COMING TO A CROSSROAD

Masouri

Ser Charles happily clapped his hands within the silence of the tavern- he had hoped with the publishing of this declaration more activity would come to visit him to share drinks with. He knew full well that the remainder of the war he would be killing those he drank with, yet he was content for the time being.

Ivan var Ruthern sent a letter to the legendary Banjo, "Can we share beers here?"

High Prophet Norli believes that the tavern was blessed by Anbella, to be a safe haven in such grueling war.

An elven menace wonders what kinds of beer they have...

Spoiler

not going to respond in RP, honestly probably shouldn't be responding at all, i have a major project due for my finals  soon and it's 2  AM :*)

but this  is really awesome, i'm really happy to see both sides trying to make this as not-toxic  as possible during this  war, i do hope it continues, love y'all!

The woman grinned behind her maroon mask at the statement of neutrality! What bliss it would be to finally catch a proper drink with old and new ferrymen friends. Though, shw did hope no barfights would break out and ruin the state of neutrality. If so… she would personally break the knees of both parties until they behaved. 

She thinks of a certain woman whom she had met, donning a similar a mask but of green. She owed her dinnah. Perhaps now she could do that in confidence of not being killed. The medic makes a mental note to bring dessert! (@Twinny)

Spoiler

This is so amazing of you guys to do. I’m really glad that we can all work together to improve this community. I missed rping with so many of you. You cannot avoid getting drinks with me anymore! Especially you, @The60th!

Spoiler

Major respect to the Ferrymen for this decision. Bandits with class, I tell you! 

2 hours ago, Masouri said:

COMING TO A CROSSROAD

cyVE81d_S6mxxWc7xawu0QUGqSd3zpS6AovKlyCF-OPiOB1jpRYcmGNUNBmva5yxp_f__7_eA11nLgocrjjc4vjoSVQWTpI7QVmsJiKgc-HtHuku_o44e_WrhmkfepQoww

A depiction of the Destiny’s Crossroad tavern, circa 54 SA

To the Government of the Holy Orenian Empire and those whom it may concern,

It is a common occurrence that my men and I patrol the vast roads of Oren hoping to catch a straggler out in the open or perhaps one of your patrols. One landmark that I have become familiar with is the roadside tavern named ‘Destiny’s Crossroad’ which is considered a midway point in the journey to the Orenian Heartland. Instead of this tavern bustling with people, it has shamefully become a place of conflict as two belligerents fight for control over the surrounding territories. 

I cannot say that my men are innocent of responsibility, but it is neither fully our own. It is my belief that in times of war, where our judgement may be clouded, that we stick by the tenets of The Ferryman; to be just and fair. It is with this conviction in my heart that I declare Destiny's Crossroad Tavern to be a place of neutrality, so it shall not be degraded by insolent men.

Therefore we declare and shall uphold these terms,

I. The Ferrymen shall not ransack or loot the Destiny’s Crossroad tavern - ending all aggravations towards it directly.

II. The tavern shall become a beacon of light in such dark times of war; Ferrymen shall be allowed to use it willingly and freely.

III. People caught outside the tavern and its roads leading to and fro are counted as fair game and may not seek refuge inside the tavern from our steel, as such would go against its neutral state.

IV. So long as Orenians do not use the tavern to house their soldiers or use it as a fort in both defense and offense, The Ferrymen will uphold their declaration.

V. If in some way this declaration in good faith is abused or loop-holed, the declaration shall be annulled.

Signed humbly,

4Igc9auBVD8Iz7oG_uTPeGh_X9UUlscZiHppeaf3r1-hDa_tzQ73YQkkvfrZ48pGUvEayKaFTu2p68VvEw5NGtHCPbR1VHOsE2pEHFVqS5DN36ErlpNvJH8Dr6WYJnlsTg

Banjo, The Captain of the Ferrymen, Savior of the Common and Free People. 

