TO THE CANONIST FLOCK

valecu

TO THE CANONIST FLOCK

Disunity, the fruit of the unrighteous anathema upon the successors of Horen. Our most virtuous Crown has been accused of murder and conspiration with an Azdrazi, but we ask the Pontiff of ours, where is your evidence, your Holiness? Or is this your unjust reasoning to split brothers and permit them to wage war between themselves? 

We witness the ignorance and carelessness of our Church, which simply refuses to negotiate with their Imperial Majesties. To reject somebody from the flock and to not cooperate with him in his cleansing of sins, you are no continuation of Evaristus and Clement.

And there in our Holy Scrolls it is written. 

“I name you pontifex, for you are a builder of bridges.” (Gospel 6:61).

So, Everard VI… Why have you failed yourself and Godan, and most importantly the sacred mission?

And you, Fidei Defensor! Your flock is endangered by the Ireheats and Urguan, yet you ally yourself with them. You have broken your vow, which you swore in front of Godan. You, much like your conspirator, the High Pontiff have failed in your divine duties. In numerous bestowments of your title, it is said that you are obliged to defend the Canonist Church and it’s faithful, and to defend any Canonist Lord from infidel invasion. Yet you have only shown aggression towards us and our Crown.

You, Pontifex Maximus, where are you? Why haven’t you responded even to your priests’ letters? Your tardiness and absence neglects our Church.

No human is perfect and each one of us may have sinned, even the Prophets have, but Godan forgave them and showed them the virtuous path. So now, do as he did and abolish the anathema upon the Crown of Orenia!

Signed,

Father Philip of Provins

Joseph d'Azor shook his head as he read the missive firmly in agreement. "And so what do you do oh builder of bridges? You have torn down the avenues to access your flock and in their place assemble draconian bridges of malice to ferrymen towers, and stone footpaths to Urguani hovels!"

Henry Penton sat in his office at night, muttering over a crowded desk of papers. He was alone, in faith and peace. He offered a simple prayer to God on high: "Lord, come what may, I ask for your guidance and wisdom during these trying times. Every great act of Your magnificence can be traced to kneeling men, not those who stand. May You guide me, and help me, O' Lord. Amen." With that the old man, the top of his head shining in the candlelight, closed his books.

He stood to leave before an aide rushed in, "another missive, Mister Penton!"

The old man snarled, snatching at it. He threw it on his desk, marching off. "What I should have prayed for is one damn night of sleep in this world!"

"These orenian puppet priests seem to forget they are not his flock for the leadership and citizenry of the empire schismed against him, those who stand besides the excommunicants side by side deserve excommunication themselves, including this so called priest." remarked Walton.

Edited by Basil Moroul

7 minutes ago, Basil Moroul said:

"These orenian puppet priests seem to forget they are not his flock for the leadership and citizenry of the empire schismed against him, those who stand besides the excommunicants side by side deserve excommunication themselves, including this so called priest." remarked Walton.

"I genuinely wonder who you are speaking to old man." The stubborn 16 year old Joseph Clement of House Sarkozic remarked to Walton as he heard him comment upon the paper of the most honorable Father Pruvia.

"Didn't Presbyter Ileana already respond to this one's questions? Did he want Us to repeat what she said?" Everard VI would ask, seemingly to no one, as he returned to his holiday getaway in Aeldin.

Spoiler

My office hours will resume after the holidays.

Edited by Pureimp10

"How could the Fidei Defensor do this.." Johann Barclay muttered in terror at the missive.

Presbyter Ileana grabbed a quill and pad. "Work, work, work. The man should really make me his Secretary at this point..."