A Horror Hunting The Faithful.

Tentoa

Spoiler

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
A Warning of The Rougarou

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

I am Father Trevor, ordained priest of GOD and novitiate of the Lectorate of Owyn and I publish this open letter to canondom in order to better warn my fellow faithful of dangers within the Bayou. On the 12th of Owyn's Light, 2A 57 I was accompanied to the bayou south of Norland by two Lectors by the name of Danzen and Dharas, dear friends and battle-brothers of mine whom had graciously agreed to assist me in the recovery of a stolen rosary gifted to me by my mother. We had spent several days trekking into the wilderness, we made camp in the hollow of a withered tree and readied ourselves for bed. This was our second month of searching and near this same area I had been attacked by specters roaming east from the tomblands prior so we laid down aurum weaponry at the entrance and set animal traps for food. 

Before we could settle in for the evening an unsettling chill and a blinding fog more potent than usual, an usual shape passed through the trees and set us on edge; I remarked to my brothers to ready themselves for combat just prior to a foul scream that pierced the air and rendered all of nature silent, if I were to describe this hellish sound as as the death howls of an asthmatic woman I wouldn't be unfaithful in my depiction. Alert and worried for our safety we armed ourselves and retreated to the clearing away from the trees, there we spotted it. This beast stood tall as a green skin and was some abominable chimeric thing wrought of man, bear, wolf, and pig; it chanted a hellish ibleesian tongue to itself in recitation of some foul mantra it was busy carving bent and broken lorraines into the bark of a tree; mocking the symbolism of GOD to say His connection was no longer present upon the earth.

792348770_Brokenlorraine.png.8123f893adb15bc1e61bc69ba5495711.png

It turned and howled before coming at us, Brother Dharas of the lectorate was quickest to act and threw a flash bomb at the creature, blinding it. Though I was fearful I charged for it and trusted that GOD would protect me against such an evil, and as I drew in close and attempted to blind it once again it had the intelligence to cover Its eyes and slashed at me with tremendous claws; observations of the wound upon my chest revealed it cleaved through both my padded surcoat and the chain beneath as easy as warm table butter. Before It knocked me down the hill I chopped it with my axe, wounding Its arm and certainly hitting what I believe to be bone. After wounding me it fled, ignoring the lectors in what I can only believe to be purposeful targeting of the ordained. I have no doubts this creature is a demon of Iblees summoned by the chanting of Its name as it was mentioned several times prior in idle conversation as some sort of children's legend mean to keep the young away from the Bayou. But legends do not leave scars upon flesh nor thirst for the blood of ordained men. Below is a rough sketch of the creature from memory, some details may be lost to fear an excitement. 

I bid my fellow canonists thusly: Do not speak the name of the Rougarou. And I bid my fellow priests: Carry with you thanhium weaponry and flash bombs with which to blind the beast, I know not if these are true weaknesses of the creature but it is what we used. Make no mistake that this is an agent of iblees and foolish seeks an end to the rightful rule of GOD almighty through petty violence and blasphemy. Finally I thank the Lectorate of Owyn for their protection and aid with my personal quest, without their aid I would not be writing you today. GOD's love and protection be with you all. 

- Father Trevor Turnfield

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━
[!] The sketch of the beast is attached to the missive.
PhotoFunia-1641001811.thumb.jpg.d640952c5574dbf29fc2ec0046e1ec36.jpg

A mud-ridden Inquisitor sat within the sanctuary of an Owynist campsite, dwelling in the rich marshes of the West, clutching his lorraine whilst tirelessly mulling the Creature they witnessed, "I'll be mak'n Loup-Garou boots 'll tell ya tha'!" He bellowed into the night, crackling embers fending the lingering darkness that befell them.

A letter was written to this friend of sorts and as he opened it to be read and he would find

some fine words; With the mind to wanting to aid the hunt of this beast, no matter what.

"Greetings man of GOD. I'm but a common peasant, a butcher If anything who lives within Norland, and for it is my house... I ought to protect it even if it means going against hellish creatures of the sort. If you may need my aid or Norland's- Don't be afraid to ask. Regardless, I would not mind exchanging some words with you. You may find me indeed-- around Norland." -Ava.

@Tentoa

Spoiler

OOC: I apologize for the short and poor quality, It's pretty late here and i'm tired. Good post, though.