POTENTIA ECCLESIAE

kipps

UkGnpofuDD1v2y9S7KmVzO7jIH0BGeWXAyhZPBWNhvHX0oUDzUEp12WL-IIQDmUkaPvfzOO6b11uAR-CLlEYS0Oe0F5C25dIVl46he3umvMUic20Q93ue_GwJr4VD9e9LNW2YeXp

“Admiring the Papal gallery”, 1850

How Glorious Is Our Lord in Zion (Anthem)

POTENTIA ECCLESIAE

ON THE MIGHT OF OUR HOLY MOTHER CHURCH IN RECENT TIMES

“‘And with the third son of spirit, no more shall prophet rule as king; the crown and the laurel are two in harmony, like unto Evaristus and Clement.’” (Gospel 7:60-61)

Verily it has become undeniable that our Holy Mother Church has seen a trend of declining authority in any matters besides strict theology in recent memory. One may argue that this downward trend has started since the death of High Pontiff Pontian III but I’d argue that since the Pacem In Terris of High Pontiff Daniel VI, the Church has had no significant part to play in the story of the Canonist realm. The harmony of Crown and Laurel has been disturbed in favour of the Crown in recent times. Allow me to expand upon this thought a bit further:

The most recent example is the excommunication of the Orenian Emperor and his wife who consulted azdrazi in their plot to murder the Duke of Adria, the discovery of such actions being penalized by His Holiness in “Poenitentia Incompleta” which declared those complict, that being the Emperor, his wife and the Vice-Chancellor of the Holy Orenian Empire, anathema. The proposed penance was to step down from their mandates, which it seems was too much to ask from the anathemae. The Emperor specifically seemed quite unfazed, even though he was willing to seek penance for earlier misdeeds (one may remember the walk in rags he did after the Michaelite Schism lost ground due to never gaining popular support).

It has been remarkable to witness the lack of care the laymen have shown when their secular lords have challenged the authority of the Church, especially in current times. The Emperor was able to swallow the hit to his ego by walking in rags into Karosgrad, and the populace cheered him on for doing the right thing, but obeying the Vicar of God and abdicating his position for penance is too big of a hit, and the populace’s outrage was but a mere whimper when put besides the roar of piety shown earlier. The otherwise proud and pious Orenian flock does not even lay a finger upon the anathemae; they’d rather pretend that His Holiness did not condemn them to such faith and continue to function with him and his ministers without any doubt.

Is the layman even to blame for his lazy attitude towards the Faith? It is that which I ponder, our Holy Mother Church has become an institution in function of the nations of Man it seems, gone are they days of Crusades and and Papal dictates of peace, our Church now has to pander to and garner support from the sovereigns of Man to stay afloat. The Church has no sovereign physical manifestations, no Prince-Bishops or Papal States that consolidate the authority and independence of the institution, only the Churches in the hearts of cities which, as seen in the Red Diet of Karosgrad, do not offer nearly enough solid ground for a Church true to Scripture but defiant to secular lords. The layman can’t just betray his King or Emperor that feeds, protects and houses them for an in practice distant Pontiff, it’s quite a reasonable attitude for someone who sees His Holiness as a secondary lord only dictating at the grace of the secular lord to not heed the Pontiff’s call, for in reality their devotion to God is not nearly as big as that of a man actively participating in the Church.

Therefore I find it crucial to have an autonomous geographical location in control of the Church be made, as to restore the balance between Crown and Laurel and to manifest our most Holy Church into more comprehensible and less abstract structures for the common layman.

DA DEUS FORTUNAE,

Acolyte Leopold Ottomar Barclay

To the devout Brother Leopold, @kipps

Your writings highlight a troubling trend that I too have noticed. Although I would have liked to hear more about how a autonomous geographical location controlled by the Church would increase our Holy Mother Church's authority, I am glad to approve this Thesis. Please find myself or another Clergyperson of some authority to be ordained, and begin your journey in our Holy Mother Church.

GOD bless,

Francis Cardinal Albarosa

-Al2y_tes4m2-mW7CyHL_dlr7cT68WvaMEuV9mUEvqyNueWUCFHrxTXLV1j13_xjc0IbduFLJ3nDBccqavXb6Qr9Ax1LMTajWu6AgRwcMQ7lcgmU7otuXk5srylSBDdKblfA37E9

"My cousin.. a Barclay, first of all..", in the middle of a cloudy night, a young priest Erhard thinks for a few moments while looking away and pausing his work, the top of the pencil tapping on the surface of his working desk. He loves his kin and God more than anything, being of well knowledge regarding the Church and Canonism, also surrounded by his other cleric cousins. "As always, Leopold never disappoints with his writings and wise quotes.", Erhard remarks with a firm nod to himself, returning swiftly to his side work..

Hieromonk Ernst nods and offers a sincere thumbs up to the thesis "A very relevant and practical topic." he'd comment idly "Just the type of thesis you love to see"

Jordan Cardinal Jorenus peered over the thesis, reading it with the utmost detail - not a misplaced word would slip past the Patriarch, for grudges shall be grudges so long as men live. And thus, with all seeming in order, the Cardinal, begrudgingly, placed his inked mark of approval upon it, mailing a brief letter notifying of such to the acolyte involved.