apologies.” he said, snuffing out the embers.

“Forget it.” said Julius, shrugging it off. “I hear our half-brother, Aarno Verschooris, is leading the ground force vanguard.”

Cornelius raised a brow, calmly stating, “He’s a capable leader. I have faith they’ll bring the western worlds to heel.”

“Hm." Julius mused. "I only feel sorry for Hendrika. She hardly ever sees her husband. That man is Army before family.”

“Well, doesn’t that sound familiar. No different than with our dear father.” said Cornelius.

“I want to say I resent that, but-”

“I know.” Cornelius said knowingly.

For a few moments, there was a pause, as the two wordlessly finished their meals or looked about.

“Well.” said Julius, seeming eager to wrap up. “It was nice catching up, but I must be going. Perhaps a few more provisions before I shuttle back to my division. They want us with the invasion force.”

“Give them hell, brother.” said Cornelius, leaning into his seat, as he glanced at the dishes they’d picked clean.

“Count on it.”

ACTIONS

[150,000 C, 25M] Building Trade Depot on Lippelo

[100,000 C, 20M] Building 10 Commercial Districts on Lippelo

[150,000 C, 40M, 80NP] Constructing 20 Destroyers

[60,000 C, 12M, 40NP] Constructing 2 Light Cruisers

[5,000C, 2M, 2NP] Constructing 1 Fighter Squadron

[MOD] The invasion of ERTC space actually begins now.

Spoiler

a0ce8eed7b9e9b046b380bc3ab5a6a67.png

Grand Duchy of Alamar

Year: 10,421

Overview and Story

“Is it true that Outer-Rim women bathe but once every three lunar cycles?” -unknown enlisted soldier of the Almarii 1st Legion

Albert would stand to his office window contemplating his situation, his place in the galaxy as shattered as it was. It was winter on Alamar and the snows had already begun, outside his ducal palace he could see his homeworld, the homeworld of his family at peace as if there were nothing in the galaxy that could disturb it. Though his world was experiencing bliss as if the Empire had never collapsed and perhaps was even benefiting due to the galaxies need for the wheat and grain produced on Alamars sister worlds, Albert himself seemed irritable, he had developed tinnitus during his time in the civil war, his hearing damaged and requiring discrete and subtle cybernetics to maintain at the cost of him hearing a constant buzzing.

A sudden knock would cause the Grand Dukes attention to refocus and return to the now, “Come in.” he’d speak, turning to his desk and seating himself before his visitor had opened the door, the visitor in question being Rear Admiral Noha Ngata who would promptly salute his monarch in the Navies fashion and be seated at the Grand Duke’s gesture. “With my brother leaving the service to join the Courts the Navy needs a new Commander, I would like that to be you, if you accept you’ll be promoted to Vice Admiral and should the Navy get big enough, full Admiral with all benefits. Do you accept?” the Duke asks.

“I would not turn down the opportunity to serve the Sector, I accept.” the now Vice Admiral would retort, the Grand Duke sliding a data tablet over to the newly promoted man “Plans for the Navy, my brother was increasing the size of our navy by two heavy cruisers a year. Exceed it and exceed him and I will ensure you remain in your position, consider this your blank cheque.” Albert explains. Noha would nod to his monarch and begin looking at the tablet before his eyes widening “M-my lord….is this how much money we make?” he’d say with a surprised stutter of someone evidently not born with the wealth of a stellarch “I make” he’d say correcting the admiral “and its but a portion of it, double the cruiser count of my brother, my resources will help but you will need to source material and private shipyards. I’m counting on you to be able to do more than just command, you’re now more than a tactician, you're a logistician.”

Later that day….

“Do you trust the Tenierts?” Lucas asks his lord brother “If I trusted them I wouldn’t have to agree to tie our families together, they trust us about the same.” Albert says, toking on a thin cigar as he spends some leisure time with his brother, his most trusted confidant. “They definitely have high opinions of themselves…despite losing half a Stellarchy.” says the younger Dryden with something of arrogance in his tone “It was a mixture of bad choices and bad stellar geography, but yes they do think highly of themselves, perhaps a bit too highly. I doubt their ambitions stop at reclaiming their lands from Sorin. But we’re short on allies outside the family right now, we will just have to prepare for the outcomes, I’ll be sending Adrien a case of 16 year old single malt from our distillery on Kuria, we have to keep this alliance as sweet as possible for now. On other business that to be honest is more relevant to you and what our current needs are the replacement for you inthe Navy, are you sure he’s right?” the elder Dryden asks his younger brother.

