A Letter to Almaris

crazedpudding

A LETTER TO ALMARIS

[i] Hawks carry copies of the same letter to most major settlements and cities in Almaris, and the banging of hammers can be heard as the letter is posted on notice boards for all to read.

CR20WXSl9etzlfq1z6qrXGTJRLonAzwxus5qDl66qx7cXHwEz7yhNlDBd17VsaGkXJANQz6mCsk6YWQqW8B6RZEidZWKlcDO4bGaFVT78tWhHY7VpvCptie78W4JHMPMEP93t-dz
[i] A sketch of Henrietta Therese lies here as she sits within Nikirala Prikaz’s chapel.

Within the walls of the Winter Palace, a mother’s cries can be heard. Klara Elizaveta covers her ears against the sound, her own silent tears slipping down her face. The girl can still feel the eyes on the back of her neck, as if she were still being watched. Every time she closes her eyes, she sees a bundle of sticks and leaves falling from the canopy of the forest. She can still hear her aunt’s desperate wails as the woman cradled the bundle close and fought off anyone trying to knock the Duchess of Alban back to her senses. 

Klara stifles a sob into her pillow as she realizes the wailing never stopped. She had only received a reprieve from the horrid sound when the search party had finally decided to sedate poor Henrietta, but even that could not quell the illusion induced grief. The little princess could still feel herself being tossed to the ground, could feel how the brush scraped against her hands as she caught herself. With a muffled sob of her own, the girl took a trembling step from the safety of her bed to sit down at her desk. With shaking hands, she pulled out a piece of parchment.

9TH of 
VZMEY AND HYFF
Iv Joveo Mann
406 EHR SIGMUNDA

To the beings of Almaris, 

A girl, barely younger than myself, has been taken, stolen from her family. Lady Elizaveta Ulyana of Alban has been missing for four months, or four Saint’s days. The only traces of my dear cousin have been a lock of her hair and one of her small shoes, found within the Barony of Dobrov

On behalf of my aunt and uncle, Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Marus Aleksandr @mkLouis and Princess Henrietta Therese @PerfectlyPeachy, Duke and Duchess of Alban, I write to the kind hearted people of Almaris today to ask for information. Information on my cousin’s possible whereabouts, or possible sightings. Please help reunite my cousin with our family, please keep your eyes open as you go about your days.

Any information or offerings of support are welcome through letters to myself or my mother, Her Majesty, Queen-Consort Emma Karenina @livrose of Hanseti-Ruska.

SIGNED,

Her Serene Highness, Prinzenas Klara Elizaveta, Duchess of Baranya

FN2_SsB1lxBhzkD2NRl9S0RTxtVeFUcuoYmGEbwyae4BioDk892tRZ3k0QuBshXAf4iD1xo0TDUYZBw9jF234xr5bpx_M3PZNOHWr7ZR9vUqtft_pPpJKEBRqYXrQoctsk10zmAk