A Call Upon the Mali of Almaris

briarthorn

[!] A letter would be sent out to the elves of Almaris- the sender anonymous. The letter would be penned in emerald green ink and would read:

To the Mali of Almaris, 

I call upon you in times of war, not asking you to look past it but instead asking you to divert your attention to a possible common problem. I believe we have spent long as a race debating who is right and who is wrong, trying to prove how one sub-race is more just and right than the other. However I think we have lost sight of a common threat: Humans. Specifically the ones who wish to attack and harm innocent mali simply for being of a different blood. This is not a call to slander all humans- it is a call to look out for the ones who discriminate and bring harm against us. 

My own sisters were attacked, one of them being tormented for years by a man who claimed mali as a threat. As bad. The man has since been dealt with, however the threat still remains. How many more Mali are being targeted? How many more will be? 

This is not a commentary on the current wars, nor is it an ask to put them aside. Simply, all I am asking is that as a race we look out for people such as this- who wish harm upon our race. We have spent so long fighting we have lost sight of what truly connects us. I ask that you stay vigilant; if you see an innocent mali being tormented by a human that wishes harm, I ask that you put your differences aside even for just a moment to help each other. Instead of focusing on who is right or wrong in this sort of situation, just help. Bloodshed is inevitable, but when we lose sight of each other we become susceptible to the bloodshed of the innocent. I pray that we can fix this and unite among this problem. I understand we have our differences, but we are all mali at the end of the day- are we not? 

Edited by briarthorn

"Mali detected, opinion rejected!" said a certain Human of unknown origin as he stroked his elongated beard and tossed the missive into the fire before going into a raving fit. "I hate the elves I hate the elves I hate the elves I hate the elves!"

[!] Melawen scanned over the missive with a soft smile "Ti, ayla Mavis." she nodded her head pinning the missive to her bed post and looking to her frog "Ti.. she's got alot of potential." she responded to the croaking frog to her side.

Leithedir An'asul, donning his Sillumiran plated armour, looks amongst a copy of the letter from within the Silver Bastille. He ponders for a moment about who this anonymous individual could be and another moment considering the situation of the Silver State. "The mali'ata, being the impure of the High Elves, are just as dangerous, if not more, than any of the turrir, those that do not carry our blood, that seek the conquest and slaughter of our people. Mali'ata use their foul behaviours and lies to divide us, threatening our livelihoods by adopting foreign customs that are not compatible with mali. We are an infertile race, cursed since time began, where our own unity is paramount to ensure our survival. If we allow the mali'ata to endanger us, there will be no mali'thill to defend ourselves."

1 minute ago, Crevel said:

Leithedir An'asul, donning his Sillumiran plated armour, looks amongst a copy of the letter from within the Silver Bastille. He ponders for a moment about who this anonymous individual could be and another moment considering the situation of the Silver State. "The mali'ata are just as dangerous, if not more, than any turrir that seek the conquest and slaughter of our people. Mali'ata use their foul behaviours and lies to divide us, threatening our livelihoods by adopting foreign customs that are not compatible with mali. We are an infertile race, cursed since time began, where our own unity is paramount to ensure our survival. If we allow the mali'ata to endanger us, there will be no mali'thill to defend ourselves."

"When have 'thill ever been the defender of all Mali? Their own self-serving ideals are what limits their progression. Just yesterday I was indirectly threatened by one of your kinsman who invited me to Haelun'or to 'talk', he became very upset as I turned down the proposal. Even so, I think I made the right call with the venom that spewed unto the papers of the next few correspondences we shared. Clearly I made a wise decision not to go there alone, so to all. Should you be invited by a representative of Haelun'or. Make sure to bring a retinue of trusted people there, likely more than seven." Ruathar Indoren sighed deeply, seeing as there is still along way to go toward unity of all Mali. 

"You speak of violence, yet the world watches while we are being slaughtered. You speak of kinship, yet the world watches while the false princess is but a puppet to dark beings, aiming to destroy us. You speak of elvalah being our greatest enemies, yet it is the mali'fenn that murder my people under the pretender and you speak of unity while the other mali do nothing but betray us." A mali'thill named Usamea An'asul would comment, snorting upon receiving the missive "I have stated multiple times, Haelun'or will always defend elmali from persecution but when will the other mali defend us? When will the other mali protect us instead of turning our kin into nothing but earless slaves? We have offered them peace, yet they break their oaths. We have offered them aid, yet they turn down our requests. The world is busy polishing their own halos, painting us as the devils. Blindness is what roots within the mali kind, only when you open your eyes, may we all truly be united." The Okarir'san of Haelun'or would begin to speak. She was in the tavern of the Silver City, surrounded by a few mali and a few lessers, the elfess sipping wine as the conversation began "I hope our lesser cousins one day open their eyes, realizing what they have done - and when they do - we will not be heartless like they are, we shall offer them absolution." Usamea finished, turning to around to see who wishes to speak next

"Oh, so I say it, and you fucks destroy my house and physically assault me," begins Eir'thall, that crazed druid. He spoke to no one but himself, audible and clear. "But someone else says it, and they're.. f*cking adored!" 

He'd take a moment to compose himself, a hand dragging down his weathered face. A groan left him. "Eugh... Why do I even try?"

"Huh?" Ninthalor Heial'mal huffs out in confusion "Humanity, a threat? They have been kind to me and my clan, gave us shelter when asked. Our Prince Minuvas even served as the Archchancellor of Orenia." he touches his clipped ears "Dwarves seem more of a threat to me"

38 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

"Huh?" Ninthalor Heial'mal huffs out in confusion "Humanity, a threat? They have been kind to me and my clan, gave us shelter when asked. Our Prince Minuvas even served as the Archchancellor of Orenia." he touches his clipped ears "Dwarves seem more of a threat to me"

"How? Dwarves have been good to us for many years, llir. You should expand your horizon beyond Ephesius and Oren before making such a statement." Ruathar Indoren sighed as it seems misinformation is becoming more and more common.

5 minutes ago, Tulan said:

"How? Dwarves have been good to us for many years, llir. You should expand your horizon beyond Ephesius and Oren before making such a statement." Ruathar Indoren sighed as it seems misinformation is becoming more and more common.

"It was no human who clipped my ears. Unlike the dwarves, the humans are lliran to us and don't attack travellers close to Vortice."

Elias Bishop read the note carefully before blurting out rather loudly "Elves eat people zhough! How do zhey explain zhat!" And with that, the boy threw the letter to the floor and went off to find answers.

1 minute ago, Laeonathan said:

"It was no human who clipped my ears. Unlike the dwarves, the humans are lliran to us and don't attack travellers close to Vortice."

"A shame to have that happen to you, lliran. Still that is not applicable to every dwed, it's a small margin who resort to clipping of ears. In all my years, I have seen too many misguided people, from all over do that to mali. It's not exclusively dwed, sadly the Orenians are not beneath clipping ears either, despite their progressiveness. It's easy to judge everyone, it is far more complex than that. We as Mali should be better than this."

"The issue has never been 'all humans' and I'm glad that whoever wrote this realizes that. They clarified that this is not a call to slander all humans, but instead a call to watch out for those who wish harm upon Mali descendants. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as those that came before them. Those who had the same ideals and an even stronger hatred for the other races... The Druid sighed some as he glanced down at the missive once more. "Hearing about things like this is just getting exhausting..."