He’s a little introverted when it comes to interacting with the nobility, he’s from the lower gentry after all, but he’s a hard worker and most importantly he owes everything to the Drydens, with you pushing down on him he ought to be able to source more ships for the fleet.” Lucas finishes, putting out his own cigar in an ashtray “I hope you’re right, in any case keep an eye on the whole Adjudicator situation, you’re my man in the Courts. Make sure the law bends our way.”

Expenditure 

MkjXr-rhlT5C3Xx0C-B7ntc651_VaQaS5MAvZKH7DBfU-sm6Ptidl_fVSmqzX2TNt6TCgGZczVyO-dt54yy-O4QjhE1SHpxKv6DSPWLgXbkSfsKnJWtxvDFlIuVJJd_Ha_-NJ2H9

Two Reclamator Class Heavy Cruisers are laid down this turn. [120,000 C, 50NP]

Two Light Cruisers are laid down this year [60,000 C, 40NP]

A network in the Stellarchy of Veras would be set up [5 I]

Spoiler

Tiraki stood at the bridge of the Haumu, a small and battered freight ship in exodus from the frontier of war-torn Kiritau. Crewmen buried their icy hands into the deepest seams of their threadbare coats as desperation hung in the air. After the long journey, each one was eager to glimpse the first worlds of Badabi space through the long but narrow viewport at the front of the ship. Yet, they peered only meekly from the other side of the room, giving the man at the front a wide berth.

Pacing up and down the length of the bridge control wall, Tiraki threw his arms into the air as he schemed to himself silently. The crew watched, listened as he repeated his small transects. Gruff breathing mixed with the squeaking wire mesh floor that languished in disrepair below his heavy leather boots.

How many are we, now?” demanded Tiraki, spinning with a violent flash of blue eyes that pinned down the nearest shiphand.

T-the… Thirty-five. S-sir.” The small brown man in overalls stepped back once, twice as he shivered.

Why is this?” replied Tiraki in clear disappointment. The shiphand stammered incoherently until another man’s hand came down on his shoulder from behind. Looking up to see a sharp jawline beneath a tangle of dirt-blonde hair, the shiphand bowed and took his chance to retreat back into the depths of the ship.

Malnutrition and radiation exposure have claimed another twelve in the last week. The rendezvous party did not arrive, allegedly due to pirates. We cannot enter the atmosphere once we reach the nearest world because repairs are not complete,” explained a gilt-eyed man only an inch shorter than the towering Tiraki.

Put another crew on spacewalk, then. I won’t allow the Badabi to starve us to death in orbit while their fat bureaucrats sit on little investigation files.”

We have lost our only remaining mechanics from exposure. Our only chance is to receive aid in orbit.”

DAMN IT, MAHARA! Figure out SOMETHING.” A growl rumbled low in Tiraki’s throat.

Sir! It’s a hail from an incoming ship. They are claiming to be a relief party,” reported a comms operator.

But we are still three days from the nearest habitable system–“ began Mahara.

They request permission to board, sir.”

By the Sovereign’s touch, let them in!” cried a crewman, followed by the rest of the crew erupting in cheers and cajoling hoots.

Well, if they ask for something we can’t afford, we’ll just take their ship, EH MEN?!” shouted Tiraki back at the crowd.

Mahara shook his head and massaged the bridge of his nose in disgust, but the crew roared back in approval as Tiraki grinned for the first time in months. It wouldn’t have been the first time Mahara’s brother threw diplomatic relations out the window at the prospect of short-term gain.

Let them dock,” stated Tiraki in satisfaction. “Ready your sidearms but conceal them.”

There were few weapons among the mishmash of stranded traders and Kiritauan refugees, however. Most of them only had basic tools from their daily tasks of maintaining the ship, and no time to transform them into better makeshift threats. In their severely malnourished state only a handful could have overtaken an energetic child.

