reserved

Unwillingly

Can we please get rid of the hideous forum spam that is commenting “r” or “reserved” on posts?

Most of you know what I’m talking about, but for those of you who somehow aren’t familiar, I’m referring to a common trend on the forums where a post is made, it gets a ton of people browsing it, and suddenly instead of RP-replies, people start spamming “r” or “reserved.” It’s the LOTC forum equivalent of people on youtube or instagram commenting “first” on newly posted content.

Most of the time when these r-spammers comment, they never actually change their “r” into RP content. It stays as “r” for who knows how long, and on the slim chance that they actually do go back and edit their comment, no one’s even viewing the page anymore. For the people who don't go back and edit their comment at all, it stays that way and is seemingly never hidden or removed. Like, honest to god I would rather see meme-RP than r-posting, because at least meme-RP is funny

People only do this so they can be first in line to get rep on their comment. It’s ugly forum spam and moderating it would hurt literally no one

A new rule wouldn’t even have to be added to ban reserved-posting. Like, these rules are already in place, they just need to be enforced

ZJa1B6__oq0NrKbif8i6jYf0CXQi-LZB2KLWAI6nmJTQL2PEjwPndlG52fkSlHQG6OZDWz4gXVzZy4htuS5EEa53RxkJfDJ2COVzOOFAkRBmTtdFvK8SONoDnPt9bpzoqDKNNGNx

jkpSc9WovtE4InNHU4W91yC99Qi4njOROmH4E0nZmwe296o9sWFlyQBJTV-AMkFLpl37TNAFE7G0AUKqiqiLp18ynRGiASFo0oxKaM_4AhoFBDokSSZ4miSHLVT_wY-7w8BtEaxR

No I'm not implying that we make all forum RP follow these guidelines, because I don't expect everyone to meticulously type out a detailed, character-developing response to every post, just that the r-posting is moderated so RP posts can stay clean of spam. 

here come the wave of genius comedians who are going to type r and submit reply

@Disheartened

This was brought up in mod manager chat today actually - funny you mention me in it.

I have no problem hiding them if they pass 24 hours of being up without update. It's just that we don't really see them all the time. If there are any posts you want us to clear out of the reserved posts (when they have been sitting), just report it so we can view and leave a comment on it if there are multiples so that we know to look through all comments.

25 minutes ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

here come the wave of genius comedians who are going to type r and submit reply

Pointing Rick Dalton | Know Your Meme

R-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously tho, stop with the "R's" you degenerate narcissistic zoomers

Edited by The Great Mongol Khan

r you going to be mad if i leave an r 

Just make it illegal.

You can get warned for describing your character as "the knight" or whatever instead of explicitly naming them, but leaving "r" on every thread is a-ok. It's ridiculous. 

Usually they haven't even r'd themselves into a good spot either. "Ahyes, I've saved myself position 5 on page 3. Thank God I didn't end up in position 8 on this irrelevant page like a total rube."

I looked at someone's forum profile the other day. More than half of his posts on his front page were just r. 

I likely solely speak for myself, but as a newer member of the community I simply took it to be part of the forum culture and a quicker way to go back to a post you mean to check in and respond to when you have the spoons to do it. (Okay, that last part was definitely for me, as I certainly have several pending posts I need to respond to aaaaaa) 
I absolutely see your point and will attempt to rectify any I've done as quickly as I can. Thank you! 

lets get rid of them honestly dont see why people need to reserve their response to a minecraft forum post lmao

1 hour ago, Zacho said:

lets get rid of them honestly dont see why people need to reserve their response to a minecraft forum post lmao

because they're speshul and the mineman telepathy quips to rack in +1s are very important to the server's ecosystem