[Eventline] The Mountains Awaken

Javert

BEomS_0M4qkVDg7rymGv8s9r-X_hbEdzQYSmDcoLUTl8YXwNzP92M1mzfDlnI6spVkOREfA-2lVna4OsV_I_yWaFq-Xgs6HZtG-691V8nu5HvjELceFHlIsLEnQyJDOpOVY1qgEB

The jagged mountains of the Raenrland stretch into the clouds, the top of the mountains unable to be seen by the naked eye

Dunrath. Home of the United Clans of Barr and Suther and the center of Rathonian politics. For years, the tribesmen of the Mountains looked upon the settlement with a mild distrust. They had not expected such a small settlement to be a threat to their people in the mountains. After all, the tribesmen had the Svarlings and other matters to prioritize rather than a sparsely-populated town in the middle of nowhere. Even so, their eyes never left the Rathonian settlement, and soon their distrust grew larger as they witnessed the Rathonians expand further into the mountain ranges.

The Tribesmen watched as the Rathonians constructed Fort Cathrine. A Fortress, on the very doorstep of the mountains. Being unaware of the border with Oren, the Tribesmen had automatically assumed the Fortress was there to keep them in place, and the Tribesmen began to consider taking action. However, the final straw came soon after, when they witnessed Rathonian settlers move directly south of Dunrath and settled the town of Gränsstad.

No more, the Tribesmen had concluded. No more would they let the Rathonians and the Jarl of Dunrath encroach upon their territory, which had been theirs for decades before the Norlanders came. They had fought tooth and nail against the Norlanders during the Skanarri war to secure the mountains for their people, and even after the rest of the Skanarri fled Norland they remained in the Raenrland. They had assumed, especially with the course of the last war, that the Norlandic people would not send settlers into the Mountains again. Clearly, they had misjudged the Kingdom of Norland.

The Mountain Tribesmen sharpened their blades once more.

[!] Soon, the Rathonian settlers in both Dunrath and Gränsstad would notice increased activity within the mountain ranges surrounding their settlements. So too would they notice that those who now traversed into the mountains seldom returned back.

Spoiler

OOC:

Hey y'all, this is the beginning of a brand new Eventline that I thought up with @MNT_Plovdiv. This is going to be a relatively small-scale event, and will primarily effect the Raenrland regions of the Kingdom of Norland. If you have any questions or concerns, shoot me a DM at Javert#3430. Otherwise, enjoy!

As Daria heard of the news of movement in the mountains, she quickly went to find her children's father. "Ve need to go to Dunrat', I need to knov if my friends are alrig't"

Sir Boots whistled a foreign tune as he dug the moat surrounding Grenzstadt one meter deeper, and made the walls just behind three meters taller.

Artyom prepares his equipment and his gaze is ever wary of threats to himself and his fellow denizens. “I have niet ever been of the overly skillful in combat. But a Rosik niet runs. Whoever these folk are, they are of the mistaken if they think they can take what we’ve worked so hard to build for ourselves out here.”

Edited by Crymson

7 minutes ago, ImDrippedJr said:

As Daria heard of the news of movement in the mountains, she quickly went to find her children's father. "Ve need to go to Dunrat', I need to knov if my friends are alrig't"

Vane turned to face the woman, taking her hands in his own. "Aye, then I shall summon the Ashguard and we will make sure that Dunrath is safe." 

Spoiler

e9c836a4c25d9b94306f10611dd2d16e.png

Seated comfortably somewhere in the far north, Vikne Kjeldsdóttir, a Svarling of quite some infamy, let out a quiet, thoughtful hum as the affairs of the South were relayed to her. "So, the land burns with the fires of war, and apparently we missed some of the hillmen when we put that hamlet to the sword," She observed, pushing herself to her feet and pacing about in the middle of the room for a moment. "Hm. I suppose I'll have to keep an eye on all of this."

Casimira, meanwhile, was too busy color-coding and reorganizing everything in her bedchamber for the fifth time this month, and so didn't really take notice of the current goings-on. Ignorance is, in fact, bliss.

Daibhidh Sutharlainn would be able to hear the noises all around the northern Mount Turnip region and the southern Mount South Dunbar region. "It must be the mountain dwelling people again... I wonder if I need to issue another travel notice..." He would then sit on his table and draft a new travel notice:

Spoiler

Dear all Rathonians,

The aboriginals on the mountains seem to start mobilising once again with the increase of noise they have been creating for the past few days. The Jarl of Dùnrath advises people to refrain from travelling in the following regions:
- Eastern South Dunbar
- Eastern and Northern Östlandet
- Northern Osmonde
The Early Mobilisation of Dùnrath should commence soon in order to prepare for such threats imposed towards the Eastern and Northern Neighbourhoods.

The People's Council

Dùghlas Sutharlainn would recieve the news from the notice. He would keep silence because he wants his does not want his wife to worried about him. On the other hand, his hand would be touching a folder, with the phrase Operation Little Matilda written on the cover.