EVERARD'S PROMISE

Josef_Rippelberg

Spoiler

The author of this post has chosen to stay anonymous.

EVERARD'S PROMISE

t2cU5MOxhfePPk0hf7ISOuKgzbJkMlvcrY4DoaFYtaz-PwjX3SDDsAVYJ3ZWfY_BknkQV8327Yy6fbNiX6_-b3xrt7MbdsAb5LkjYh3PP6XZnt9rX3NKAjJSV7cmH4ramIkNuaVq

To Humanity,

There is no greater remorse as my pen touches this paper. We are ravaged by war, as the men of Horen my people have sworn to defend now face at odds. As I saw the barren bodies of my mortal kin lay upon ground, it came to me as a realization. No more. It plagues me, bringing a tear to my eye as would a sibling to another. In order to save humanity, the machinations of Everard VI must come to light.

Historically, the Vicar of God has been held accountable to none but God and the institution of faith. Just as Evaristus held to Clement dearly, so too has the Holy Pontiff functioned in clerical counsel to temporal powers, only to utilize reprimanding in the most extreme cases - one which we can see in James II’s Epistle to the Imperial Throne. Even after the penance was committed, this Vicar has predicated this “investigation” on the word of a man of our dragon knights, Antonius – one who he himself deemed a sinner. Why? The Holy Pontiff has utilized his office for secular greed.

The High Pontiff has only ever brokered deals within Canondom, again, with the example of peace sought and negotiated by James II in the Sutican war. When the Vicar of God lays in bed and strikes political deals with Apostates of Aengulic deceivers, how must we stand idle? Yet, I am thrown into travesty, as this is not the end of his machination.

This Vicar has branded my people as deceitful, yet embellishes in the same word that we have given to him, even striking deals with those he brands as the agents of Iblees. We are all aware of the accusations to the death of Philip Aurelian, yet one that is predicated on the mere word of my people, the same knights of the Titan that he has crusaded. Your Vicar will plead to you, insisting that his “investigation” was based solely on eye-witnesses. But I will bear to you one truth, that is, the verifying factor behind the letter, the investigation: everything. In order to gain substance, he had struck a deal to remove the excommunication upon us knights of the Arch-Drakaar. 

I bid you this, spawn of Horen: your Vicar is not accountable to God. He will lie to you, and bid you to burn this missive, but remember – one who trusts the word of our people, is equivocally their supporter. Remember this. We are not here to debate the sin of Philip III, but the division of Man so carefully spawned by the machination of Everard.

Blessed Aldric Del Riviere, pray for the reparations of this Holy Church.

A concerned citizen.”

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy smiled upon reading such. "Because of the secular greed of this so-called "High Pontiff" I have lost my Uncle and friends in this war where the pontiff vouches for his own people other then seeing the entire picture of the entire flock. I pray that by the end of this war, he will be silent on his death-bed; me or any other Orenian can never forgive him for the slaughter he has caused by his sudden turn of mind. And I pray he shall rot in the Void for it."

"Oh.. and now the Azdrazi are joining in on demented screams," Cardinal Francis grumbles, sighing. "Typical of the Azdrazi menace," he laments, before throwing away this paper. It lands in his waste basket, among others like it.

"The division of Mankind? You mean the one caused by the the Empress of Oren evicting Haense? Perhaps the one caused by Philip III separating Mankind in faith by appointing an anti-Pontiff? Which one do you mean, you prolix son of a syphilitic *****?" asks Jurgen!

A Wyrmstalker clicked her tongue, shaking her head.

"They wish to divide mankind further as the sun rises over the horizon - traitorous serpents, they shall be received as they so dearly deserve..."

Spoiler

629019310924365824.png.d1416f946eefdb561c73b7f4a699e54c.png

ALDRIC DEL RIVIERE attempts to stay dead in peace.