The Ruthern Abdication of 404 E.S.

louislxix

1RH_ZyULWLjx7TaTKx4O7xnH0GX90BGtOdR6_zpfgnVJTsc4TRjvywSQq62nuGkMuSEcxZhVT4l2DN_Ro5f0qMup9FCCsVMWW6s4KedKZL6bnX4nQcPLr71buAtV-y31ek3Plb0B

The Ruthern Abdication of 404 E.S.

To the people of Hanseti-Ruska,

More often than not it is seen as common for the passing of inheritance to occur after the death of a Lord. I have been the Duke of Vidaus since the year 384 E.S. since the passing of my father, who was shortly after joined by my wife. These passings left my first years of Lordship in dismay - years of inconsolable dolour that plagued my mind and repulsed wanting to leave me. Hence, my last wishes or thoughts upon my death bed would be ones of misery, knowing that I was to leave my own son in the same state I had been in. No son should have to lead a house carrying such burdens. So on this twentieth year of my Lordship, I hereby abdicate my titles and leave them in the safe hands of my firstborn son, Rhys Ruthern. He has grown to be a capable man, one who I completely trust alongside his wife, Marie Ruthern. May they reign over the house of Ruthern with nobility, understanding and kindness. 

While my Lordship has proved dutiful and fulfilled, it has not made me content. The tensions of Almaris have brewed to a zenith. And yet in this age, I find it exceedingly troublesome to manage both my Dukeship and the other duties which I have found bestowed upon myself. In this abdication - as my son becomes Duke of Vidaus, let it be known that I have only retired from the limelight of Lordship. King Sigismund knows what I must do, and it shall be done, for this Kingdom. Free from the burden of Lordship, what time I have might now be spared for other interests and duties - ones which my efforts can be fully fed into. This would be my newly granted rank of Field Marshal in this Urguani-Orenian war.

The war we find ourselves to be in, it is akin to a somnolent winter night.

If we shall persist and not falter.

I shall do my darnedest and see us victory.

May my son prosper as Duke of Vidaus, and I prosper in the field of battle.

Krusae Zwy Kongzem Iv Joveo Maan!

Signed

5m5TnmDNN6U5c_M3JfjhboMpym6fXHYHJqrJeGk4i3jYZQZxL2MRiRIEPaTVeF5HaHuQuIxPd1X2gSFa8ognXTLdIXbb-YKQPhiCXfIXcXiQBBZhr-F_OChmp8wm9ie-OvxtXQBk

Knight of the Marian Retinue, Field Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska

b7Y2OryNiDZrWXgyfIDtZQPgwU9lOktxhyRkf-yLeQHajebh0acA7L8nwsXjWtflqW64Pa-eE8wDgkkfl8H-y2IXMV5YdtgKBrfzQg8J7u117bg9fNTFkQTDGd5huZ5wAaJbLT6F

[!] Ser Ailred Ruthern circa 404 E.S.

Ivan Barrow reads the missive of his cousin's long-awaited abdication, he would journey back to Karosgrad to follow his  most dearest Field Marshal into battle.

Edited by Masouri

Angelika burst into tears, convinced that the reason her father was abdicating, was because he was sick and dying. 

Upon reading the missive, The Baron of Otistadt smiled widely as he heard news of his old comrade retiring from his Ducal titles. He knew that Ailred would lead well in the Field of Battle. Now Robert was the father of a duchess, and the grandfather of the heir to a Duchy. "Godan help Rhys... and Godan help Marie. They will do wonders as a team, I know it"

Marie sat upon the walls overseeing Vidaus and pondered. Would she be ready to take on the duties of being a Duchess? Of overseeing a family that has long been ingrained into Haeseni history? She wasn't sure. She was terrified, though she knew she must persist, as she always had - and as she always would.

Kaustantin chuckled as he finished reading the missive, he moved in his farmhouse to eventually pat the head of his firstborn daughter, Fenika, named after the Duke’s first wife and grandmother to the child.

”Oh… if vy only knew it all…” He whispered to himself with a crooked grin, despite everything he and Ailred went through, he was happy the man was finally at peace with himself and now dedicates his time for the betterment of this world.