THE GENOCIDE OF THE MALI’THILL

Gemini

VsJtlEQ6KLBqPf5bZ7rdmz00RgUfvngdpns3XSwON0D-eA0AAkq7rnHcmta_qM1Mqm09riAwTa7120u9oAonMOsqwLR46oaR6LBtR9FV-64GrjDJrHsY23mYb2Jx-aIiy4nR3PHH

KMq-oW9To2y7gcvPdMeCO2dRQh0GDb_2pBQKzLRmFoQT_hSqJguJeqjqQYzy4tzM8oDFf_13iFRBN1VbBhEOr5R8fUd_fLDHAoGUska1RCTAkjKkBcJw6fl9zwrpumI8GudBf8lF

Genocide of Mali’thill

Written by Okarir’san, Usamea An’asul

22nd of The Sun’s Smile, Year 55 of the Second Age

Hunted, hated, murdered. Monsters are spilling our blood.

Dear Mali’thill, other residents of the most blessed Silver State and whomever this may be of concern, 

During my tenure as Okarir’san ito’Haelun’or I have seen missives, heard lies and witnessed lessers and Mali’ata sharing misinformation about our blessed bastion. I have come across enemies that wish to slaughter us and to decorate their necks with our ears. Brutal monsters spilling our blood around on whatever ground we walk on. We are hunted, persecuted for just existing. 

These vicious behemoths claim the realms would be better off without us, they claim we pour acid on everything we do not like. They claim us to be violent beings while having little to no idea what Maehr’sae Hiyulun’ehya truly means. 

We are not violent, we are not Mali that condone harming others. We are all but humble servants of the State, scholars dedicating their lives to studying and progressing oneself and the Motherland. It is impure to harm another sentient being out of hedonistic glee, one should always aim to resolve conflict with the use of one’s mind and verbal skills. One should rely on a sword only when one’s life is in danger or if someone is a threat to the well-being of one’s blessed body. 

It is true we are well known for our acid pits, however those are reserved purely to the most abhorrent such as murderers, beings siphoning the power of Iblees and those having non-consensual relations. We do not kill anyone for being impure, we just detest their presence and thus they are banished from our sovereign lands unless they are deemed salvageable; they are offered the chance to regain their purity, to be ‘thill once more. If one is beyond salvation, they may go seek life outside our lands, free from our laws. 

No one has been killed by a Mali’thill in over a century, however Mali’thill have been killed by lesser beings simply for breathing. Yet you dare to call us violent? 

Thus I implore beings of the realm to choose peace over violence, no more blood should be spilled over nonsense, over bickering that could be resolved over a healthy debate, a dialogue.

If our enemies keep spilling our blood, let me ensure that shall be the last thing you will ever do. While we detest violence, we will always protect ourselves even with force if necessary. 

I implore all other Mali states to protect one another, while we are different, we are all Mali, children of Malin. The Silver State of Haelun’or shall always offer refuge to Mali who are persecuted by other races. The Silver State is open to those who wish to learn, who will respect our laws and culture. We should stand together against common enemies instead of remaining to ourselves. 

No more blood should be spilled, the world is but crimson coloured from all these wars.

AY’LARIHEI

AY’MAHERAL ELESIA ELERVATHAR

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

gemisun.png

Signed, 

Okarir’san Usamea An’asul

Leanna Atmorice scoffed at the last part of the missive, as she was turned away a few weeks prior with disgust when she stood at the gates. 

Luthriel sighed, "I hope the writer of this missive means these words genuinely, because if so, that would provide hope to me that Haelun'or has not been completely taken over with madness.  At best, there are logical yet ignorant beings living in the Silver State.  And yet - I believe this is but another propaganda attempt.  Perhaps I ought to write a response to this."

Wynsehn looked on the missive confused on what 'genocide' means in a world that never had a convention on possible war crimes. Seems more like a normal slaughter of some unfortunate people, yet again he would toss the letter into a bin and carry on with his day. 

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

No one has been killed by a Mali’thill in over a century, however Mali’thill have been killed by lesser beings simply for breathing. Yet you dare to call us violent? 

