A Priestess' Probation

Burnsider

To Holy Sir Johann Vuiller @Harald, Father of the Canon, greetings. 

Your grandson, Kristofer Johann Vuiller @Cjmate8, was recently captured in a battle between the forces of Oren and the Coalition. Upon hearing news of the prisoners, I embarked on a journey to the Stone Tower, where I came upon your grandson in an honor duel with Bakir Ireheart. Upon losing the duel, your grandson lost his tongue and was branded on his palm. He was due to be executed shortly afterwards, but after I prevented him from bleeding out, I was able to convince the Son of Urguan to release your son. 

On condition of his release, I have taken on the burden of his punishment. If your grandson, Kristofer Johann Vuiller, fights once again in this war, I am to report to the Dwarves and my life will be forfeit. 

I know you to be a man of GOD, a man of the cloth, and a man of honor. I would request that you speak to your grandson and alert him of my probation, teach him what it means to be ruled by Anathemae, and convince him to sit out the rest of this war. He has already lost his tongue and almost died. Surely, he has done enough. 

Of course, he must do as his conscience dictates. 

Thank you, 

Ileana Sava Ursović, Presbyter

As Anastasya rushed through the city in an attempt to find more medics for the injured, thereafter running into the clinic with one trailing behind, she heard Ileana say, "Overthrow the Anathemae and there will be no more need of this." The young man of no older than sixteen, who had his tongue removed, had been receiving treatment in the other room at the assistance of Joseph d'Azor as Anastasya entered the clinic. Anastasya's eyes widened upon hearing this from the woman, amidst all of the chaos, whilst she stood in the level below. These were the last words she had expected to hear from a priestess, as an attempt to insight political discontent and further chaos. 

This was no member of the Church she used to look up to as a child, the people that she idolized as being the most holy and good in the world. "I pray for you," Anastasya shouted after her. "As I pray for any person who attempts to enact violence and chaos and claims it is in the name of God." After, Anastasya made her way through the streets and into the Church, knelt between the pews with hands clasped over a Lorraine cross, where she prayed, and prayed, and prayed. Perhaps the woman had good intentions seeing as she had been stained with blood (of whom she did not know), or perhaps none at all, yet she prayed nonetheless.

Spoiler

ps i love u burnsider

Edited by Eryane

The priestess had not even seen the Empress as the priestess stumbled out of the clinic in a state of utter exhaustion. Presbyter Ileana was covered in the man's blood, parts of her cassock missing as she had tended to and bound the man's wounds in Urguan, preventing his death. Her hands and body were covered in dirt and grime as she had fallen multiple times carrying the injured soldier back to New Providence all the way from Urguan. But none of that mattered. She had saved his life. She stumbled into the back of the church where the priests' rooms used to be and found an empty bed among the refugees. 

And she cried and cried. 

Joseph d'Azor set to work repairing the mans wounds as concerned cannoists set to work to heal their wounded brethren. "This is what the Pontiff and the Fidei Defensor support... this is their doing...." He waved a blood stained hand to the Presbyter as she sought to depart. Joseph d'Azor turned back to the wounded man as the priestess retorted back with no real care for the boy. "Overthrow the Anathemae and there will be no more need of this." 

Joseph d'Azor scoffed as he called out after her, the angered gaze of various members of her flock following her out the door. "You wish for us to overthrow our liege so the Pontiff would stop our people's torture!?! You should be ******* ashamed of yourself..." The priestess offered no more words as she sauntered back down the street, true cannonists shaking their heads as they set back to work treating their wounded brethren.   

Kristofer Vuiller lies in a bed within the city of New Providence, half-dead. He dreams of how much he despises Ileana. 

aae6ddb6b51aa8d8afc1226d16b6eb33.jpg

"Man fights against his enemy after declaring war upon them, after said enemy had already ended the war, and they are shocked at the outcome. I don't get it." said Walton.

Diana Vuiller would quickly rush over to the Vuiller estate to see Kristofer.

Little one! Goodness- I’ll see if I can find anything to help you.. Rev said not to leave the city…” She shakes her head as she flipped through her alchemy books..