Tiraki had a firearm, of course, which he dramatically checked and cocked before concealing it in his utility belt. The hand canon pulled heavily against his pants, already struggling in their ever slackening-fit. This is why he hated pants, but after his Kiritauan robes had burned during the brothers’ escape from System 20B, Tiraki had seen fit to steal the pants off a corpse before turning him­ into boiler fuel. Waste not, want not, as his mother used to say.

DOCK HATCH INITIALIZING!” shouted the overalls man, who had reappeared out of curiosity over the commotion echoing through the small freighter.

With a click and a hiss, the hatch door rotated and lifted to reveal the dark corridor of the other ship’s boarding arm. All were silent, and two Haumu crewmen edged closer to the hatch with anticipation. Mahara knelt behind a metal console with his own firearm out and pointed at the open hatch. A soft tink and a feint odor lanced Mahara’s mind, too slow as he shouted--

GET DOWN!”

A metal cylinder rolled out of the hatch onto the Haumu’s battered floor, and with a *****, thick grey gas exploded out into the room. Coughing and shouting soon fell garbled as acrid liquid filled the crew’s lungs. Most tried to run to other portions of the ship, only to fall choking on their own bodily fluids. Immediately, however, Tiraki threw himself into a run down the docking corridor with his gun hungry for the nearest target. Mahara followed close on his brother’s heels as the ambient light from their ship grew faint. Tiraki fired down the hall with a roar, unable to see any distinct target. Though the shaft had been built to withstand greater damage than the gun could produce, the ricochet whizzed around within the deafening shot until lodging itself in some unknowable crevice. A wall of white opened up before them and, just as blind, Tiraki fired a second, third, and fourth blast. In the new light appeared a crew of gas-masked raiders, unfazed behind their full-metal riot shields. As the raiders opened fire through circular openings in their shields, the brothers ran at them to close the distance.

Tiraki collided with one shield and he tried to twist himself inside the formation from the side. Mahara dove onto his stomach to throw a silver ball between the closest raider’s feet. It rolled for only one second before detonating from behind the shield wall, sending gore flying and igniting skin and clothing within a metra radius. Amid screams Mahara grasped onto the shield above him, barely in time to save him from the worst of the blast. He rolled quickly and extinguished himself, then followed up with his sidearm in picking off three remaining raiders under the raining shrapnel of busted shields and limbs. One scream was, wrong, though. Mahara’s gut knew, but there was only one way out.

After getting to his feet Mahara dashed out the docking port into the raiders’ ship, diving for the nearest console for cover. Yet, no firefight ensued. The entire room was empty.

MAAHAARAAA” came Tiraki’s voice from the docking corridor. In haste Mahara scoured the consoles and walls until he could find door controls. The ship’s rudimentary console succumbed easily to Mahara’s command to close and blast-lock all doors other than that of the boarding hatch. His chest still burned from latent acid vapor, muscles sluggish with exhaustion, but Mahara turned back to reenter the docking corridor.

TIIIR –!”

Hunched over, shambling, and stinking of burned hair, a mass of blackened flesh emerged in the dark. Whatever scraps of clothing were left on the once-handsome man melted indistinguishably into his skin.

TIRAKI…” gasped Mahara, eyes burning as he tried to find a place to support his brother’s weight that hadn’t been totally immolated.

Bro-ther… You... will...”

Clanking to the floor, Tiraki’s hand canon slipped from his deathgrip, soon followed by the collapsing man himself.

Backstory of character rolls.

Tiraki.jpeg

Mahara.jpg

Edited by Revenant.

Orteau

“Damned decent of Albert,” Adrien grumbled, looking at the year on the single malt his brother-in-law (and son-in-law) had sent. “Maybe I was too hard on him.”

“The man knows what family means.”

“As do I.”

“As do we all.”

Adrien turned, setting the bottle on his newly-built dining table. It was exquisite, carved from a single solid piece of veined onyx, polished to a mirror. It stood on a raised platform in the center of a cavernous hall, enclosed by glittering stained glass. Adrien could see himself in the windows, fixed in a determined battle pose. He saw his father too, sternly looking downward. And his grandfather, and a thousand Tenierts he had never met. Still closer were the living, all at his table - his brother, his wife Annabella, four of his sons from Alistair to Antoine. His grandsons Archibald, Ashweather and Adam.  His only unmarried daughter, Alice, who stared cooly back at him from the far end.

