To Haelun'or

Caelria

Sohaer Braxus Ni'leya reads this letter. "Mister Orrar was certainly no fool - I cannot wait to hear the cries of delight from our enemies who misunderstand the purpose of this!" He'd chuckle to himself, shaking his head as he places the letter down on his table within the confines of the Citadel.

Edited by Gavin_

An ancient elf reads the texts with a scowl, rolling his eyes as he reads ' You speak of Lucion, but who was Lucion? You speak of Kalenz, or Iatrilemar?'. He commented for himself, within his own room. "Yes, Lucion was flawed but one of the better. Kalenz, a disgrace to our kin, which even his own kin agrees on. And Iat..." The old elf took a deep breath before shouting into the paper, maybe suprising anyone within his home. "SHOULD PUT A DAMM SHIRT ON!" Having finished the paper later, he marched down to the fireplace. "At least it can do this good thing."

A weary, albeit rich Kharajyr longing for the high elven place that once raised him from squalor sets his eyes upon the paper. He checked the signature first before shaking his head in disbelief. He did not read the letter, but he knew what its contents likely were. Everything he'd done since then was a bid to glimpse again a shred of what once was, but never was it accomplished if even possible. He continues on his way, ever-wishful of a return to the past -- just like the rest.

But it would never come.

The newly appointed Tilruir'indor gets his hands on the missive, and comments publicly, venom in his voice. "Kill this missive with fire. This accursed monster is responsible for all the woes of Haelun'or; for it was during his tenure as Sohaer that Haelun'or resumed its raids on Elvenesse, and altogether made nonsensical diplomatic choices that alienated virtually everyone. The tale of Othelu Orrar should be one to frighten children to go to sleep, not to educate. Burn this Mali'ata and his memory."

"I-- He's alive?" The elf muttered in joyous disbelief as she too rose from her seat, tapping the box of sohaerite truncheons she'd salvaged. A look of determination appeared upon her pale visage. "Othelu... Wherever you may be, my dear, dear llir... Please stay safe." She murmured, chuckling as she read the missive once again. "Bugger always did have a way with words. Should he ever resurface in person, I shall buy him a drink.. Hells, I'll buy him the whole tavern."

"One who could end this, yet one who understands what my cause is so founded upon. A horrid cycle of monotous repetition with ever so subtle changes to cast off labels of the prior governing system. The 'aherals do not need more of the same, or ideals of the past but to pass on the torch and let the modern times adapt its form" So sighed the Princess, her digits drumming the table's top before her. "Could I strike down Othelu? Mayhaps, yet would I? Ne, never. This is he who rescued me from the pit I found myself in, and he so understands the ideals moving forward. Those mislead in the state by that of one proclaiming to be the Sohaer believe I'm the great destroyer of our culture, our people- when I have expressed nothing but comprehension and mercy- when I have offered everything but a desire to progress into a bloody civil war. If only they would simply see reason and know all I want is for this to end peacefully, so that we might forge the new shape of the flame together, rather than let it remain in a static shape.. unable to writhe

What do you make of this, llir?" So did the Princess hand the the missive to her llir @Monkee

41 minutes ago, Twinny said:

"One who could end this, yet one who understands what my cause is so founded upon. A horrid cycle of monotous repetition with ever so subtle changes to cast off labels of the prior governing system. The 'aherals do not need more of the same, or ideals of the past but to pass on the torch and let the modern times adapt its form" So sighed the Princess, her digits drumming the table's top before her. "Could I strike down Othelu? Mayhaps, yet would I? Ne, never. This is he who rescued me from the pit I found myself in, and he so understands the ideals moving forward. Those mislead in the state by that of one proclaiming to be the Sohaer believe I'm the great destroyer of our culture, our people- when I have expressed nothing but comprehension and mercy- when I have offered everything but a desire to progress into a bloody civil war. If only they would simply see reason and know all I want is for this to end peacefully, so that we might forge the new shape of the flame together, rather than let it remain in a static shape.. unable to writhe

What do you make of this, llir?" So did the Princess hand the the missive to her llir @Monkee

The Snow Elf at her flank ponders for but a moment, before suggesting, "If Othelu yet lives, you ought to seek him in-person. Your cause is just; your vision, bright. I am hopeful that he, too, shall come to see this."

"How can I be a visionary, teacher, when all I see is darkness?" queried Éowyn Nullivari melancholically. She overlooked Caer Raywyn and the lands of Myrine - thinking on Olivier and Savoy in the nighttime.

The only answer to her question was the wind.

Spoiler

GHOST KING GHOST KING

Luthriel blinked.

"What the bloody darn-"

She looked up at water damaged wood ceiling, stained with the urine of the stray dogs she cared for upstairs.

"So did he come back from the dead with necromancy or-"

She looked at her metalic arm, fist frozen in an unmoving position of holding the hilt of a sword.  Beside it lay her longsword.

"All the more reason to serve necromancy."

"But, if he ever tells me to bring someone like this to him, I will not.  It would be best for the greater good that minds like this stay safe."

She took in a deep breath.

"I must do what I must do for the greater good."