Ser Charles Alexander of the Ferrymen, Auctioneer and Head of Intelligence

Reveal hidden contents

@Nectorist @Imperium @JoshBright

We understand that war time on LOTC may create a toxic and overall not fun environment for those who wish to simply roleplay and enjoy the server for how it is. Joshbrights post really made us put our heads together to find a way to appease each of our communities equally. We concluded that this declaration and it’s terms is an effective way for people to still enjoy their niche roleplay while allowing the members of our community to continue their banditry antics.

Perhaps the boys in green will pay a visit here and then so long as drinks are on the house.

[!] A massive would be returned to the sender 

"All shall be welcomed in the tavern and your conditions will be upheld, due to your kindness in the time of war drinks will be on me for your first few visits"

the massive would be signed 

Spoiler

i woke up to this after having passed out around 4 hours ago and i started crying, thank you. i would do a longer reply but I'm about to pass out again, might expand it in the morning. if one of my workers are these and not myself let them know i will reimburse them all mina +20 

signature (2).png

Spoiler

Ooc: it has been plaguing my mind recently how this war has turned once friendly people sour to each other. Reading this, and the outpouring support for josh in the past day has brought me near to tears. I’m so happy that your group has come to an agreement for the sake of one of us. No matter what, it’s all RP. Thank you!

Spoiler

based

A Providence City burgher decides to travel down south and enjoy a beer at the tavern in the Destiny's Crossroads Autonomous Zone (DCAZ)

Reluctantly, The Grunt of Stone Tower nods his head slowly. "Aye, Capt. It woulda' do good to know who we be' keelin and dyin ta all da time."

Edited by hiiampal

Philip III prepares to get a drink at Jarad's Tavern!

Spoiler

Really great gesture from y'all. Big props to @Masouriand all the other Ferrymen. During wartime things get heated, but honestly the average, everyday players on the server are what makes LoTC the place it is. Great to see an amazing guy like JoshBright getting recognition here

Nicole wakes once more at the bastion Barracks, Another Night away from her warm home in the Vuillerian estate, she gets up from a tired night of quiet thoughts of the outcome of this war, win or lose she was more than willing to put her life on the line, not for the Empire but what she and her family cared for, home. Standing outside the bastion she hears her uncle weep and cry screams of pain, she runs out only to see him celebrating along with her father;

"What's going on?"

Her only words, as she sees a happy uncle dancing and flyting about, as she grabbed the wet teared missive from the ground, a neutrality treaty for the tavern her uncle fought, sweated and built for him and himself. Even if it was just a tavern, she knew it better than anyone, it was her get away, her home of homes. To see it gone would of crushed her too, she felt the pain from her uncles tears the day before, and she wanted to find a way to secure his legacy and testimony of hard enduring work. Though in her mind she became bewilder by what the other side did, and bewildered she was. Nicole smiled on her uncles excitement, but upon reading the missive, she knew what was going to follow next, either way, the missive gave her hope, something she really needed in this trying time in her life, hopefully, if she survives this, she could share the delicious milkshakes her uncle makes, knowing they will always be there for her, now and forever.

"Kind words, and true honor from such men, My uncle deserves it, his work and his long life legacy will now be safe in the hands, God has protected his legacy and testimony, maybe one day he will be more than just a tavern worker, but now he's is happy, and that too makes me happy. Even if they are dwarfs, or humans of other cultures, they have one thing in common, Honor . 

Spoiler

OOC: I remember seeing the post about the offensive attack on southbridge and the first person I brought it to was josh, that day I felt bad, because I felt as if i made him panic. and i too thought this war was going to destroy a players hard earned grind of two months or so, in just a day. It made me realize that wars are (and can be) very toxic, and i know that i participated in a war before this; But at the time it never seemed anything like this, where a nation took something from someone, and seeing how that affects a player was rough, so seeing this makes me happy and brings me to tears, as i see a community recognizing a hard grinded rp spot from a player, and knowing that they should not take such things from set player because of a war between two nations. I find this based and I find it heartwarming from the other side to do such. 

I cant wait to click, but I also cannot wait to rp as well with you guys, as I have many friends from there as well 

Stay based ferrymen

<3