One of those lessers calls a guest over from wherever nearby, simply laughing at the particular part of the missive as he shows it to them "At what point do you think they have gaslit so much that they are gaslighting themselves?" he questioned with a bit of a crooked grin 

@Moribundity

Every child asks philosophical questions.  They lie in bed at night, wondering if they are living in a dream.  They wonder what would happen if they could fly, up and up, forever into the night sky.  Would they ever hit a ceiling?  Adults love to glamorize the dreams of childhood, remembering the time when they, too, felt free to ponder.  And yet with childhood curiosity often comes darker thoughts, "Is there any purpose to my life?  Does it really matter if I am nice to people or mean to them?  What happens after we die?"

A young girl, bearing a mind warped by cruel intentions, was driven to question the very nature of morality.  For in this half-goblin's heart, she believed that suffering was the greatest good.  To cause pain, destruction, agony, was to do the morally correct thing.  And yet, she knew she had been manipulated by others into believing these things.  They took advantage of her orcish bloodlust, and cursed her further into a lifetime of moral agony.  She would never know what was right, what was wrong, or if there even was such a thing.

The young half-goblin, half-elf travelled around Almaris, searching for an answer.  She was met with moral relativism and nihilism, yet she continued searching for proof of the existence of morality outside her mind.  She swore an oath, never to help another, nor to help herself.  She would never hurt another, nor hurt herself.  She was to remain neutral until she had found the perfect argument, either proving the existence of morality, or disproving it.

With these neutral, knowledge seeking intentions behind her, she was driven to the Silver State.  As the 'ata was trapped in Haelun'or's gates, those around her scoffed and ridiculed her, while she simply sat in a corner, asking questions of the 'thill around her.  All she wanted was to understand why they believed what they believed.  Without any resistance, she was bound and taken to a cell, all the while attempting to converse with her captors.  Her quiet and young voice always asking the question, "Why?"  The pure 'thill could not withstand the burden of listening to such hideous words, so they gagged her.  Her words were hideous not because of the words she spoke, but because it was she who spoke them.

She was taken to a balcony, in front of the city square.  A crowd of onlookers watched as a rope was placed around the abomination's neck.  She simply pointed to the gag in her mouth, shaking her head, begging for a chance for last words.  In her mind, all she wanted was to debate, and if proven wrong, she would gladly place the rope around her own head.  Her silent pleas were denied, and she died a swift death.

Revived by the monks, she went on to live for several more years until she ultimately came to the conclusion that there was no morality.  Everything she had done, and everything she had hoped for, was dashed.  And she killed herself.

Somewhere in the afterlife, Rodya looked down.  She was happy, not because of where she had gone, but because of what she now knew.  For even if she was somewhere reserved for creatures whose bloodlust controlled them, for creatures who sometime attack travelers in a fit of blind murderous intent, she at least now knew that she had been right all along.  There was something good, and there was something bad.  It was as clear to her now as the fact that 2 + 2 = 4 was to her on earth.

Rodya looked down upon the Silver State, remembering shards of what had happened to her.  All she could recall, was that Haelun'or cared more about killing the impure than anything else.  For they purport to prioritize the pursuit of knowledge, and yet they forsook that pursuit in order to cull a child.  She hoped that everyone in Almaris could find a return to morality.

"Not even five years ago a defenseless Oem'ii has been slain by the foul Ata that now holds the title of Sohaer. There is nothing left that ties Haelun'or to the 'Thill. It is a false state built on death and lies, and any 'Thill would do well to disassociate from it and the 'Ata that serve it." Lynnette Ilyana Aldin-Túre stated upon hearing of this blatant propaganda

16 hours ago, Gemini said:

No one has been killed by a Mali’thill in over a century, however Mali’thill have been killed by lesser beings simply for breathing.

A wrath fills the young prince. "I saw pyres of ash at the center of your city. The bodies of my closest friends — tortured and burned alive by mali'thill. Speak your grievances, but do not lie so blatantly."

A rising Princess snorts in response to the missive "I believe they have so come to fool themselves with their lies at this point"