Johan Vuiller would get the letter delivered to him as he was bedridden himself within the Vuiller estate. the aged priest having been attacked by bandits upon the road just days prior.. reading it over his heart would ache as he looked to all the paintings of those once lost of his close friends and comrades. portraits of three of his children also having upon the walls of those fallen "We have always been GOD fearing within this house.. true believers and followers of the Church and her laws.. but for the Pontiff to allow this.. to allow those he deemed worthy of the title of Fidei Defensor to draw the blood of canonist just because they are from Oren..  This is brining a rift to our faith that I haven niet seen since Laurence Jrent poisoned the Mother Church..." Johan would continue to weep during the night, getting aid to get moved to his grandsons bed side brushing over the boys head as he would be seated there whispering prayers to him until he boy was healed and well.. Asking his son Rev to aid him in writing a response on the matter..

Lord Rev Vuiller, the Baron of Vuillermoz looked to his youngest son.. having his hand form to a fist after leaving Kristofers room after some hours, the man looking to the statue of his grandfather Saint Harald.. "Guide us grandpapej.. as we need vyr guidance now more then ever..."

43 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

Joseph d'Azor set to work repairing the mans wounds as concerned cannoists set to work to heal their wounded brethren. "This is what the Pontiff and the Fidei Defensor support... this is their doing...." He waved a blood stained hand to the Presbyter as she sought to depart. Joseph d'Azor turned back to the wounded man as the priestess retorted back with no real care for the boy. "Overthrow the Anathemae and there will be no more need of this." 

Joseph d'Azor scoffed as he called out after her, the angered gaze of various members of her flock following her out the door. "You wish for us to overthrow our liege so the Pontiff would stop our people's torture!?! You should be ******* ashamed of yourself..." The priestess offered no more words as she sauntered back down the street, true cannonists shaking their heads as they set back to work treating their wounded brethren.   

"They continue and they continue to support and fight for those that have been ousted from the Church and cursed by the Faith, then scream victim at the truly faithful that are trying to put an end to this war." Moliana was growing more and more weary, listening on how much the people of Oren blindly clung to this idea of power and condemned those that saw reason.  "Do they not realize how this war will end once they dethrone the Excommunicated?  Do they not realize that their ignorance and inaction push this conflict on?"

Kristofer Vuiller would like to point out that the war began far, far before the current Emperor was even in power, but he couldn't because the Church and their Ferrymen allies cut his tongue out. 

5 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

"They continue and they continue to support and fight for those that have been ousted from the Church and cursed by the Faith, then scream victim at the truly faithful that are trying to put an end to this war." Moliana was growing more and more weary, listening on how much the people of Oren blindly clung to this idea of power and condemned those that saw reason.  "Do they not realize how this war will end once they dethrone the Excommunicated?  Do they not realize that their ignorance and inaction push this conflict on?"

4 minutes ago, Cjmate8 said:

Kristofer Vuiller would like to point out that the war began far, far before the current Emperor was even in power, but he couldn't because the Church and their Ferrymen allies cut his tongue out. 

Although Kristofer's tongue was removed, his eyes weren't.  He could have read the announcement of the Dwarves ending their aggressions with Philip II passing away and how Philip III was the one to continue the war.  It seems like there may be some devilry going on in his head...

1 minute ago, UnBaed said:

Although Kristofer's tongue was removed, his eyes weren't.  He could have read the announcement of the Dwarves ending their aggressions with Philip II passing away and how Philip III was the one to continue the war.  It seems like there may be some devilry going on in his head...

Kristofer, Revs son was just a child! he does not understand!

6 minutes ago, Cjmate8 said:

"The dwarves ended the war and your emperor restarted it by issuing that ultimatum." said Walton telepathically. "If the Vuillers fight for an excommunicant then they should be amputated from the church like the rest of them. They can not call themselves canonists whilst fighting for excommunicants, obviously their loyalty to the emperor outways their loyalty to god and they should be defrocked for this." said Walton.

"A priestess offers her life up to save an Orenian soldier, and their response is to, well, cope and seethe. They'll need to keep a careful watch of their hairlines if even someone doing them a favour makes them this irrationally angry," Jurgen muses.

Just now, Basil Moroul said:

"The dwarves ended the war and your emperor restarted it by issuing that ultimatum." said Walton telepathically. "If the Vuillers fight for an excommunicant then they should be amputated from the church like the rest of them. They can not call themselves canonists whilst fighting for excommunicants, obviously their loyalty to the emperor outways their loyalty to god and they should be defrocked for this." said Walton.

Father Johan Vuiller now truly understands that Walton has no clue what or who he is talking about