A Truly Meaningless Death

Tk4522

Lying bleeding out on the on his bed, Szymon looked to the cealing and pondered. Within that moment, he realized, his life ultimately meant nothing, he had accomplished nothing, he was nothing. In his younger days in Rozania he trained to protect. In this, he failed without a shred of doubt. Whenever he closed his eyes, all he could picture was the smoke that arose from his home as he fled. Even when he had found his way to Norland, he was as useless as ever and contributed nothing of worth or value to the Ash Guard.  He was honestly no more than another body on the field to bolster their numbers, and in all honesty, a waste of space and resources with the barracks.

His hand curled around a golden ring that marked his engagement as tears streamed from his eyes. His ultimate failure… He could not protect the one for whom he cared the most… Cristonia. His life had been nothing but a downward spiral since the day she disappeared.

The blood continued to drip from Szymon’s wrists as his vision faded in and out. His last thoughts were of days long gone and a place that didn’t exist.

“Rozania… forever…” Szymon called out as his vision faded to black.

For Szymon, there was nothing after this. No comforting afterlife, no faces of those who he had know from life… nothing… What awaited him was pure silent oblivion.  

"Suffer not the unworthy." Ellenore comments, holding a high elven child.

Diona Roza rubbed her head, trying to let grief come another day. She made sure the house was spotless for when her husband returned, but she knew there would still be something dirty on his heart. An empty hole, for he lost his son.

Torstein Eiriksson Ruric had been recovering from being kidnapped, yet did not understand the meaning of death. Perhaps the 'Candy Man' would be seen as a magical being in the mind of a child, gone to meet with the all-father.

Although the death was meaningless, his grandpa crawled into the oblivion to greet his grandson in eternity.

"Berries n' cream~"

His voice hummed contently.

"Berries n' cream~"

It echoed throughout the abyss.

"Am a lil lad who loves berries n' cream~"

There it was again, doing the little lad dance, he was, or maybe it was just a gust of wind in the darkness. A distant memory. There were no Gods here. No angels. No demons. Only William. Only Grandpa. And grandpa wanted his berries and cream... He was quite sick of the whole being dead thing, in sooth. The reception was terrible, the staff was rude and someone and someone devious licked the whole f**king pool. Overall, a 3/5 stars. Mediocre at best. Wouldn't recommend it. Just don't die in the first place.

Complimentary chocolates are pretty good, though.

Upon hearing of the demise of his Bastard Son, Oisin O'Breathnach promptly locked himself in his room and seldom spoke to anybody for days on end with the exception of his wife. Judging by the whispers of the servants and the rumors that circulated around the Roza estate, it was clear that Oisin had been left in a state of emotional ruin upon the death of Szymon.

One night, alone in his chambers, Oisin muttered a small prayer for the soul of his child. No matter what Szymon had thought of himself, to Oisin, his son had never been meaningless to him.

"One day I will see you again...One day..."

A thin, sallow looking man enters Zach's room.

"Oisin's bastard son is dead."

Zach glances up from his desk. Stacks upon stacks of papers line the table around him, and he doesn't even raise his head. 

"I was under the impression that no one was to enter the room without important reason."

". .Sir, this is quite important. Oisin was an extremely influential figure in the downfall of Rozania, and-"

Zach cuts across, looking back at the figure.. "Rozania is long gone. Why should I care about it now?"

"At least send your condolences. It's what your father would have done."

Zach looks back to his desk . "Thanks to Peralien, I'll never know what my father would have wanted, because he's dead. Buffoon."

"Zach. Just do it, please."

Zach grumbles. "Fine. Just leave me be already."

The man closes the door, chuckling. 

And so Zach pens a letter to the Roza estate, intending for Oisin to receive the letter.

Dear Oisin O'Breathnach;

Condolences to the death of your son. He was a good man, from what I have heard of him. I hope that he is in a better place.

Sincerely;

Zacharias Calding II

Spoiler

Edited by satinkira