A Dispute of Custody

AnonymousAlexa

[!] A public missive is released in response to the ongoing custody battle regarding Ana’thil. The missive is stamped with the 'Ceru Clan coat of arms.

J-rADumyOOCSTd7ZZPhkFQByCcx_jDDfaz1AJZVBz2ZKAdI9jdhJpe1xwjd_w8A1G8bHtVpGn03gMZimZYmyQXWnd1VU3QjOqQiTtReNMN6C_d3495msCNh1PCQgcMvY_C4o3CkZ

“To Aver'wyn R'Ikarth de Melphestaus and her kin,

Just one Elven Day ago occurred a miraculous night of peace and celebration among our people. Just as the Imperials and Urguani had come together for one evening to celebrate Krugsmas, you and I had assembled to discuss the future of my daughter, Ana’thil, whom I so graciously allowed to raise conjointly with you. I was willing to compromise to account for my daughter’s wishes, and at the time, I thought you were too. On that night, we had agreed to a shared custody of Ana’thil, and shook hands on such an arrangement. Since, you have betrayed both myself and Ana’thil by retracting your agreement and forbidding me any contact with my daughter.

Despite how horribly you have wronged me, for the sake of Ana’thil, I am still willing to share her custody, though my patience for your antics is dwindling. Let me remind you once more of the circumstances which led to my guardianship of Ana’thil, and the incredible life I have given her. 

The day I first met Ana’thil was on the roads to Oren, certainly no place for a child to wander so freely, particularly with the current state of world affairs. Though my acquaintances and I were there to collect toll taxes for the Grand King, we could not, in good faith, demand such a fee from a child. Instead, I made her an offer which she willingly took without resistance. I promised her a better life with adequate protection and a proper upbringing befitting of a descendant of mali.

I took her to my home in Elysium, far from the current dangers of war. Even if danger arose, she was surrounded by some of the most skilled fighters on the continent who were always prepared to defend her from harm. In addition to providing her refuge from the horrors of war, I have spoiled her with both gifts and a haelun’s perpetual love.

With the recent sacking of Ephesius just over an Elven hour ago, the unsafety of Ana’thil’s homeland has become even more evident. If you truly cared for her wellbeing, you would immediately retract your recent statement and concede to the terms we had agreed on prior. With or without your permission, I will continue to see my daughter. This is your final warning.

From Ana’thil’s loving haelun, Elsil’Ceru”

Wynsehn Ò Dubhitean offers himself as a just lawyer for if the child feels abused by the imperial.

Offers a simple response:

"Elsil. I don't know what nonsense you're on about, and neither does our family. If you wish to try and steal children from families by kidnapping them, you should turn yourself into the law - not turn yourself into some kind of thief adoption center.  Approach my god child after stating your clear intent to steal the young Mali and you shall be put down with extreme prejudice. Do not write back, I have no desire to read anything from you further. Do not contact my niece either.

-M

Ana'thils grandfather perks a confused brow

"eh? You what mate?" 

Aver'wyn scans the missive, crumpling it in a ball and tossing it in the fireplace. She turns away from the burning paper, off to seek out her Uncle.