A Farewell

TheMessenger

[!]

A note weighed down by a wooden carving of a raven would be found in both The Braided Beard and the legion hall. scrawled on them in wiry handwriting would be the words

"Consider this my formal resignation. Life in Urguan has become intolerable. War has turned decent folk into haggard old fools who would have no problem with chopping a brother's hand off if he were to poke you. Terminate my employment all you like. My house can be sold, I won't need it anymore. My axe left on my bedside can be kept as a memento, if you wish, I don't care. Urguan, who I believed were noble dwarves blindly waste resources and precious lives on a crumbling human nation. Answer me this: Are your losses worth it? Will you continue to think so when you crush Oren only to face Azdromoth's wrath? Was that not the point of the legion's activity? You lot have lost all sense. Apparently, it takes the eyes of a halfbreed to see the Grand Kingdom's own decline. I hope you lads are happy with your chosen path, because I know where it ends.

Resolutely, Bori 'Orckin' Balinsson."

Thumbrindal 'The Wise' Grandaxe looks over the missive as he shakes his head"Oi used to kill me own bret'ren durin war of t'e beards, durin Atlas w'en oi became a rebel in a hideout t'at sparked t'e new Grand Kingdom of Urguan, we foug't because we believed we could do bette', we foug't for a cause..."The Grandaxe let out a sigh"but oi will neve' sae t'at oi regret doin it, to protect me kin oi will dirte' me 'ands, condemn meself for me clan to survive. you mae turn yer back on Urguan, but ye also turned yer back on t'e dweds, for t'is ye mae neve' been forgiven... evere' nation 'as its flaw an' ye 'ave to learn to live wit' it or you won't 'ave a 'ome at all to return to... taek ca'e lad"The dwarf said as he smiled unto the beardlings gathered in his clan as he opened a book of 'Dwarven paragons part I'.