“I’d like to thank you all,” Adrien’s gravelly voice contained rare satisfaction. “For receiving the, eh, augmentations last year. I know the process isn’t exactly comfortable. But we don’t live in a friendly galaxy anymore, and I won’t have us become victims. With every passing year, a little bit less of the universe writes us off as defeated. They’ll come for us. Some of you will be here, where I can protect you. Others…” he cast his eyes down the table, “will be in the enemy’s den. One can only hope that you’re all prepared for it.”

Silence. Then somewhere across the vast ballroom, the sound of a door echoed, and dozens of servants began to line the far edges of the hall.

“Just about time,” said Alain, still seated. The younger Tenierts fidgeted in their seats, looking towards the entrance longingly.

“Indeed.” Adrien growled. “Look at this place. The last time this room existed was forty years ago. The last time it looked this good, I was getting married in it. Good things come from Keep Teniert when it’s complete. You are all proof of that.” The compliment was delivered so gruffly that it hardly even registered with most of Adrien’s children until Alain openly grinned. Was Alice blushing? No, it must have been a trick of the light.

“Now,” said the king, pouring the whiskey. “Let’s welcome our guests.”

bqP3S4GUtDcUc6c6CCCcPrW4h39ZQXSnXfg0rezyRoS2qFs3HoLMDXeLXYE9Os1KRrgv_vOtXtSPEvgpHAfqkIBX1Y6nDsQcs9MSarSyl7xdkWFQaFjG6pgAo2PG-GANuQOM2koD

Actions:

-[REDACTED] [8 I]

-[REDACTED] [4 I]

-[REDACTED] [4 I]

-[REDACTED] [4 I]

-[REDACTED] [4 I]

-[REDACTED] [4 I]

-A single light cruiser is commissioned to bolster Orteau’s screen. [$30,000, 20 NP, 6 M]

-10 state academies are built on the newly-reclaimed paradise world, a breathtaking oceanic planet covered in shallow seas and dotted with striking islands that soar into the air, going from tropical rainforest to snowy peak in the space of a horizontal mile. [$200,000, 20M, 10T]

-A grant of $30,000 is allocated for a full inventory of the massive graveyard on Orteau’s eastern border. Few can avoid a sense of sadness as they behold the shattered remnants of Battlefleet Reclamation and the carcass of the once-great titan…but perhaps, some of its glory can be restored. [SUP LOOK HERE]

-After fifty years, Keep Teniert has finally been repaired! The massive skyscraper at the heart of Orteau lost much of its top half over the course of multiple sieges, and for decades now it has stood shamefully ruined, a monument to Orteau’s disgrace. At last though, Lord Adrien has restored it to glory. The crowning jewel is of course the ballroom near the peak, deep in the stratosphere. Twice the size as before, it features exquisitely-detailed stained glass windows depicting every Teniert lord for the last millennium, as well as high-speed elevators to “adjoining” private garden-balconies where the guests can actually breathe. The lords of Orteau celebrate the event with the usual massive party, spreading from ground level to peak. Obviously, everyone notable in the region is invited to witness the glory of House Teniert. [$87,000 on generating influence]

-A smaller government grant goes into reclaiming lost Orteau space in the east, where a power vacuum has recently re-emerged. [$50,000 to claim the final planet.]

kn2FDHMwtwRGOMKORihGgGj1U5q7Pi_GkvKYW1bEBQ-fLc5br4bf1_Y-e6J8E_7uRBsS3I_DkE8HtiIYMOPLmKUAEg24raQ_DY74xbnJQ3-Cx9sSmwKZt6k2RKoDSzR3BSXvgZyk

House of Rewi

A terrible habit, tapping your pen. It shows weakness, and impatience. Unfortunately, I cannot help it, for I am not of the highborn. They make pains to display this during our dealings. Alas they always fold, always give in to me, for how can you resist the man with the ships? He is the one that enforces his will upon the stars and yet… It always feels empty. I must find more in this void.

The earth churns from the mechanised plow, cresting like a wave and falling back amongst the sodden loam. The plow, being dragged along with thirty others, is being used for the first time on Brixolara. Systal looks over her shoulder towards the destruction that has been left behind her, the flattening of forests and more to make way for the farms. A shame, she muses, all this to feed our people.

