Do we have a plan if War Server fails?

DrakeHaze.

Genuine question, @itdontmatta @Llir @Telanir

Has there been any discussion within administration or tech for a backup plan should the war server crash and burn? If there has, can we have some idea as to what the backup plan is?

I'd personally not want a repeat of last time. Maybe just remove raid cap with 1 hour notice before raid for war duration. Just think there has to be a discussion of this before the inevitable at the very least.

Also if any other players have any ideas for a backup plan/idea let me know because I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks about this.

>a plan

LOL

Could fix the root cause of the issue by dynamically revamping and re-imagining how we act out war and conflict on LoTC. But ya know.... 100+ people clashing together is kinda fun and chaotic. When it works.

2 minutes ago, Fireheart said:

Could fix the root cause of the issue by dynamically revamping and re-imagining how we act out war and conflict on LoTC. But ya know.... 100+ people clashing together is kinda fun and chaotic. When it works.

Let's go down this rabbit hole,

How would you personally like to see it changed? I've always liked the idea of re-imagining conflict and making it less warclaim focused, and heightening instead the possibilities of raids and other smaller to medium scale war actions.

20 hours ago, DrakeHaze. said:

Genuine question, @itdontmatta @Llir @Telanir

Has there been any discussion within administration or tech for a backup plan should the war server crash and burn? If there has, can we have some idea as to what the backup plan is?

I'd personally not want a repeat of last time. Maybe just remove raid cap with 1 hour notice before raid for war duration. Just think there has to be a discussion of this before the inevitable at the very least.

Also if any other players have any ideas for a backup plan/idea let me know because I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks about this.

You should repost this daily until they respond. This cannot go ignored. 

If you don't I will. Just asking you to first so I'm not accused of just doing it to repfarm.

16 hours ago, Nooblius said:

Let's go down this rabbit hole,

How would you personally like to see it changed? I've always liked the idea of re-imagining conflict and making it less warclaim focused, and heightening instead the possibilities of raids and other smaller to medium scale war actions.

It's a double edged sword. The majority of the community invested in that type of roleplay would see large scale wars as is, but minus the technical issues and complications that come with trying to drive that system on Minecraft spaghetti code designed for a couple of friends to play together, not 100's. That's realistically still the best answer, but year after year it doesn't get easier to achieve that and no one wants to see through drastic changes due to how much blow back that person would receive against implementing new rules / systems.

I'm not invested enough in that roleplay to even try to propose an actual solution hence why I punted off my original comment as a half joke. More robust systems revolving around more frequent and organized small skirmishes, key roleplay events [i.e. deaths / captures], and people not getting butt hurt and taking things offensively oocly when they lose land / rp clout would be where I'd start looking.