A Final Warning

Terry

Andrik looked from the steps of his residential home, watching his children play in the Royal Garden's as his wife, Nikoleta (@zuziee), tried to keep them under control. The Duke of Akovia  chuckled lightly before receiving the missive, stating an official declaration of war with the newly formed Tripartite Accord and the Holy Orenian Empire. Andrik's smile turned, the sound of children playing turned into horrifying screams on the field of battle, and he suddenly felt worried. He'd seen this coming with the recent politics of the world, but no one had prepared him for war. The young diplomat went inside without a word, and for the first time since the birth of his first child, Andrik actually prayed...

In the frozen holding of Kazstadt, an old and overweight veteran looked upon his many medals and accolades. Despite never really wearing them, Robert still felt the need to shine them every week. All though his body was far past its prime, and even physical capability for that matter, the Sergeant was always a disciplined man at heart. When word of the war came to him, the Baron of Otistadt smiled widely. He'd been preparing for this moment his entire life. The inner hatred for the wig wearers had bred him into the man he was today, and finally destiny has run its course. He would fight in this war, even if it killed him. "Shut the gates and shine my armor" he told his Butler. "We're finally going to war..."

Maxim marches forth from Karosgrad along with his assigned contingency of Haeseni soldiers as they make way to wage war on Oren - a big smile on his face, kept oblivious to the imminent devastations of war.

"KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM!"

Mera Camian looked out her window and kicked her feet up on her desk, feeling rather indifferent about the whole business at hand. "I am no fan of wars, but sometimes violence is the way forward, I suppose."

Alisa Camian cackled in the afterlife at the reemergence of the alliance she had spent many of her years maintaining.

"My dear Lay-Siblings, protect over me as I lend my blade to the Kingdom of Urguan" The young elf spoke as he daydreams

"Haense is gettin' readeh fer war!" the Thain of Honeyhill and loyal subject of Haense would yell out the door of her burrow to alert the village.  "Make sure we're well s'ocked wit' drinks!" she would add before disappearing inside once more to scheme.

Varis smirks. "It takes 100 dwarves to kill one human, an army won't do anything. They can ask for our surrender now, but soon..." Varis chuckles. "They'll be begging us to accept theirs."

Hieden The Fat chuckles heartily and long, his belly wobbling menacingly to and fro. “Much work tae be done, much work…” and with that he would waddle off into the night. 

"Ah can't wait ta crush da filt'y ummris!" Khenarlum Doomforged yells "Ah did nae want any war, but t'ey did! T'eir fault!"

"Pah! The Halfmen!" a shocked Orenian farmer mutters "My farm is in that region! What am I supposed to do?"

"If the Orenian Empire collapses, I hope the remains of Oren embrace republicanism, democracy, social justice, and freedom rather than returning to noble squabbles and inherited authority." Faizah Rutledge comments, distancing herself from the turmoil occurring in Almaris and refusing to take sides.

Upon receiving the missive, a wide grin formed on Kane Redfist's face. "Aye! Looks loike we're goin' to 'ave fun!" he chuckled while looking at the severed hand of an Orenian that was on display in his office. The man made his way outside and turned to some of his men that were gathered on the square. "Make sure ye 'ave yer armor cleaned an' weapons sharp! Teh war... Is 'bout to be so much more fun!" he paused "Let's go an' an teach 'em tha' buckets don't belong on heads!" Kane exclaimed on an excited tone before making his way over to his armory as well.

Kristofer Vuiller smiles and laughs after reading the signature of 'Banjo', "I have much respect for Haense, and even the Dwarves, save the Irehearts, but that..." He points to the signature, "That kills any moral argument they have. The Ferrymen are nothing but bandits. I'm surprised that King Sigismund III would sign his name next to that one's."

[OOC] I'm not really part of this ICLY, but I just wanted to say that is some good ******* writing that I rarely see in forum posts these days; I never been so happy about a roleplay document before.

Short, concise, and it states each point with great precision.

I'm bookmarking this to soothe my soul at night.

"With the new Emperor, it seems the Holy -- or perhaps it is so now Unholy -- Orenian Empire forgot the golden rule that a declaration of war 'pon anyone or anything means every nation on the planet will form coalition against you... Phillip III should've asked a historian, rather than stocking his cabinet with the ambitious and the capricious." Considered Hugo Horst"Alas. So 'tis the nature of bawbling men to quest forever to bring down the giant, of so dormouse valor and unashamed yond those gentle fools would flock like rats to a pack and gloat all the same as fattened hogs, ripe with lard and bluster, red of cheek, to indulge greedily in the blood of fellow men. There is no pride in war. No valor. No glory to be had or to be shared. The act of killing is simple, but 'tis the act of building that poses dare, and so when men speak words of violence you shall know this: 'tis of failure to create rather than of means to destroy, for war is the principle of the oaf and of the infant, and we as men shall all outlast."

Falador Frostbeard beats his chest in anticipation, mimicking a rabid ape. He would appear eager to please his forefathers; Karl and Gorum Frostbeard.