The day speeds along, the minutes blend into hours, blending into days as Systal remains in her seat, tabbing stimulants and nutritional packs from the cockpits stores. Acres upon acres of land ready to be seeded. Her eyes glance up as an alert sounds in the cockpit, ground instability ahead. She presses a series of switches and a small craft floats from the back of the slowly moving tractor.

Adjusting the goggles on her head, she slaves the still drone to her controls and moves it towards the suspected fault. Sensors radiate photons as an underground stream is located, one that would spoil the efficiency of the crops in the area. Systal sighs as she calls in the problem,

… Nexus-23, this is Plow-241 coming in, over…

… Plow-241, this is Nexus-23, what is the issue?...

… Nexus-23, I have found a cat-epsilon earth instability, shall I proceed?...

… Plow-241, that is a negative, return to Nexus. Nexus-23 over and out…

Her face cruncing, the blood rising, Systal curses, her arms flailing in rage. Her over-time bonus, one she has racked up for a week in the cockpit, is now finished. She almost broke the record of 8 days in the cockpit.

… Plow-241, this is Nexus-23, we have had an issue with Plow-176, re-route to plot 45-alpha-6-P and re-start plowing procedure, over…

… Nexus-23, copy that, Plow-241 re-routing…

… Plow-241, still a chance for that record, Nexus-23 over and out…

+Datalog+

-Species-

Glycine Mays

-Origin-

Cross-Hybridisation of the Soy and Maize Plants

-Nutritional Quotient-

High

-Growth Efficiency-

High

-Taste Profile-

Poor

-Details-

A staple in southern space, the Soy-Corn plant is a versatile and bland food-stuff, replacing a whole host of other species.

Militaristic Actions

The Fleet remains still.

Diplomatic Actions

Espionage - REDACTED [10 I]

Espionage - REDACTED [5 I]

Economic Actions

Spoiler

FDo-Gpr9Lh57uA8H62hxcMeSnTkoQa6zuXY_0AiGbFS-LPdnbzuLP10XoDcPQiFejVPgBnuhoJn2eFhI1-gDtNgQIz4gUeT2y0MGOo7FVBrjpwxfq6G4v2lPdH69zwOPrI1PcgLb

Colonisation of the Los Nontaria Pass, a Tech World. [50,000 C]

Colonisation of Sunzolla, a Mining World. [75,000 C]

Construction of ten farms on Brixolara. [100,000 C; 10 M]

The Kaitiaki Ora

image.png

Another unit of His Majesty’s Life Guard readies itself for bloody conflict. (50.000C, 8M, 2A, 2T)

Three more Light Cruisers are built. (90.000C, 60NP, 18M.)

Actions

Redacted!

The Stealth Ship in USSC space continues its careful path towards the old Imperial Mine, to gather what intelligence it may about the system and the planets defenses.

LXYuGKF.png

Ushen 

DhZd6V6kvCivTnoii2jSv5E50iYNUJJP5h78gvWjeZUOvdz5w1f3xJKluf9zMWdMn5L5aMVwv9S0kZmh25Xz51FOl6UYkfWQ38OrITATSaUZjOsYAQ8r_TsVw_oB3_WDCzmewnGz

Actions: 

The military build up continues. The shipyards start to churn out more and more ships as the year goes on, and people around the system begin to grow a little more tense. Two Light Cruisers are commissioned this year to continue to strengthen the fleet's capabilities in long engagements. (2x Light Cruiser Construction = 60,000C, 40NP, 12M). 

A delegation is sent to the Oil Barons, requesting a meeting. (MOD). 

Duchy of Castrillon

Freighters seem to be seen more frequently than usual, all carrying imported and exported goods. Castrillon in particular has been buzzing with business as fuel imports have been all the rage. Although nothing important has been announced or proclaimed, something surely is afoot. Other than increased imports, nothing appears to be out of the normal as another two light cruiser designs are constructed and added to the Lord Regent’s fleet. Perhaps next year something of greater note will have taken place.

