[✗] [Magic Lore] - Runesmithing, the Art of Creation

BDanecker

+1. Runesmithing has long been missed by the dwarven community. Staff has continually rejected its return, and for mostly good reason, but I think this rewrite is simple enough to be easily understood and leaves very little possibility for the abuse that the LT fears, while also filling a void in the magics available on the server

General Lee Sir, I have no division..

+1 As a new player hearing all the stories of the old Runesmithing and some actually non-lore breaking uses that runesmithing took part it. i would really love for this to come back. Bdanecker and the others working on it have been amazing always listining to ST feedback and changing it to their liking. I really hope this is the last post, for it to be accepted.  

Edited by TheWaffleEater2

5c6.png 

im putting that material blacklist back up

F897EE95-E9A5-4612-A4C6-D80E7D1A2F84.gif.98f84837390678cbfa6c61e76fc09e2c.gif

All jokes aside, it’s legit all or nothing. Let’s pray this round proves fruitful!

+1

Ive read this countless times, and I must say its is so very well written. Runesmithing is a very important part of historical Dwarven lore, and I feel this has great potential to bring not just more rp to the dwarven corners of the server, but also bring great quality rp. Afterall, thats what we want right?

2 hours ago, BDanecker said:

Beings that are not from the mortal plane such as Inferi or voidal creatures are also excluded as they lack the ability to comprehend The Material Alphabet. 

Some higher inferi (ones smarter than imps) can learn and understand the Material Alphabet as seen by the ability to learn alchemy and blood magic.

5 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

5c6.png 

im putting that material blacklist back up

Hes Already Dead GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Absolute +1

You really are untiring friend. I hope all your effort and hard work will pay out. You've been a beast, working hard to make craftsmanship and quality roleplay an insignia of dwarven roleplay. I have my fingers crossed and hope this lore piece is the first of many to come to bring back a major part of dwarven culture and history. 

hope its compatible with deity magic

1 hour ago, twinwolf1 said:

hope its compatible with deity magic

Sorry stinky paladin but the power of the mind is reserved for dwed who aren’t xan toe lickers 

13 hours ago, BDanecker said:

A further exception is with deific magics/connections, as they are already dedicated to empowering their deity, unable to embrace a concept so wholly to where their thought gives it power because its already doing so for their deity.

based bdanecker