Was It All Worth it?

RaijenStars

Was It All Worth It?

SbVj9foFNe-m2GwWU97hjU13TJZVMJilIv6OMVs5p-icSVvfex3-VPwqVUOm0PyxMwj2N2-tt617VjTjXg1mFCGv_9VNAELZM4DEX-iyuuFQ8jPwF6HSfAVCXQ4q3D_xhOxnQgub

Johann Ludovar, Heir to the Barony of Otistadt in the nursery of the estate.

Johann Ludovar sat near the table of the nursery in Otistadt, keeping company to his three toddlers while they were sleeping. He was working, writing essays and documents, preparing for his new role.

How long did he lock himself up there? He does not remember… “Oh! The children!” He turned in panic to look for them “They are here… They are here…” he sighed in relief seeing them all still in their beds. He returned to the papers.

Why did he even marry her? Because of some prophecy? Was it all bullshit?

A ‘rock’, huh… Should he have ‘taken care’ of their ‘rock’ when he was first warned? No… He is not that kind of a man… Is he? No…  “THE CHILDREN!” He turned in panic again, getting up from his chair. They are still there… “They are here… They are here…” he said, calming himself, taking deep breaths.

He went back to his chair.

Was it because of him? He wondered.. She always said it was.. She always found a reason why he is at fault. Was she right? Is he a bad man?

The thoughts clouded his mind.

But everyone says she is at fault… Why? Why would she do that? What would make her do it if it is not because she was unhappy with him? He could not think of any other reason.

“Am I that bad?” he frowned. What about the children… Will he be a bad father as well? Will they leave him? Will they love him? Will they be happy? He must make them happy. Can he make someone happy? Anyone? Wait… “THE CHILDREN'' He turned in panic again to check, the three were still there… Sleeping peacefully…

He brushed his fingers gently on the cheeks of each one of them, one by one.

He felt through his whole body, he loved them. There is nothing. NOTHING more important than them. “I will keep you safe…” he mumbled.

Do they even understand what happened? Do they know they will not see their mother ever again? If they could understand it, how would they react? Would they be mad at him? Would they blame him as well?

Tears suddenly started flowing from his eyes. “Don’t hate me… Just not you..” he said quietly. He couldn’t handle this thought… “Don’t leave me… Don’t let her take you away again… Don’t let her take you from me…” He was pleading, knowing they can not hear him right now, and would probably not understand even if they did.

His body was shivering, not from the cold. He could not leave the room. He could not turn his eyes from them. It was scary. He was scared.

Of her? Of the thought of being left alone? He was not sure. Of himself?

“How long… How long will I have to live like this?”

Spoiler

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap--

The young Adele Ludovar sleeps peacefully within the Otistadt nursery...

Edited by CopOwl

Josef Ludovar would not have heard of the news regarding his brother and his (ex)wife yet, perhaps having other personal topics in mind

In the silent halls of Kazstadt, Robert was stressed out of his mind. The recent family dramas and his declining health had caused the old Baron to have more gray hairs by the day. He felt much disgust over his daughter-in-law and the state that his heir was in. Usually, Robert would use the old-fashioned disciplinary actions to straighten his kids out. It was the only way the Baron knew... But this was different. Johann normally always avoided punishment, as he was the clear favorite out of all six siblings. Robert didn't know how to deal with him, but he knew he had to do it quickly. "What to do... what to do..." he pondered

Adele Ludovar worried over her son, deciding that she could feed him while he kept up in the nursary with the children. "Joseph, sie will nicht go anywhere. Ich can promise du das." She would mutter to herself as she began makeing food for him.

August Barclay arched a brow as he heard Johann explain the situation to him. Though he did nothing whatsoever except watch the gathering of the court chat and complain about Anya with his uncle Viktor!

(@Borin)

Friar Viktor complains about the degredation of society and evaporation of faith among the canonist realms with his nephew and gremlin follower August