Actions:

The shipyards produce two more light cruisers, yet again. (60,000 C, 40 NP, 12 M)

Dominion of Badab

--------[Insert Password here]----------

--------[**************************]---------
checking password

Cross Referencing

Password accepted

-CD OIA
-CD Strategic Reports

-CD Overall Reports
-Open File 'Strategic Report 10,421 AE'

- Checking Clearance

Clearance accepted

ERROR, FILE CORRUPTED 

-CD 'Intelligence Reports'

- Open File 'Intelligence Report 10,421 AE'

- Checking Clearance

Clearance not accepted

-CD 'Diplomatic Reports'

- Open File 'Diplomatic Report 10,421 AE'

Spoiler

Insurgent Sympathizer identified amongst Diplomatic Corps. Security Check in Progress, for duration of Security Check Files will not be available.

-CD Economic Reports

- Open File 'Military Expenditures 10, 421AE'

Spoiler

-2 units of heavy infantry are recruited with Imperial training/equipment. 50kC, 4T, 2A, 10M

- Open File 'Balance Sheet 10,421 AE'

Spoiler

-Log Out

-Logging Out Successful

--------[Insert Password here]-----

ooc: it is a bad stat post but I am doing this on an ipad ok.

SHATTERED SUNS
Year 10.423 AE

Night Falls
====-----<<>>-----====
“Gaze.” The Mindbender swung the captain’s body around as if it were weightless. “Gaze. Your House. Your Ships. Your Baron. No More.” The Palace burned, Kaumai burned, the World burned, the Galaxy burned. Above him, he could see the Imperial Ships in orbit succumb to fire, engulfed in inferno as they were overwhelmed or forced to retreat. “Know me. I did this.” The creature turned the captain, forcing him to look into its four eyes. There was a sharp pain in his mind, so much pain- and fear. He tried to scream. Then there was nothing.
Events

THE FALL OF NAHKI
“A monument to your glory, Lord!” “A monument to those who would resist Heaven, San’var.”

AJY3OW_0IWuqM1TYE93FmWxMLcKrbUNgNvHMA71seaNGXGLnUyumURhdB7bh4NvCg7JH2-6iOEzEt0kDHadPu3NPS6YwTCW3rNy5Z8hNJEbqjTNgi_yBc0oDcxUfAOWl3ZaobwVq

As the Colonial Garrison of Nahki stretches its resistance into a third year, the Heavenly Emperor grows ever more impatient with every passing cycle. Finally, the Emperor assumes direct command over the siege of Mo’an-tal. In a surprising turn of events, the whole of the Atuan army is withdrawn from the mega-city, allowing the defenders much needed breathing space. That is, until the Heavenly fleet enters positions in orbit, and over the next three days, the whole of the colonial capital is systematically and indiscriminately glassed.

Where once stood one of the Galaxy’s largest cities is now nothing more than a glorified pile of rubble- a tomb for millions. Of those who survived the glassing and subsequently surrendered to the Atuan forces, few have actually been taken into custody, with most being executed on the spot.

With Nahki having fallen, The Heavenly Emperor has declared that the rest of the Colonies will soon follow. The Heavenly fleet does not dwell long over Nahki’s surface, already preparing for its next foray into Colonial space.

THE CLOUDS BREAK

“Since when do we allow women in the Senate!?”
0IH2wxiStbRSRDgA6dw2_A98vPGVqKPeQY5YJ9oXwl1KHF5XrMUATilhNQj-d72xBnf9SwhWRRvbDRZUjtbSo2YRjMjwPikuHEaISbgoGxnKfJwWCKlsB0pmfeytjFxQ2lOvYpLt
After more than a year of politiking, internal disorganization, and other shenanigans, the Republic’s elections finally conclude, and a beam of stability shines through the ever gathering clouds. The elections see the widely popular Grand Admiral Pepe re-elected to the position of Tanu Kavan, Senator Nikau of Badab elected to the position of Kavan Te (After securing the votes of the Separationists), and Oh’ran, the Merchant representative, elected as Kavan He-Ai.

The elections have seen the Republican position within the Senate weakened considerably, losing three votes to Badab, Ushen, and the Separationists respectively; a change of landscape which only narrowly allows them to hold a plurality rather than the slight majority they once had.

THE COMING OF SAN’KLAU
“HO HO HO!”

