The Chancellor's Report, 404 E.S.

garentoft

Spoiler

THE CHANCELLOR’S REPORT:

‘The Eve of War’

aX5360wrHd3VGPr1vNehAmKmllK1QbxpuWzYwr0Qg-w7P1AqmMQ6N6dgCLtrnDYmmSHP-wMohrxTPcCiLUrENR6T2fzSjAPSBspV9S0zJAr8sXby5p_jazz5_8waRuUkiqQnAdXr

BAR MAAN OVARE SYR

Issued by the

LORD PALATINE

On this 11th of Gronna and Droba, 404 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV E EDLEVRIK,

INTRODUCTION

As a boy, groomed for my inevitable position as Duke of Valwyck, I came to read the Chancellor’s Reports of my successors of yore, those written by the hand of Robert Sigismund, Georg Stanimar, and Terrence May. In many ways, they were a means for announcements, proclaiming different happenings of the Kingdom, appointments to positions, declarations, and the like. But I have never been much of a warrior, and perhaps not even much of a statesman, but I am a thinker, someone who yearns to reflect. That is what I intend to do with my own Chancellor’s Reports, they shall stretch beyond the realm of mere announcements, but delve into reflections upon matters at hand. My very own thoughts, which I dedicate to you, the Haeseni people.

THE EVE OF WAR

We stand in an uncommon situation. My father did not stand in this situation, nor did my grandfather, and I presume the same applies to many of you. You must indeed go all the way back to my great-great-grandfather, Duke Sigmar, to find my nearest ancestor who stood in this situation. We are at war. The Holy Orenian Empire, under their excommunicated Emperor, Philip Amadeus, has declared war upon our allies, the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. We act defensively to protect our allies, not even so, we heed the call of our High Pontiff, Everard VI. His Holiness did proclaim in his Poenitentia Incompleta that: “[it is considered] the duty of every Canonist to see you removed.” Not only have our allies been aggressed upon by the Emperor, but it is also our duty as the Fidei Defensor to head the call of the High Pontiff. We were left with no choice but to act.

It has been one hundred and thirty-six years since the last time the world was embroiled in a conflict of this scale, when our forefathers rose their swords upon the Nenzing Proclamation, riding south in the hopes to see their people returned to justice under Emperor Joseph I. The War of the Two Emperors was a long and devastating conflict that saw our Kingdom once more subjugated by the Pertinaxi Emperors, the blood of which still courses through the veins of their current Emperors.

We stood defeated in the War of the Two Emperors, but that was our last defeat. Over the last century, our country has grown, we have become independent, we have expanded our foreign diplomacy, our army is feared amongst the Nations, and our population is greater than ever before. We are not the Kingdom that lost the War of the Two Emperors, through the reigns of Josef, Henrik II, and now Sigismund III, we are a Kingdom reborn.

I have read much throughout my life, and one piece that I recall fondly is the Reflections of State (or; Some Fruits of Solitude), the reflections of Emperor Joseph II. He proclaimed that the Age of Heroes be long gone, and that the Age of Men, but I beg to differ. I do not see the difference between the two ages, the Footman of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, the merchant that travels Karosgrad, and the farmer of Lollybroch, they are not just men, but heroes in their own right. He, who protects the innocent, is a hero. He, who contributes to the growth of the Kingdom’s welfare, is a hero. He, who toils the fields to feed his family, is a hero.

We must not forget that the opposing side has the same heroes as ours, and that they are not the enemy. Then you may wonder, who is the enemy? The enemy is the men who spewed rhetoric threatening the independence of our Kingdom, rhetoric of united humanity. The enemy is the men who plotted to depose High Pontiff Everard VI. The enemy is the men that conspired to murder the Duke of Adria, Philip Aurelian. It reminds me of another quote from Joseph II’s dictates: “Let you take heed, John Charles, that an Emperor is the sum of the men which he surrounds himself with.”

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM.

THE HAURUL CAEZK REFORMED

Yet, we must not let the war at hand distract us from our internal prosperity, or from achieving the fruits of our labour. In truth, I think there is not a more fitting time for this to come, as we march south to defend our Kingdom from Orenian aggression. My grandfather, the former High Justiciar, Duke Matyas, had described the Haurul Caezk as: “The last great bastion of the Orenian Empire within our country. It is wholly Orenian, written by those who worked within Oren, and written by the Orenian mind. It must be done away with it, that shall be the ultimate declaration of Haeseni Independence.”

But by the initiative of King Sigismund III, the Haurul Caezk came to be reviewed, and my predecessor allowed me to begin overseeing a Committee for the Review of the Haurul Caezk, under which we began the long task of reforming and reviewing every part of the Haurul Caezk, until we have come to this, our final revision of the Haurul Caezk, a rebirth for the Haeseni Legal System.

With these new reforms, it is my hope that we shall bring new life to law within Haense. We are no longer burdened by the Orenian mentality that plagued our old law system, and can now move forward in building our new law with the spirit of Lady Haense guiding us forward. Let every man and woman do their part, as we grant ourselves a rejuvenated spirit of law.

ZVAS ASERETEM UDERZK NAUCAEZK HALVIN VE JURA I HAENZ.

CZAK DONA EAM, HERZENAS HAENZ

His Excellency, Eirik Baruch, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska, Duke of Valwyck, Count of Ayr, Viscount of Voron, Baron of Gant, Baron of Laval, Baron of Riveryn

nhAM2wVGFd0ZrHoepyXF6IOVL1Ad22xwUfoQ_hXW6cZt1uPDN8f-yut69nPBtr6QpLveFy3dv3Rio_pCYzQF3NmaARw970NShtrdG-kJ1JDG8P7-No1wQnkmDl4doD2QEgfyqgn7

Kaustantin Baruch sheds a tear, truly happy that his successor adheres to his glorious duty in such a time.

As he sat on a bench near his farm, the former Palatine uttered these words of meaning, the unity of the Highlanders to Protect their realm for schemers, heretics and whatever more Iblees dares to throw at the descendants of Joren.

”Krusae Zwy Kongzem.” He uttered firmly.

Barbara Morovar marvels at her mentor's report, though she did indeed struggle with some of the larger words and terms. The young erudite assumed it was all good things, though!

Andrik Jan Baruch would simply nod as he read over his nephew's public address, he then would return to lovemaking with his Hyspian maid Rosita

The forefathers of House Baruch would give their piovian seal of approval.

georgelopez.png

( @importanthippo @Sarmadonn @KIIWIKILLA)

Edited by Drew2_dude