[Eventline] The Stone Ultimatum

Javert

ghbRTlI_SNiWnyCHfj4hEVvbAlTbWwyq5Z1fKKj5CcYkBw2ksF_58zTcw-g26P36Uw1LZfuQ6coksVkwhT_iU-xNDlZfucHxqqNw6eRhu-ZLvkjWZiY7F7GR-jFr6jKNm63aV_mg

In the harsh mountains of the Raenrland sat the Tribesmen. The Tribesmen who, for years, had been keeping a close eye on Rathonian settlement, and had decided that enough was enough. Recently, a band of their warriors had encountered a patrol of Ashguardsmen, and to them this was the final straw. To them, the Ashguard, and Norland as a whole, was preparing to stomp them out once and for all. And so, the Tribesmen decided to give a final warning to the men of the North before they returned to their old ways of war.

[!] Soon, a message reached the Palace of Varhelm and Dunrath respectively, and multiple copies were sent throughout the Rathonian lands.

scyflings%3F.svg.png

To the King of Norland and the Jarl of Dunrath:

We are the people of the mountains. The ones you call 'the tribesmen' or 'savages'. We do not seek to negotiate, and take this missive not as a chance to establish diplomacy, but as a threat for if you do not accept our terms. For too long the Rathonians and Norlanders have come into Our mountains and pushed us aside from Our lands. To this we say; No more. Now, you will hear our terms and obey, or the Jarldom of Dunrath will face the brutality and destruction of War, such that has not been seen since our first battles with Norland many years ago. We slew your people, drove you from the mountains, and left you defeated. We had thought you did not have the stomach to come into our mountains again, but it appears we were wrong. Now, our demands are as follows:

1. The Jarldom of Dunrath will be restricted to pre-expansion borders

2. The Fortress known as "Fort Cathrine" will be abandoned and destroyed

3. The Settlement known as "Gränsstad" will be abandoned and destroyed

4. Construction of estates outside the walls of Dunrath City will be halted

5. Construction of roads throughout the Raenrland will be halted

6. The Kingdom of Norland and Jarldom of Dunrath will deliver us 10,000 ingots of solid gold as payment for damage done to our mountains

These terms are non-negotiable. Should you refuse; we will raid your settlements, burn your fortresses, slaughter your warriors, and take your citizens captive. We, the rightful rulers of the mountains, give you two months to accept these terms (ooc: two days). Make the right decision, King of Norland and Jarl of Dunrath.

Helios frowns as he reads one of the copies. "Let's burn the mountains!"

Torstein Eiriksson Ruric would cling to his father's hand in worry, his breathing becoming more erratic.

"Papa, I don't want to be taken again..." 

He whimpered before wiping his eyes on the coat he donned. 

Vikne Kjeldsdóttir gave out something of a jaded sigh, and set about preparing for a trip.

Daria Vildr picked her newborn twins up and stumbled towards their father, a worried look on her face "Yet anot'er t'reat against our kingdom... v'en vill it end?" @_pr0fit

35 minutes ago, ImDrippedJr said:

Daria Vildr picked her newborn twins up and stumbled towards their father, a worried look on her face "Yet anot'er t'reat against our kingdom... v'en vill it end?" @_pr0fit

"Only When we make it so." Vane says to the woman, taking one of the children in his own arms "I shall need to speak with Ragnvald and Dughlas about it."

Aoife reads the missive with a heavy sigh. "I left Urguan to come home and get away from war. It just never ends" she says to nobody in particular. Knowing she had a long few days of smithing ahead of her, she heads to the keep to get some rest.

Malii'evarir reads the missive more passively. Not really one for politics, she checks that her chests contain the weapons and armour she brought with her and prepares to be called into battle.

Scatha would give rip the missive off the bulletin board and give it  a read, trident hold somewhat tightening as it dawned on her this was little more than extortion by some mountain rats. "I just finished putting the new building together! Hmph, their gonna get more than they bargained for if they expect us to share a single ingot" she said, annoyance colouring her tone followed by a  sadistic grin forming on her lips before crumpling it up and continuing on her way down to the tavern.

Boots casually shrugs and closes his gates that were made to withstand an enemy exactly like this. "Should've just taken my offer. I guess I'll have to use the weapons I offered to end their hunger another way." He then climbs on top of his house with a crossbow and several barrels of arrows, whistling a foreign tune as he waits patiently.

Spoiler

Keep your crossbow by your side.

Artyom sighs. “And so the storm begins. I had hoped it would niet come to this but I will never of back down.”