7BxUQ1WdbAosdra-dUgoxy49Maheze9-ajcdFk4enEtN5mmfBLHzTtxIN471olOkFDwiPaB4hzD85NibZ56xrMoDbP64ACvKXERwvwiy2iytn3Wnp7SnRJcQVcbEZP_sjxoQdLs0
A tale as old as humanity itself, it is said that once every thousand years the legendary San’klau visits every one of the Empire’s worlds from deep space- delivering presents to all the patriotic and xeno-hating boys and girls. For those on the naughty list, who have consorted with traitors and non-humans, they can expect only rotten peas under their pillows.

In preparation for this historic event, patriotic and xeno-hating boys and girls all across the galaxy rush to spit on Matareka’s name and curse the Star-Breaker Erasmis, going to bed so full of excitement for the presents that will surely await them in the morning..

Altaire

More contractors pick apart the battle site west of the one surveyed last year. This system appears to contain much less wreckage, either whittled away by scavengers over the year or simply filled with much less activity during the war between Altaire and the FWA. Nevertheless, they locate a handful of useful hulls.
1 BB - 125,000 C / 100 NP / 15 M / 5 T (2 turns)

1 CVE - 20,000 C / 10 NP / 5 M / 1 A (1 turn)

5 DD - 5,000 C / 2 NP / 0 M (1 turn) (priced individually)

Stilicho does not receive any actual artifacts, but he does receive more than a few leads talking about a shipwreck within Altaire’s space which is always a hive of activity for folks interested in that line of work. Some even say the late Tarau Naei had an interest in the site - before his mysterious disappearance!

WAR! (Discord)

San’Klau delivers presents to all the good boys and girls! (+100,000 C)

Fal’s World

Spiders spin webs in the shadows.

United Vennendal

The Invasion of ERTC space begins. As the Vennendalische fleets cross into foreigns space, they stumble into a lightly defended industrial system. The handful of ERTC ships in the system manage to slip away before the Vennendalic fleet can properly stop them, but the planet, devoid of any real defenses or defenders, is quickly surrendered to the Vennendalic invaders.

As the invasion begins, the ERTC declares blockade against Vennendal, and offers substantial bounties to any and all who are willing to prey on Vennendalic shipping. With this declaration comes widespread blockade from much of the Republic. A major exception to this is the Grand Admiral Manhuera, who states that he will simply not blockade his son-in-law’s domain. (+50% cost to buy goods)

Furthermore, Vennendal receives word that Universal Security has allegedly  been contracted to intervene.

Grand Duchy of Alamar

The Starbreaker inches ever closer, and the Dryden’s pray his warfleets never set their domains within their sights.

Orteau

The Teniert’s will it and so it is done. Contractors swarm to the Graveyard, eagerly drawing up lists of what could and possibly couldn’t be salvaged from the endless wrecks. The results of this surveying is indeed uplifting, despite the fact is a widely acknowledged opinion that it would be impossible to restore Heaven’s Hammer. Despite the sheer amount of contractors, there is still more than enough wreckage to pick through and potentially locate more usable hulls.
-1 HBB - 200,000 C / 1 HP /  25 M / 10 A / 20 T (1 turn)
-2 BB - 140,000 C / 150 NP / 15 M / 5 T (2 turns) (priced individually)
-1 CV - 125,000 C / 125 NP / 15 M / 5 T (2 turns)

Rewi

The Kaitiaki Ora

The Stealth ship goes dark, and does not return from USSC space.

Ushen

The Barons accept (DISCORD)

Castrillon

Badab

The Dominion receives a horrifying communique from the Pirate King, Aokigahara, namely a video of a man that the Department of Defense will easily recognize being forced to pull out his own organs as hot irons are pressed into his back before he is vented into space.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

THE ALAMARAN MANDATE

7nZ1BuOZYzWSUT5y4X-tnL1mPBYYwLt99plUT3xmByC6-7pgn4YWAhSLFGEPDY6Rf8zUARUkfTprA3wf4lNF5FYnxmZpdy_up_nV1lDf05emZCPohtf0oH4uzjNRWqhC6QuR-E4d

TO THE RENEGADE ADMIRAL ETEROA

IN THE NAME OF THE LORD REGENT KALEI FOLAU, YOU ARE HEREBY CALLED TO ACCOUNT FOR YOUR DEFIANCE OF IMPERIAL LAW

IN THE NAME OF THE LORD REGENT AND THE LORDS OF THE REALM, YOU ARE COMMANDED THUSLY:

I. You will immediately accept the TREATY OF ALAMAR, at which time you will be recognized as a Diadoch of the Enduring Empire, a title to be passed to your sons and your sons’ sons.

II. You will immediately relinquish all worlds within the lawful IMPERIAL DEMESNE, outlined thusly:

unknown.png

UNTIL YOU HAVE RECTIFIED YOUR BEHAVIOR, YOU ARE HEREBY DECLARED AN ENEMY OF THE EMPIRE. IT IS THE DUTY OF ALL PATRIOTIC CITIZENS TO DO YOU HARM.

WHILE THE GREAT HOUSES STAND, SO STANDS THE EMPIRE

Edited by Zanderaw

Grand Duchy of Alamar

Year: 10,422

Overview and Story

“They are filthy unworthy life in our galaxy . . . but they scream like us. I’m putting in for a transfer.” - Private Kai of of the 24th Penal Guard, Xenos Menial Extermination Platoon

Admiral Ngata would stand in the orbital defence platforms over the newly acquired military world that the Alamarii had inherited from the failed Stellarchy that once bordered it, now dangerously bordering the starbreaker himself. Overseeing the planned defences and fleet expansion to hopefully repel an attack should it come, an attack not led by the mindbender at the very least. Retrieving his data tablet he would cycle through various reports of the utilisation of xenos labour, then prompt execution of the subjects in the effort to fortify the world. He’d turn to his agitant “I believe the Stellarchy is going to receive a rude awakening, perhaps sooner rather than later.” he’d tell him with a sigh as he’d continue the work.

Meanwhile on Alamar….

Albert would sit in the throne room of the great chamber in the ducal palace on Alamar, he’d listen to the various petitioners of his system seeking his favour, seeking relief or simply seeking funds from the Alamarii treasury for some schemes that they claim can restore the empire. While he listened his military advisers who would be silent hand him documents, data tablets so that he may monitor the economic and military situation in the Stellarchy as well as various other activities that only he was privy to. “Enough.” he’d say out loud “Court is over today, send your petitions to the chamberlain.” the Grand Duke commands.

The Grand Duke retreats into a study along with his brother Lucas and other advisers, he’d address them “We border the Starbreaker now, Alamar is now closer to the frontlines than it ever was in the last fifty years! Tell me how could this happen, how could you let this happen? How did we not know the Northern March would fall within a year!” He barked at his subordinates, most of them continuing to stand at attention, none seeking to answer what they thought was a rhetorical question. “Never mind that, we are the provisional capital of the Empire as it stands. Tell Ngata that I expect results from him now more than ever, if the Starbreaker chooses to invade he better die in the system than retreat.”

Lucas would step forth and speak up to his elder brother “It might be wise to begin stockpiling certain resources, we may need to cause another increase in food prices. It might hurt the wider galaxy but we need the funds to fortify the border worlds.” he says addressing all around him including the officers who advised the Duke, hoping his voice may calm his brother.“Perhaps, but this year is not the year, our allies are suffering due to the increased prices. I will bring it to the next session of the Hui Araki, see if we can’t get a measure of support there.” Albert responds “I can’t believe Teniert is now further from the border than us now, the tables can turn rather quickly these days. See that he gets another case of the whiskey, we will need to butter him up as we might need his support if his fleets survive the campaign against the imbecile in the labyrinth.” 

“I’ll make sure the Tenierts are taken care of, as for your nephew I will speak to him concerning help with border security, he thinks the world of you our Lord Regent so we might as well see if he values family as much as the others.” Lucas says to Albert, the Grand Duke nodding to Lucas before turning once more to his advisers “As for the rest of you, bend every rule, search every nook and get us the credits we need to expand the fleet and legions. I’ll turn the frontline into another Buath but in our favour if I have to.”

Expenditure 

ZUUqFXaJhetWua4dRdiv0zxOzlIqQ-Gkn7lltfSzZbK5qobU4i5eiM-AQF1yqkvJmxnkZZsqx5UjImzvUtUaJyehPVt5msSDbx5rFNQuEYtLNkfZ-jVvbRHYXDO7fTzUCTS3XHvU

Twenty three destroyers are laid down this turn. [230,000 C, 94NP]

Thirty freighters are laid down this turn [7,500 C, 6NP]

[REDACTED 10I]